1 2 3
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/25/08 1:23 p.m.

I got a set of Jarts, a tube of Super Elastic Bubble Plastic and some candy cigarettes.

...oh, wait...did you mean THIS Christmas?

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
12/25/08 5:44 p.m.

My sister, who lives in England but visits every Christmas, brought me a set of 4 paperback books written by Clarkson! Last year it was a Stig RC cart and keychain.

I'm sensing a pattern here, and couldn't be happier about it!

fornetti14
fornetti14 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/25/08 5:56 p.m.

My wife and I exchanged presents last night but it cannot be censored enough to post. Sometimes the best presents are free.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
12/25/08 6:20 p.m.

bowling shoes, toaster oven, Beer, WoW, and some other small things

rebelgtp
rebelgtp HalfDork
12/25/08 6:43 p.m.

Got the full Adobe CS4 suite, Adobe Lightroom, 5 4 gig memory cards for my cameras, a Domke F6 camera bag, first two season of Digging for the Truth on DVD, Wanted on Blueray and the new Narnia movie, some photography books and a $100 gift card.

However the best thing I got was that girl from my college that was in the photo with the pup sent me a text saying Merry Christmas. Totally not expected and really made my day.

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/25/08 7:52 p.m.

Wife got me a new guitar, brother got me a Wii, mom gave me cash, also got a lot of books and some other cool stuff. It's been a good Christmas.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
12/25/08 8:29 p.m.

I got spoiled...

from the wife? A new 32" LCD TV

from the parents? A TomTom GPS ( I NEED a Stewie Griffen voice pack, anyone?)

Sister? New shiny analog guages for the Ninja. :)

Bozo
Bozo New Reader
12/25/08 8:46 p.m.

Box of Dynamat Extreme and some Jockeys

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
12/25/08 8:53 p.m.

I didn't really ask for anything, so from my mom, I got a bread machine (making my first loaf now) and assorted necessities that I hate buying for myself like underwear and socks.

From dad and his side of the family, I got cash, and the same type of produce knife that he used back when he worked in a store 20-odd years back. This was really cool; I haven't been able to find one I liked, and the one he got me has a nice leather holster and carved wooden handle.

grinch77
grinch77 New Reader
12/25/08 9:16 p.m.

I bought myself a new set of Mikuni BS34 carbs for my bike.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
12/25/08 9:33 p.m.

Red Rider BB-Gun from the Father-in-law.

Seriously!!

mtn
mtn Dork
12/25/08 9:44 p.m.
rustyvw wrote: Wife got me a new guitar

Do tell what kind

I got a new mandolin, an Orpheum.

My little brother got a build it yourself guitar kit, to resemble a Martin something.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam Dork
12/25/08 11:23 p.m.
Josh wrote: Ooh, a gift certificate to Maine Brewing Supply! I've been wanting to get into home brewing for a while now, so now I have no excuses :). I'll head over tomorrow and get an equipment kit, pick a style to brew. This should be fun, I've been collecting refillable bottles for months now, I should have enough for 3 or 4 batches :D.

Excellent. Now head over to homebrewtalk.com for some advice if you need it! I'm SkinnyShamrock over there. And may I suggest an English Brown or American Pale Ale as your first brew...they're very easy to get right and end up awesome 99% of the time.

I got some CDs, a couple t-shirts, some brewing supplies, and cash from the grandparents.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/08 12:19 a.m.

The wife got me a smoker, a new car for my train set ,and some odds and ends I needed.

RussellH
RussellH Reader
12/26/08 2:35 a.m.

Hotwheels Unimog and JD Tractor (because I enjoyed the book "Old Tractors and Men who love them"), Sears gift card for tools, PJs, fuzzy slippers and hugs and kisses from my 4 yo which is always the best gift for me on any occasion.

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
12/26/08 5:45 a.m.

My evil, sinister wife secretly blew our agreed upon budget to buy me a laptop so I can play Irace. The in-laws got me a Pegasus gift certificate so I can buy either a transponder or a down payment on a HANS. Yeah, I'm pretty happy.

johnhammer
johnhammer New Reader
12/26/08 5:47 a.m.

Frying pan. It's non-stick. You know you want one.

aeronca65t
aeronca65t Reader
12/26/08 6:11 a.m.

The Missus bought me a Kirkey race seat for the ~New Vintage Race Car Project ~ I bought a few weeks ago.

I'm building one of ~THESE~

And the kids got me a truly awesome Marshmallow Shooter! (below)

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/08 6:32 a.m.

I got an authentic GRM beenie,

It's no BMW, but nearly as sporty.

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/26/08 7:57 a.m.
mtn wrote:
rustyvw wrote: Wife got me a new guitar
Do tell what kind I got a new mandolin, an Orpheum. My little brother got a build it yourself guitar kit, to resemble a Martin something.

It's a strat copy made by Silvertone. I haven't picked up a guitar in about 15 years, and I've been wanting to start again. I thought about getting one of those kits, but I figured it would never get finished.

Rumnhammer
Rumnhammer New Reader
12/26/08 8:27 a.m.

I got a new PS3 with little big planet and Fallout 3 some blue ray movies to watch on it. (played that thing till 3am last night) I also got an ipod nano with an adapter to use it in the car. I got one of those marshmellow guns too.

One of the coolest things I got since I'm a big pulp fiction fan was a BMF wallet, really funny, I can't wait to whip that out to pay for something!

Chris Rummel

914Driver
914Driver Dork
12/26/08 8:34 a.m.

Aerostitch motorcycle jacket and pants, Iron man movie, and what Fornetti14 got.

Dan

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/26/08 9:23 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Aerostitch motorcycle jacket and pants, Iron man movie, and what Fornetti14 got. Dan

Does he know?

mel_horn
mel_horn HalfDork
12/26/08 9:29 a.m.

Three DVDs from the bonus-daughter:

LeMans, Winning, and Grand Prix

Bobzilla
Bobzilla Reader
12/26/08 9:38 a.m.
fornetti14 wrote: My wife and I exchanged presents last night but it cannot be censored enough to post. Sometimes the best presents are free.

I got one of those too!

Other stuff included some EBC's for the Swift, giftcards for food, Cordless drill/light combo ($29 special on blackfriday), new Samsung digital cam, Blue Harvest DVD and some other misc goodies.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E8bI9pcTkTpL8kbVkpFJYngpFRsnLotMdYqW7IgmM1mK0yGwB4B9VJbtUvCqdCEH