1 2
mrjoshm
mrjoshm New Reader
3/16/12 11:18 p.m.

i was just wondering where else you guys spend time online... i usually check out classifieds from craigslist, bimmerforums, rallyanarchy, vwvortex, tdiclub, turbobricks, locostusa, the hamb, pirate4x4, rennlist, and ebay..

but i'm looking for some other places, i'm open to anything but what are the best places for datsun z and 510, porsche, diesel cars in general and specifically mercedes benz 190d fintails, vintage volvos, and pretty much any link to classified vintage race cars

thanks!

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/16/12 11:25 p.m.

Wait...there are other Boards?!?!?!

I like www.ratsun.net

and

www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/

(someone will post the right coast version of Tam's...I forgot the name)...

and youtube....

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Dork
3/16/12 11:35 p.m.

retrorides.proboards.com

dotheton.com

And I am hoping http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/ starts to pick up

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
3/16/12 11:49 p.m.

bringatrailer.com and japanesenostalgiccar.com are good place to look up project cars (the former has a good mix of cars from around the world, the latter for Datsuns and all sorts of other weird old J-tin).

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/17/12 1:22 a.m.

Too many, it varies depending on my current obsession. Current rotation is:

GRM, of course
Turbobricks.com
Miataturbo.net
Dirtyimpreza.com
v11lemans.com
specialstage.com
clubroadster.net

ratsun is good for Datsuns
I used to frequent peachparts.com/shopforum when I had my W123

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
3/17/12 2:09 a.m.

PracticalMachinist.com

Craigslist.org

Cracked.com

DirtyImpreza.com

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/17/12 5:36 a.m.

Pelican, Craigslist via SearchTempest, eBay and The Onion.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/17/12 6:44 a.m.

Www.google.com

Seriously, i'm always researching something.

akamcfly
akamcfly Reader
3/17/12 7:28 a.m.

An obscure mountain bike and politics forum.

facespace midlana - I pop in every Monday nexflix autotrader kijiji

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/17/12 7:58 a.m.

XS650.com

http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewforum.php?id=3

You want a mind boggler? Check out this thread: http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4861 Warning: before you click this, be sure you don't have anywhere to go for a while, go to the bathroom, get your favorite beverage ready, etc. Be prepared for your jaw to hit the floor.

roadraceautox.com

scsportscar.com

Various Googling of wildly different stuff (mostly home improvement recently).

Used to be pretty active on RX7Club.com but no more. Too much fanboi-ism, not much solid info or discussion any more. But it's still possible to go to the archives and get solid stuff so i keep my account open.

I'm signed up for CornerCarvers but pretty muck only lurk, not crazy about jumping in over there. I also lurk on mr2oc.com and many others, fishing for tech info.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/17/12 8:02 a.m.

ROFLwagens.com a local VW site.

914World.com

EricM
EricM SuperDork
3/17/12 8:08 a.m.

expeditionportal.com

sailinganarchy.com

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/17/12 8:45 a.m.

I look for more crapcans for the VS threads

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
3/17/12 8:50 a.m.

Well, now I have a new place to waste time; expeditionportal.com.

The0retical
The0retical Reader
3/17/12 8:51 a.m.

Cars:

motoiq.com
jalopnik.com
autoblog.com
grm (of course)
bringatrailer.com
thefactoryfiveforum.com
garagejournal.com

Tech:

Slashdot.org
ArsTechnica.com
Gizmodo.com
HackaDay.com (awesome electrical site btw)

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Dork
3/17/12 9:23 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: XS650.com http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewforum.php?id=3 You want a mind boggler? Check out this thread: http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewtopic.php?id=4861 Warning: before you click this, be sure you don't have anywhere to go for a while, go to the bathroom, get your favorite beverage ready, etc. Be prepared for your jaw to hit the floor.

Holy crap! Somebody there is grafting Mercedes brakes on a Humber Super Snipe!

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/17/12 9:27 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: I'm signed up for CornerCarvers but pretty muck only lurk, not crazy about jumping in over there. I also lurk on mr2oc.com and many others, fishing for tech info.

Were you registered with them a long time ago, or did you know someone on there who got you in? I thought that they haven't been taking any new "stranger" members for 3 years or so.

rotard
rotard HalfDork
3/17/12 9:35 a.m.

speedzilla rc51forums ebay craigslist gamefaqs ar15

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Reader
3/17/12 9:36 a.m.
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/17/12 9:49 a.m.

scsportscar.com

craigslist.com

google.com

ecorenovator.org for the last week or so.

Plus another thousand or so bookmarks.

There are usually 3-4 browsers open at any given time, one of them is always on GRM.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
3/17/12 10:27 a.m.
JamesMcD wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote: I'm signed up for CornerCarvers but pretty muck only lurk, not crazy about jumping in over there. I also lurk on mr2oc.com and many others, fishing for tech info.
Were you registered with them a long time ago, or did you know someone on there who got you in? I thought that they haven't been taking any new "stranger" members for 3 years or so.

I got in a month or so ago, right after I acquired the MR2.

Lesley
Lesley UberDork
3/17/12 10:39 a.m.

Pretty much just hang here, aside from Facebook. Used to frequent a lot of dodge truck forums a few years ago, but don't have that much interest in my truck these days and got bored with all the gun threads. Occasionally lurk on MX3 forums, mainly looking for parts since most of them are younger than my car.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/17/12 10:50 a.m.

Besides Facebook and Hotmail pulled up in different tabs, I have GRM in another tab along with www.yellowbullet.com . I'll also daily surf Rangerpowersports, KYHorspower, Stangbangerz.com sites. I also picked up looking at the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America forums to see what can be done with the wife's ride recently. I do look at bimmerforums for when the notifications for the various E46/LS1 swap threads get new replies.

Pretty much everything else gets filtered with some GoogleFoo.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
3/17/12 10:55 a.m.

Grm first, then craigslist, then maybe usa7s.com

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/17/12 9:13 p.m.
JFX001 wrote:
JamesMcD wrote:
I got in a month or so ago, right after I acquired the MR2.

I signed up a couple of years ago. Didn't have any problems. But then again, I rarely go there (such as it's been probably six months).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5riLCnD639dMzuqs7zzYZralZdcKaItrxyMshdf5HqsC4wIjMMM6KIlGpZ7y9Dea