Appleseed MegaDork
10/23/23 8:56 p.m.
preach said:
Appleseed said:
preach said:
Appleseed said:

And Motorhead.

Not punk, but so much this.

The only not punk band accepted by punks everywhere.

One of the first questions I ask a new member to my crew is "AC/DC or Motorhead? The answer matters.

I berkeleying strongly dislike AC/DC.

That's disappointing. You should be asking Bon Scott or Brian Johnson.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/23/23 9:26 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Man, to each their own.

If you want to talk Rush talk to me about Red Barchetta, nothing else. They suck imo.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/23/23 10:34 p.m.
preach said:
Appleseed said:
preach said:
Appleseed said:

And Motorhead.

Not punk, but so much this.

The only not punk band accepted by punks everywhere.

One of the first questions I ask a new member to my crew is "AC/DC or Motorhead? The answer matters.

The correct answer is "Yes"

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/23/23 10:57 p.m.

Thanks to my old bass player I've seen more punk bands than I can remember. Our band was one of a few opening bands for Operation Ivy at an all-ages club we played at a lot. However, being a metal guy (playing guitar and singing in a punk band) I had no idea who they were.

Bands I wish I saw: Nirvana - they played at a small club in Trenton NJ a few months before Nevermind went huge, but had already created a buzz among the alt-music crowd I knew with Bleach. Among more mainstream bands, I wish I saw Def Leppard before Steve Clark died.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/23 2:37 p.m.

Not a punk show, but I had missed this band for decades for one reason or another. The Boy-Spawn and I went to see them last night. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/26/23 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

berkeley yes!  boy-spawn must be a good kid.  or at least you're doing what you can to make him one.

10/26/23 2:46 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks. He's pretty good as far as teenagers go. He intentionally wore a white t-shirt so it'd get a custom GWAR dye. It's going to take days to get the red and blue dye out of our skin.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/26/23 3:03 p.m.

It's kinda punk-adjacent (and the roots are totally entangled), but I narrowly missed seeing Siouxsie and the Banshees in about '92... I had tickets! A friend and I were driving the couple of hours from Eugene to Portland for the show, and that afternoon my ex-girlfriend called to say she'd been in a crash (not hurt) and ask some car advice, and I was still a bit of a mess, so that rattled me. Which is my internal explanation for why as we approached Portland I realized the tickets were still sitting on my dresser in Eugene.

We tried to call a friend in Portland to see if she could get tickets, went to the venue to confirm it was sold out, gave up and went to Hamburger Mary's for dinner. The next day, some friends who made it to the show said it was amazing, and after the show folks stood around outside and Siouxsie came out and hung out with the fans.

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/26/23 5:20 p.m.

Been watching this guy on YouTube a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/@ThePunkRockMBA

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/26/23 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

They’re playing Orlando on Monday. 

I should go, right? 

Hail Oderus.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/26/23 7:54 p.m.

Going to Gwar Sunday night in ATL. First time seeing them without Oderus. Last time was probably 09 when Hitler and Jesus both wrestled George W Bush. Truly the weirdest shows I've ever seen. Got suspended for listening to Boner - Death Piggy/Gwar in my keyboarding class in 6th grade. Lol

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/26/23 7:59 p.m.

GWAR is an awesome show. I was lucky enough to see them back in the early 90's.  I still quote on of the bits from that show:  "How do you hide money from a hippy?  You put it under the soap!"  So silly. So hilarious (being a child of stoner hippies). 

10/26/23 8:39 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Of course you should go!!

10/26/23 8:49 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Hail Oderus! Of course you should go.

In reply to Ian F :

I saw GWAR spring of 94 in Tempe AZ (or might have been Scottsdale, I'm not from there and it was 29 years ago). Opener was X-Cops, which I think was GWAR in different costumes. And that is different from RAWG, which was GWAR without costumes or makeup. It was a crazy show.

David S. Wallens
10/26/23 9:51 p.m.

GWAR without Oderus is still GWAR. 

10/27/23 9:13 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

X-Cops "opened" for GWAR on this tour, too.

GWAR, Negative Approach, X-Cops and Cancer Christ. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
10/27/23 9:46 a.m.

Not Punk, but more Hardcore: a local act called Sam Black Church. They have been playing some reunion shows lately, but they all sell out instantly. They are actually playing tomorrow in Worcester, MA! 

These guys were NUTS. They were as fast, heavy and aggressive as anything and garnered a huge cult following up here. True Boston Hardcore legends right up there with the best of them. Hoping I can catch the next reunion show and actually get tickets. 

Two Metal regrets: Not seeing Death while Chuck was alive and not seeing anything Ronnie James Dio did when he was alive. He's probably my favorite vocalist of all time. I have seen a bunch of other legendary acts over the years, but those two misses really sting. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/27/23 6:19 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

GWAR without Oderus is still GWAR. 

The idea that every single member can be replaced. GWAR will go on. And on. Forever.

David S. Wallens
10/27/23 7:53 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

And I’m down with that. 

chandler
chandler MegaDork
10/27/23 8:41 p.m.

Upside down room, I bought tickets twice but never actually made it. Listening to it now hurts my head though. I'm old 

10/27/23 11:28 p.m.
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/28/23 1:36 a.m.

Are the Luna Chicks still around ??

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/29/23 11:41 p.m.

Atlanta tonight. Florida people if you're on the fence, go.

Also X cops and Cancer Christ suprisingly fun lol

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
10/31/23 12:20 p.m.

Not very punk, but No Doubt played the local community college in 1996, when I was 13. I think it was right before they shot to huge mainstream fame on MTV. My parents were like, nope, double nope, no way. Regret.

RonnieFnD
RonnieFnD New Reader
10/31/23 12:26 p.m.

I wish I had seen the Bosstones. Great Ska music with killer guitar.  Biggest part being the great guitar tones.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jJDtfCQFLa1h5seVV9YXai8dBLMbXVlN3ryHHo2M4ALdNtuX5el9XS0Z8uwyWNZn