1 ... 5 6 7 8
Tk8398
Tk8398 HalfDork
5/4/24 8:55 p.m.
Will said:

Night Club at the Masquerade in Atlanta last night.

They are awesome, I saw them twice just recently.  

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/24 11:51 p.m.

Tonight we saw “Rent.” Very well done. (The band is back in there, so I gues it counts, right?)

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/4/24 11:54 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:
EvanB said:

Going to see Hot Water Music and Off With Their Heads tonight.

Hell yea. I'm headed up to Chicago for Hot Water Music/ Tim Barry next month. 

I wish Tim Barry was on this stop, it was a great show though. I've seen Chuck Ragan and Tim Barry a couple times in Chicago on the revival tour.

David S. Wallens
5/6/24 10:50 a.m.

And Maiden is on tour but no stops in Florida. I believe Charlotte is as close as it gets. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/10/24 2:42 p.m.

Cypress Hill, Souls of Mischief and the Pharrcyde tonight at the Tabernacle. Party like it's 1993

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/12/24 8:16 a.m.

Last night at Masonic Temple Detroit:

I've been a fan of both bands forever, and this is the first time I've seen either one live.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/24 5:33 p.m.

My sis-in-law's scheduling conflict became our good fortune last week as we got a day-of offer to see Diana Ross. Can't believe she's 80 years old. 

David S. Wallens
5/13/24 9:42 a.m.

Now have tickets to see Pylon Reenactment Society this summer.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/15/24 9:19 p.m.

Well damn Hot Water Music tonight at the masquerade atl then again next month in Chicago. So good

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
5/16/24 7:50 a.m.

Saw Heart last night with a group of friends.

They were unbelievably good. The Wilson sisters still have it in... I was going to say "spades", but that seems wrong.

Great set. They've built up quite the portfolio over the decades. One of my friends commented after how many times it was like, "Oh dang, I forgot that song was them..." Especially with their 80's stuff. Also go three Zeppelin covers and one Bowie.

They had six other musicians backing them on stage. That must be interesting as a younger musician to get picked for that lineup. Like, "Are you comfortable going from Zeppelin cover, to Disco, to Metal, to melodramatic 80's power ballads, to an accoustic set? Cool... you're in Heart now."

Cheap Trick opened and was... very disappointing. Audio was all muddy and they just didn't have a lot of energy.

Heart: Ann and Nancy Wilson on 2024 Tour, 50 Years of the Band

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/16/24 8:30 a.m.

We caught Reckless Kelly for what is most likely their last Chicago show. I teared up for a minute when they first walked onstage. I think this was the 15th time we've seen them.

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass Dork
5/18/24 9:55 p.m.

I was in DC on Monday night to see Hot Water Music, Quicksand, Off With Their Heads, and Be Well.

HWM is my favorite, we got the VIP tickets for the meet and greet, goodies, and acoustic set.

Ive been to 2 shows in 2024 - one guy played at both...in different bands. SInger for Quicksand/Rival Schools.

Will
Will UberDork
8/27/24 3:42 p.m.

Joan Jett at the Ryman Sunday night.

Gary
Gary PowerDork
8/27/24 7:45 p.m.

Annie and I saw a very old folk singer Tom Rush at Jonathan's in Ogunquit, Maine in July. I had taken several pics but I deleted them because Tom didn't look that great. But he still sounded great. He started his musical career in Cambridge, MA, as a singer/songwriter while he was an English major at Harvard. We both like his music and enjoyed the concert at Jonathan's.

8/27/24 8:57 p.m.

dang, i forgot about this thread. 7/16/24 at the Masonic Cathedral Theatre in Detroit. There are two concert venues at the Masonic Temple. The Cathedral Theatre is pretty small, capacity maybe 1500?

Jon Spencer Group:

and punk rock pioneers X:

8/27/24 9:00 p.m.

then 8/21/24 at the Masonic Temple Theatre in Detroit. The Temple Theatre is a lot bigger than the Cathedral Theatre, i'm guessing capacity around 4000?

The Avett Brothers. Date night with AW. We were late so I don't know who opened the show.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
8/27/24 9:43 p.m.

Just got back from an overnight to flagstaff for Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. Amazing show. Glad I got to see him, as he can't have too many more years left. 

David S. Wallens
8/28/24 12:38 a.m.

Just got home from Love and Rockets and Jane’s Addiction. I got to hear Mountain Song live. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/28/24 9:19 a.m.

Been on a busy summer of shows. Saw Metallica, 5 Finger Death Punch, and Ice 9 Kills at US bank in MSP. That was a great show. You can tell Metallica has slowed a bit but still a great night. 

Then the following Tuesday, saw the linda lindas, Rancid, and Green Day down in KC. I wish Rancid had a longer set. They sounded great. 

Both were over 5 hours of music for each show.

In a couple weeks, I'll go see Cage the Elephant here in town. 

We have seen a ton of music here this summer. It's been a lot of fun.  

golfduke
golfduke Dork
8/28/24 9:31 a.m.

I'm going to see the NOFX farewell tour in Boston in a couple days.  I'm pretty amped for that one. 

8/28/24 11:26 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Just got home from Love and Rockets and Jane’s Addiction. I got to hear Mountain Song live. 

I'm seeing them in a few weeks. So stoked!

David S. Wallens
8/28/24 11:46 a.m.

Very cool. I had never seen either band. Lots of old people there, though. 

I texted a friend between acts asking why so many Bauhaus shirts in the audience. 

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/28/24 12:34 p.m.

Lyle Lovett and His Large Band in Dayton, OH a few weekends ago.  Have not been able to see him since I lived in TX back in 1990.  Still a great show !!!

JAGwinn
JAGwinn Reader
8/28/24 3:30 p.m.

Sunday morning; sanctuary...

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
8/28/24 3:52 p.m.

Saw Glass Animals last Saturday, they were fun and it was the perfect night. 

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0wJ9kcihOj0wz5IxKwKXbfx3JpCIBtdajW8Enb64M6aFuLwrqhPecA829tzfpWMW