Hey...wait a minute...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/27/13 8:31 a.m.

hook line and sinker...

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/27/13 4:51 p.m.

The spamming is terrible. When, oh when, can we expect improvements?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
8/27/13 4:52 p.m.

CANO.......oh wait.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/27/13 7:19 p.m.

I found a place that lets you rent a room with a huge screen, kickass sound system, and great seating, for only $9 a movie.

It's called... the movie theater.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
8/27/13 8:19 p.m.
ddavidv wrote: The spamming is terrible. When, oh when, can we expect improvements?

When vBulletin.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
8/27/13 8:31 p.m.
Knurled wrote: I found a place that lets you rent a room with a huge screen, kickass sound system, and great seating, for only $9 a movie. It's called... the movie theater.

ya for a matinee... and another 8 for a popcorn... and another 8 for a soda...

and you get to share the experience with 100 of your loudest friends and 3 or 4 of them that take a phone call...

gota love the movies :-/

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/13 8:33 p.m.

the spammers have gotten fairly obnoxious. Time to implement some way to keep bots out?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/27/13 8:37 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
ddavidv wrote: The spamming is terrible. When, oh when, can we expect improvements?
When vBulletin.

Could you imagine the whining and kvetching we'd hear if we made one single change to this board? My postcount isn't correct. I can't find the buttons.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
8/27/13 8:47 p.m.

Of course, if people didn't bother responding to the spam posts they'd disappear off the bottom of the page pretty quickly.

Knurled
8/27/13 8:56 p.m.
donalson wrote:
Knurled wrote: I found a place that lets you rent a room with a huge screen, kickass sound system, and great seating, for only $9 a movie. It's called... the movie theater.

The trick is to dump everybody's soda and popcorn before they enter the theater so that you don't have to hear slurping straws and the world's loudest snack food.

It's not hard to sit still for two hours without shoving food down your face.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/27/13 9:05 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Of course, if people didn't bother responding to the spam posts they'd disappear off the bottom of the page pretty quickly.

Yup.

kylini
kylini New Reader
8/27/13 9:06 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: the spammers have gotten fairly obnoxious. Time to implement some way to keep bots out?

It is our duty to build and maintain those robots.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 Dork
8/27/13 9:48 p.m.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
8/27/13 9:59 p.m.

Has anyone in the history of the world ever clicked through on one of those posts?

Where would it take you and what kind of awesomeness are we missing out on?

And I have seen a change in the forum. The response box now has a different back ground color so people here an accept change.

Knurled
8/27/13 10:18 p.m.
carguy123 wrote: Has anyone in the history of the world ever clicked through on one of those posts? Where would it take you and what kind of awesomeness are we missing out on?

Is that like wanting to visit the wonderful world of syphilis?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/13 10:22 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
donalson wrote:
The trick is to dump everybody's soda and popcorn before they enter the theater so that you don't have to hear slurping straws and the world's loudest snack food. It's not hard to sit still for two hours without shoving food down your face.

I do not know what it is about theatre drinks.. but even the smallest one (which are not small) send me scurrying for a urninal about half way through the movie, even if I only sip it. Gotta be something in it, because regular sodas do not do that to me

Mental
Mental Mod Squad
8/27/13 10:23 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
DILYSI Dave wrote:
When vBulletin.
Could you imagine the whining and kvetching we'd hear if we made one single change to this board? My postcount isn't correct. I can't find the buttons.

I pay nothing for this! Why isn't it perfect?!?!?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/28/13 7:55 a.m.
donalson wrote:
ya for a matinee... and another 8 for a popcorn... and another 8 for a soda... and you get to share the experience with 100 of your loudest friends and 3 or 4 of them that take a phone call... gota love the movies :-/

I gotta fevah...and the only antidote is a drive in theater

Tickets? $7 a piece
Food? all the food and drink you can fit in a car for $5
Audio? Its as good as the speakers in your car
Background noise? zero (unless you fart audibly)

rebelgtp
rebelgtp UltraDork
8/28/13 8:46 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Kinda bummed. This weekend is our last weekend for the drive in for the season. They will be doing a triple feature which is normal for the last weekend.

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/28/13 8:50 a.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: Background noise? zero (unless you fart audibly)

So I can't take my dog then?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/28/13 9:05 a.m.

That sucks rebel. The local (45 min drive) one to me has showings all year long...they encourage the use of lawn chairs and small propane only camping stoves as heat sources (outside the vehicle of course)...its not uncommon to smell cooking meat and.or smores during the shows in the winter. Their new years eve celebration is supposedly pretty cool (pun intended), one year Id like to attend!

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/29/13 6:08 a.m.

Only 8 new spams in this section alone today.

Tell me again why just going to V-Bulletin would be so terrible?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HZZlzFF3mOb2FaennRJEbtVJxRqJWhJJkOYE7wwg3IIPsNrUuHv6Zl0s9nEqSqaz