1 2 3
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 12:34 p.m.

I will start, as much as I love my Disco, I really think the Land Rover would have come out ahead if they had offered the TD5 engine in the US. Better on gas, great torque, no dropped cylinder liners, and the possibility of a 5 speed manual. I think with that option, my Disco would be near perfect for me

einy
einy HalfDork
1/5/20 12:38 p.m.

Apple Car Play integrated into the factory head unit, and the current generation cars’ LSD.  For the record, my DD is a 2011 GTI.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 12:48 p.m.

My DD is a 2001 GMC Sonoma. because it gets cold here in MI, I wish it had a heated steering wheel. if I lived somewhere warmer, I'd change that to LS1 or LS6. All of the above were in the GM parts bin for 2001.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 12:55 p.m.

I wish I'd gotten heated seats. I don't know why that's still an option in northern states.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/5/20 12:59 p.m.

I wish every car had the Dark Panel or Night Panel from SAAB. Seemed silly, but it was one of my favorite features I’ve ever had.  

Wally said:

I wish I'd gotten heated seats. I don't know why that's still an option in northern states.

Agree with this entirely. Arguable the single most important option on a vehicle. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 1:01 p.m.

remote start, heated seats, and steering wheel radio controls

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/5/20 1:04 p.m.

An lsd. I drive a 90 ranger 2wd and the only thing I miss from when I daily drove an 89 mustang 4 cylinder car is the limited slip. I'm not willing to 8.8 swap the ranger though so I just shovel my driveway before I try to leave 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/5/20 1:12 p.m.

Telescoping steering wheel.  Adaptive cruise.  Sunroof. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/5/20 1:31 p.m.

A teleporter. 

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/20 1:34 p.m.

I wanted heated seats in my new Tacoma, but they were only offered with leather. I wouldn't have minded leather seats, but they were absolutely the E36 M3tiest looking leather seats that I have ever seen. I've seen classier looking vinyl. I wasn't going to pay a few thousand more to live with cheesy seats.

Gingerbeardman
Gingerbeardman Reader
1/5/20 1:38 p.m.
Duke said:

A teleporter. 

You just need a shorter commute.

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/5/20 1:43 p.m.

I was extraordinarily lucky to find my 128i spec'd out almost exactly as I would have ordered it. The only thing I'd change is to get rid of the sunroof - I never use it, so it's just a heavy lump of glass and metal sitting way up high.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
1/5/20 1:59 p.m.

The Bond stuff.  Some days I want to lay down an oil slick or fog the tailgaters out. Maybe those saw blades out the side and of course the Mad Max red button on a floor shifter.  

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/20 2:00 p.m.

My 04 ralliart wagon was only imported for one year, and only with an automatic transmission.

It should have had a manual transmission and limited slip. It still is a fun daily, and does a good job as a stand-in for my autocross Miata occasionally.

Or, since I'm dreaming, full on Evo wagon. Only produced for the Japanese market.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
1/5/20 2:09 p.m.

My daily is the Passat wagon.  I'd like a fancier/newer infotainment system in it.  And adaptive cruise control would certainly be nice.

otherwise it has AWD, heated seats, plenty of power, and generally ridiculous amount of capability.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/5/20 2:20 p.m.

Cruise control and a limited slip. Downside to a base model from the 90s. I don't mind the manual windows and locks.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
1/5/20 2:20 p.m.

A torsen.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/5/20 2:23 p.m.

Back up camera for the FR-S. 

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/5/20 2:33 p.m.

The winter ride (98 Jimmy) needs a manual trans, a rear window defogger and wiper.  I added cruise control and a leather steering wheel.  I can live with the manual windows but power locks and rear tailgate release would be nice.  Already has LSD.

The summer daily (2000 Firebird V6) needs a limited slip. I added power windows/locks and leather steering wheel when I bought it.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/20 2:58 p.m.

Never realized how much I'd miss cruise control until I bought this Titan that doesn't have it.  Also, actual limited slip would have been nice...even if I could just dig it out of a nicer truck in a junkyard, but there is NO factory LSD for the Titan apparently.

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
1/5/20 3:19 p.m.

Things I have grown to love in the R56 are the auto dimming rear view mirror and the rain sensing wipers. 

I know the mid 2000's GM mirror is easily retrofitted and just giving it 12 volts will allow it to function as auto dim but those are huge compared to the size of the cars I like. BOM did the wiper thing on binky. I should look more into that.

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
1/5/20 3:22 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine :

I wish it had plug in electric.  

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
1/5/20 3:33 p.m.

OH, crotch vent for the ac.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/5/20 3:35 p.m.
Gingerbeardman said:
Duke said:

A teleporter. 

You just need a shorter commute.

It's about 11 miles each way; 30 minutes on a good day. It's not that long. 

It would just be a lot nicer to step into a phone booth outside work and step out of an identical phone booth on the corner near my house 5 seconds later. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/5/20 3:46 p.m.

Cell phone jammer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KxTyAIAf10dXzZT3J9AsXjmEsJXRz6unGLznnHzZxZde7hazNFPxH7EQ4w7Xsuq5