1 2 3 4 5 6
Sarah Young
Sarah Young Copy & Design Editor
7/26/23 9:12 a.m.

Jonathan Richman a few months back.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
7/26/23 10:40 a.m.

Rodrigo y Gabriela in Detroit on 6/17/23.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/26/23 3:14 p.m.

Seeing this thread pop up again, I'm a dunce. We saw Lorna Shore, Mastodon, and Gojira back in April. 

The fiance got us meet and greet tickets with Mastodon. This meet and greet was way better than the one I did with them in 2014 in Nashville. And it was cute to see my fiance barely be able to talk to Brann Dailor their drummer.........she has a huge crush on him. 

I don't care for bands like Lorna Shore, but Mastodon has been on my favorites for more than a decade now. I think it was the 4th time I've seen them and 3rd time for Gojira. 

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
7/26/23 9:01 p.m.

I can scarcely believe it but I went and saw Gary Numan about a month back, before that it was Skinny Puppy's last show, and neither of those are really in my wheelhouse but they were both quite influential so I'm glad I went...

procainestart
procainestart SuperDork
7/27/23 3:03 a.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to procainestart :

Steve Earle is near the top of my list of people I want to see live. 

He's, like, practically your neighbor: he mentioned that he lives in NYC now.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
7/27/23 9:05 a.m.

DMB about 6 weeks ago.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/27/23 12:02 p.m.

I saw Garbage at Riverbend (Cincinnati's outdoor concert venue) on July 1st.  Shirley Manson still can belt out a song like nobody's business!

Next up is The Offspring at the same venue at the end of August.  Cannot wait !!!

Gary
Gary UberDork
7/30/23 9:26 a.m.

Last night: Lyle Lovett and his Large Band at Veterans Memorial Auditorium in Providence, RI. We were halfway up the mezzanine level but had an unobstructed view of the stage. He had Leland Sklar on bass and Jim Cox on keyboards, excellent LA studio musicians with fifty years experience each. It was an excellent concert. Three hours non-stop.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/23 9:44 a.m.

Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Too Short, Warren G on the High School Reunion tour Pine Knob Music Center Clarkston, MI Sunday July 23, 2023

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/4/23 7:16 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Doh, just remembered: We saw some ska like two days later across the street.

Love the Mad Caddies!

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/4/23 7:19 a.m.

Brian Fallon at The Stone Pony, June 12th, '23

He wasnt very good, honestly. Seemed like he was drunk.
Opener was Donovan Woods - very good!

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/4/23 10:34 a.m.

I overheard the Punk in Drublic-fest from my balcony a few weeks ago? Does that count?

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
8/4/23 11:37 a.m.

In reply to Gary :

I really want to see Lyle in concert. Been listening to his catalog a lot lately.  Great music.  

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/23 11:51 a.m.

The last performer I saw was ZZ Top probably 10-15 years ago. They were terrible and I walked out about 1/4 way through their show. Getting out of the parking lot early was worth more than seeing them stand there like sticks and play. 

Luckily the opening band was Lynyrd Skynyrd. They were 100% better than the bearded ones. 

I decided to stick to recorded tracks after that. Live shows have too many noisy people who want to stand up for 3 hours and scream. 

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/4/23 12:19 p.m.

In reply to hybridmomentspass & iansane:

The juxtaposition of these two posts is funny to me. Hands down the worst live performance I've ever seen was NOFX on Warped Tour years ago. They were absolutely wasted at about 2 in the afternoon and couldn't string more than about 20 seconds of coherent music together at a time before getting out of rhythm and stopping.

Last live concert I went to was Slayer, with Primus and Ministry, back in 2019 I think. Berking awesome show!

Going to see Pantera and Lamb of God tomorrow. I'm stoked!

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/5/23 3:15 p.m.

Oh, man. It's been a while. Five years today, apparently, way back in the before times. Last live show was Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans. Small venue, nice crowd, and a fine performance. 

02Pilot
02Pilot PowerDork
8/5/23 4:04 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In March we went to see James McMurtry at Levon Helm Studio in Woodstock. It was just him and a guitar. He puts on a very good show, lots of backstories to go with the music. It was my first time seeing him and going there. It holds a couple hundred people right in front of the stage and in a loft above, it's probably the smallest venue I've been to, a really good place to see someone like that. 

I keep forgetting about Levon's barn up in Woodstock. I first heard about it maybe a year or two before he died - as I recall, he was still holding weekly public jam sessions at that point. Foolishly, I never made time to get up there and take one in before it was too late.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
8/5/23 4:45 p.m.

I bought tickets in January 2020 to see my favorite band, Rammstein, in September of that year at Giants Stadium, my favorite football team. It only took 2.5 years to finally redeem those tickets. Worth every penny. It pissed rain so the crowd was small and we stood up on the rail. Getting ejaculated upon by Till Lindemann was a bucket list item for me

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
8/6/23 8:53 a.m.
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to hybridmomentspass & iansane:

The juxtaposition of these two posts is funny to me. Hands down the worst live performance I've ever seen was NOFX on Warped Tour years ago. They were absolutely wasted at about 2 in the afternoon and couldn't string more than about 20 seconds of coherent music together at a time before getting out of rhythm and stopping.

Last live concert I went to was Slayer, with Primus and Ministry, back in 2019 I think. Berking awesome show!

Going to see Pantera and Lamb of God tomorrow. I'm stoked!

NOFX...Ive seen them once on Warped and once when they were headlining a tour/show

Both times were MEH. Yep, they just rant and ramble on for just as much time as they actually play music.

The music I enjoy, but I wont see them again live.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
8/6/23 8:59 a.m.

mercy music, authority zero, unwritten law at the conduit in orlando, november last year. Weird show. Lead singer of unwritten law had been busted a few nights prior for "marijuana possession " in St. Pete or something, had a 50k bond. You don't get a bond like that for weed. Also happened to hear him talking about needing to spend a good 30min on the E36 M3ter with his guitarist while taking a piss. Something tells me that man is on the horse. whole show had kind of a bad vibe. 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/6/23 9:00 a.m.

I did sound for the bluegrass band my wife plays bass in last night.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
8/6/23 10:28 a.m.

Danny elfman last night in Irvine, ca 

the easiest venue I've ever been to.  No line to get in to the free parking lot, about 2 minutes to get through security and the ticket check, and food trucks everywhere with no lines to get good food from. 

sat near the front and he had a full orchestra, choir and rock band.  

and only about 5 minutes to drive out of the lot (although we were parked close to the outskirts). 

best version of dmp I've ever heard!

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI Reader
8/6/23 11:25 a.m.

Cleveland Orchestra July 22 Debussey's  La Mer and July 23 Two Pianos Who Could Ask For Anything More. 
Used our lawn tickets to picnic and listen to some beautiful music. 

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/6/23 3:57 p.m.

Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats at meadowbrook north of Detroit.  Sacred Soul opened.

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/6/23 3:58 p.m.

Concert was 8/4/23

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IdBiwKCQqQNBhFRjnEivxVaskfKjItQTI6M3cu4G8y1csuzXdjJ0lpDtRFEHhGP6