1 2
9000kw
9000kw New Reader
7/14/24 11:52 p.m.

What's stuck around through 2024 that you still like?

There are other forums?

triumph7
triumph7 Dork
7/15/24 12:58 a.m.

I get some good info off of Corvetteforum.com but it's nothing like GRM

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/15/24 2:22 a.m.

None.

Well, that's not true.  I'm on a Dodge forum (ForBbodiesOnly) and post there only when parts are available for a SCREAMING deal, or when I absolutely positively without a doubt need specialized help on something that I think would be rare knowledge for the GRM forum (so "not often").

The other is a forum I was invited to by my brother (it's an invite only site) as they have a GeoPolitics topic that I've found to be unrivaled anywhere else.  I only post there to post Ukraine updates and am shielded by the absolute toxicity of that site as a result (and it is a toxic site).

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/15/24 6:13 a.m.

MG Experience and Retrorides are the only other car forums that I visit. Retrorides used to be a lot like this place only with a Brit accent. Unfortunately it keeps getting quieter.

camopaint0707
camopaint0707 HalfDork
7/15/24 7:07 a.m.

The pontiac solstice forum is absolutely awful.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/15/24 7:28 a.m.

Pretty much GRM and FB.  I can't exactly say I like FB, but it serves a purpose.

I still sometimes drop in and spend a few weeks hanging out at GTPlanet, but GRM is the only forum I am on every day.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/15/24 7:43 a.m.
Duke said:

Pretty much GRM and FB.  I can't exactly say I like FB, but it serves a purpose.

Same and you can add Thumpertalk every couple days. It's quieter since it was bought by one of those forum killing companies, but that's not terrible, it was getting pretty bad.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/15/24 8:20 a.m.

ADVRider

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/24 8:46 a.m.

Only one other. And it's invitation only.

Can't shake this feeling this account is just a canoe

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/15/24 9:57 a.m.

Besides GRM? I really enjoy the Classic Motorsports forumwink

My serious answer, though, is that I don't really use forums that much (aside from GRM and Classic), though I often find myself in one if I'm looking for hyper-specific information–usually about cars.

To be honest, I do visit the Maverick Truck Forums daily. But most of that forum are boomers arguing about oil change intervals or the lack of a CD player cool.

I used to be on ADVRider constantly. I don't think I ever made a post. I was just there to soak up as much information about dual sport riding. And dip my toes in the craziness of Jo Momma.

I'm not much of a FB user. I browse Marketplace mostly.

But GRM is my home. I'm here probably 4 hours a day. I like it here smiley.​​​​

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/15/24 10:42 a.m.

I go to the Miata  website but rarely get usable information if I am looking for an answer to a technical question.

I always get good info on GRM so mostly stick with this forum.

I like that genuine experts post here, answer questions, and also that the GRM editors and story authors hop in with real data they collected in real testing.  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/15/24 10:52 a.m.

It used to be several, but for the past couple of years, this is the only one I frequent, unless you count Reddit.

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
7/15/24 10:54 a.m.

The Discord servers for different circles of friends and groups that I game with.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/15/24 11:00 a.m.

Varies with current interests.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/15/24 11:23 a.m.

Used to be 5-6, but the quality (up time), information, and interaction have all dropped dramatically the last few years. 

So this is the only I use anymore. And sometimes not even that often. I think today is the first time I've logged in for a week or more? 

RoddyMac17
RoddyMac17 Reader
7/15/24 12:06 p.m.

My daily routine is visiting the following forums:

LocostUSA (though the website isn't secure, so I can't sign in at work, and it's very very quiet these days)

GRM

Autosport's  "The Nostalgia Forum" 

RetroRides

MG Experience

Unfortunately, I find the MG Exp board is going a bit downhill, there appears to be very limited policing/moderating.

thewheelman
thewheelman Reader
7/15/24 12:23 p.m.

My daily visits are:

GRM (of course)

The Car Lounge (through vwvortex.com)

Mustang6G (or whatever model-specific forum matches my current vehicle)

DIYMobileaudio

I'm not on Facebook and don't use Discord, so forums are my main source of automotive info that isn't from auto news websites or Instagram. 

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
7/15/24 12:28 p.m.

saxontheweb for us saxophone players, but that's it.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
7/15/24 1:03 p.m.

www.garagejournal.com   good information , decent people like here ,

www.howardforums.com/  if you want to know about cell phones and phone plans

But nothing beats  here for the wide range of knowledge that people share :)

GRM rules !

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/15/24 1:15 p.m.

Here's my experience every time I visit another forum looking for a solution to a problem I'm having:

1. See a post completely describing the entirety of the same problem I'm having.

2. Reply post with a clearly awful idea of how to fix a barely related problem.

3. Lengthy reply calling the OP an idiot for not doing a search.

4. Reply that seems at first to be going somewhere, but quickly turns into an ad for Crypto/NFTs.

5. Dead air for months or even years.

6. OP makes a final post "Hey guys. I solved it! Thanks!"

prodarwin
prodarwin MegaDork
7/15/24 2:15 p.m.

I used to always be on a forum specific to whatever project car I had.  Nasioc, Miata.net, some honda forum I forget, etc.  The last few I've looked at are dead mainly because they aren't highly popular enthusiast vehicles.  I'm looking for detailed technical info on my current vehicle, but its not the type of stuff I'd ever expect to find on GRM.  FB, Reddit, Etc. seem to only have surface level question/answer exchanges - no real detailed information.

So yeah, I'm here, on rrax, and a few discords for people I virtual-race with.

chandler
chandler MegaDork
7/15/24 6:29 p.m.
NOHOME said:

MG Experience and Retrorides are the only other car forums that I visit. Retrorides used to be a lot like this place only with a Brit accent. Unfortunately it keeps getting quieter.

Retrorides had a pretty good movement until one guy got asked to step away and suddenly realized he was spamming the entire forum making g it look like it was busy. It wasn't, just one guy moving thirty posts along every day. What is there is pretty sound quality though.

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/16/24 3:50 a.m.
RevRico said:

Only one other. And it's invitation only.

Can't shake this feeling this account is just a canoe

100%

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3WevavsVtkBTlHWSprNpMNIlnPYMXv5owTHat0HH98M6BVXhM2tjn9YZzqLmsmCi