914Driver MegaDork
3/28/12 5:37 a.m.

Thank you.

Got any political opinions to share?

FlightService
FlightService SuperDork
3/28/12 8:38 a.m.

So a VS thread of political topics???? LOL

And I am not telling you guys were I live, I already have a wife, One person trying to kill me is enough

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/12 8:47 a.m.

Flounder VS Troll..

in this corner, coming from the bottom of a sandy ocean, the flat fish that ends all political threads...

In the challenger's corner.. sneaking out from under a bridge to feed the fish and snack on any unsuspecting posters.. the troll

FIGHT!

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
3/28/12 9:04 a.m.
FlightService wrote: I created the VS thread and it has spawned. VS Before there was no VS thread and therefore no spawn Do you all hate me for starting all this VS...FIGHT buisness? FIGHT!!!

No you didn't .

Proof But you can take credit if you really want it.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/28/12 9:07 a.m.

I don't think the VS threads are that bad, as long as things stay civil. I've learned a fair bit about some cars from them. Though I think there are too many comparing dissimilar cars.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
3/28/12 9:34 a.m.

I don't mind them, but I haven't had time to read them all. They come faster than I can keep up. I may be missing out on some good stuff.

Ian F
Ian F UltraDork
3/28/12 10:52 a.m.

I like the car versions on the main forum. The OT ones tend to get stupid really fast.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/28/12 11:33 a.m.

Instead of comparing cars which most folks have never had any personal experience with, I'd rather see a more constructive line of "tech tip" threads.

These could be where folks with actual experience with the cars could post useful knowledge that could be saved as a helpful guide if and when someone else buys that car. I'm thinking useful not-widely known tips that can save time and $$.

For instance, when changing the valve cover on a 6 cyl. AMC Eagle or Concord / Spirit / Hornet, it helps to take the windshield wiper motor out and drill a hole through the bulkhead to allow easier access to the rear valve cover bolt. Stuff like that.....

We could have a series of threads aimed at particular cars that everyone who had experience with could chime in. This could help owners, and potential owners of these cars with useful tips.

But really whatever keeps you guys posting and visiting here makes us all happy!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/28/12 12:44 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Flounder is better, trolls taste kind of rubbery

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
3/28/12 1:53 p.m.

I've enjoyed seeing what others think about certain cars. Plus we've see some cool pictures.

What's to complain about, if you don't like it don't click it.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
3/28/12 1:54 p.m.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
3/28/12 3:23 p.m.

lol

bravenrace
bravenrace UberDork
3/28/12 5:02 p.m.

I liked them at first, but with the recent increase in them, I vote NO VS threads!

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
3/29/12 6:29 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: I could care less
Can anyone explain to me why this phrase became so common without the negative?
Beacuse I could care less. I could care more too. If I couldn't care less, than I couldn't care less, but I COULD care less, ergo, I could care less.

which says that you actually DO care .... at least some .... I'm not you so I don't know for sure but I'd hazard a guess that you really DON'T care

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/29/12 6:33 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: For instance, when changing the valve cover on a 6 cyl. AMC Eagle or Concord / Spirit / Hornet, it helps to take the windshield wiper motor out and drill a hole through the bulkhead to allow easier access to the rear valve cover bolt. Stuff like that.....

You're crazy man! Waaaaay easier to undo the trans from the crossmember at the mount and jack the tail of the trans way up, leaning the motor forward. Wobble joints for the ratchet help, too.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
3/29/12 8:48 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
Joe Gearin wrote: For instance, when changing the valve cover on a 6 cyl. AMC Eagle or Concord / Spirit / Hornet, it helps to take the windshield wiper motor out and drill a hole through the bulkhead to allow easier access to the rear valve cover bolt. Stuff like that.....
You're crazy man! Waaaaay easier to undo the trans from the crossmember at the mount and jack the tail of the trans way up, leaning the motor forward. Wobble joints for the ratchet help, too.

Big hammer. Beat the firewall flat.

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
3/29/12 10:10 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Instead of comparing cars which most folks have never had any personal experience with, I'd rather see a more constructive line of "tech tip" threads. These could be where folks with actual experience with the cars could post useful knowledge that could be saved as a helpful guide if and when someone else buys that car. I'm thinking useful not-widely known tips that can save time and $$. For instance, when changing the valve cover on a 6 cyl. AMC Eagle or Concord / Spirit / Hornet, it helps to take the windshield wiper motor out and drill a hole through the bulkhead to allow easier access to the rear valve cover bolt. Stuff like that..... We could have a series of threads aimed at particular cars that everyone who had experience with could chime in. This could help owners, and potential owners of these cars with useful tips. But really whatever keeps you guys posting and visiting here makes us all happy!

I guess we would end up with basically a copy and paste of the FAQ's from each car specific forum.

But whatever it's your world I'm just living in

rotard
rotard HalfDork
3/29/12 10:58 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote:
Joe Gearin wrote: Instead of comparing cars which most folks have never had any personal experience with, I'd rather see a more constructive line of "tech tip" threads. These could be where folks with actual experience with the cars could post useful knowledge that could be saved as a helpful guide if and when someone else buys that car. I'm thinking useful not-widely known tips that can save time and $$. For instance, when changing the valve cover on a 6 cyl. AMC Eagle or Concord / Spirit / Hornet, it helps to take the windshield wiper motor out and drill a hole through the bulkhead to allow easier access to the rear valve cover bolt. Stuff like that..... We could have a series of threads aimed at particular cars that everyone who had experience with could chime in. This could help owners, and potential owners of these cars with useful tips. But really whatever keeps you guys posting and visiting here makes us all happy!
I guess we would end up with basically a copy and paste of the FAQ's from each car specific forum. But whatever it's your world I'm just living in

The tech stuff gets covered when questions are asked. These kinds of sites die quickly when other content isn't allowed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JGA29IAqqxUuFRPJ4zlHQcw6GbTB80VwrkXpY8IaoP2mabEKmLvejJIXKiVKr5Zp