1 2 3 4
Klayfish
Klayfish Dork
1/9/13 11:42 a.m.

It's been a relatively warm winter here in eastern PA so far, with even warmer weather predicted for the next week. My joints aren't complaining, so neither will my mouth. Quite happy to not have constant subfreezing temps, etc...

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/9/13 11:50 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: supposed to be 74 here in central GA saturday. I think we've been below freezing maybe twice so far overnight. I'm about to be forced to mow my yard.
Now that's winter! "Ooooooo a light dusting of snow it's so pretty"..........for about 15 minutes and then all that matters is that it's cold and you can't do anything outside plus it's going to get mushy & nasty. You can keep you seasons as long as I can keep spring & summer. That's all a body needs.

To each his own but a little cold has never kept me from getting outside. I gladly take some white stuff over mowing my yard year round and it being so hot and humid its like walking into a blast furnace when you go out.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/9/13 11:55 a.m.

My girlfriend just completed her first knitting project, a nice warm scarf in manly colors for me. Hence the impending 60+F weather by this weekend.

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/9/13 11:57 a.m.

We've had consistent snow cover since Christmas Eve here in CT. Be thankful if winter's not where you are

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
1/9/13 12:05 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
carguy123 wrote: Now that's winter! "Ooooooo a light dusting of snow it's so pretty"..........for about 15 minutes and then all that matters is that it's cold and you can't do anything outside plus it's going to get mushy & nasty. You can keep you seasons as long as I can keep spring & summer. That's all a body needs.
To each his own but a little cold has never kept me from getting outside. I gladly take some white stuff over mowing my yard year round and it being so hot and humid its like walking into a blast furnace when you go out.

Yeah, same here. Just put on some layers and you can have plenty of fun outside! Although I haven't been able to ride my bicycle or rollerblade since the bike paths are all frozen over. Not much fun to ride on ice with 2 wheels.

@Jerry: So it's your fault!!

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/9/13 12:07 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote:
carguy123 wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: supposed to be 74 here in central GA saturday. I think we've been below freezing maybe twice so far overnight. I'm about to be forced to mow my yard.
Now that's winter! "Ooooooo a light dusting of snow it's so pretty"..........for about 15 minutes and then all that matters is that it's cold and you can't do anything outside plus it's going to get mushy & nasty. You can keep you seasons as long as I can keep spring & summer. That's all a body needs.

I am the exact opposite. I will spend a ton of time outside in the dead of summer in Alabama and my car has no A/C but it gets close to freezing and you can't drag me outside.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/9/13 1:17 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

@Jerry: So it's your fault!!

You can thank me with MR2 car parts. Last year's non-winter I claim by buying a super awesome snow shovel for my new house in Dayton OH in October.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/9/13 3:33 p.m.

I have a window open right now, so much for the Son of SnoDrift winter TSD on Saturday.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/9/13 3:44 p.m.
fanfoy wrote: Yeah...seriously

My idea of Hell.

gamby
gamby PowerDork
1/9/13 4:09 p.m.

In reply to carguy123:

Meh, you get used to it. It gets to be a bummer, though.

While it's supposed to be 50 (in RI) over the weekend, which is NUTS for January, keep in mind, it was frigid a week ago and we got 8" of snow.

That said, the past 2 years here have demonstrated that something is VERY wrong with the climate.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
1/9/13 4:58 p.m.

cold weather to start in the middle of January. Around the 10th out west, them move east. Coldest in a long time.

China and Korea have been having record lows.

It's the start of the ice age.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
1/9/13 6:22 p.m.
cwh wrote: We have a big mango tree in the back yard. Lots of blooms, baby fruit already growing. Going to be a good fruit year. We don't need no stinking winter.

Planted two more pineapple tops last week. Just ate a tangarine off of Dad's tree.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/9/13 7:47 p.m.
iceracer wrote: cold weather to start in the middle of January. Around the 10th out west, them move east. Coldest in a long time. China and Korea have been having record lows. It's the start of the ice age.

yeah you're right ... next 3 days here in the upper 60's low 70's, then dropping all the way down to the upper 40's 10 days out

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/10/13 8:21 a.m.

Dayton OH about the same here. 4-6" snow 2 weeks ago, up to 60 this weekend, back to 30's next week. But our favorite saying has always been "Don't like the weather? Wait till tomorrow, it'll be different".

I do remember one weekend years ago getting all 4 seasons by Monday.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
1/10/13 8:55 a.m.

Snow in the Middle East, first in years.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/10/13 8:56 a.m.

Gonna be 64 here on Saturday!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/13 9:43 a.m.

In case someone's still wondering where winter is, I just took this photo ten minutes ago:

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/13 9:51 a.m.

The house is wide open and was all night. Low was about 60. Right now it's 70. The high today is supposed to be 76, I might have to turn on the AC. Box up some of that cold weather and send it down here please.

Here's the ten day.

Tomorrow, 76

Monday, 76

Tuesday, 74

Wednesday, 61 and cloudy

Thursday, 63

Friday, 59

Saturday, 60

Sunday, 61

Monday, 59

I guess I can live with that but a little colder would be nice.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
1/12/13 9:59 a.m.
carguy123 wrote:
fanfoy wrote: Yeah...seriously
My idea of Heaven...give or take a hundred acres.

Fixed. 73 berkeleying degrees here in North Joe-Juh today. I'd rather be sledding!

fanfoy
fanfoy New Reader
1/12/13 11:04 a.m.

You should see the back of the house...couple of hundred miles of trails.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
1/12/13 12:43 p.m.

65 in SW Pa this afternoon. Not complaining here at all. As long as I ain't shoveling that E36 M3 called motherberkeleying snow, spreading salt, warming up vehicles/ scraping windows etc I'm good w/ it.

I absolutely hate winter anymore, I used to look forward to the first heavy snow to lock the hubs in and take off over the mountain and hooning... just because. berkeley that nonsense anymore, I'll start my truck from OnStar Remote, let 'er warm up and arrive and drive.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/12/13 1:11 p.m.

I've been out cutting back the roses because they are starting to leaf out.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/12/13 1:21 p.m.

I just came in from cutting roots out of my yard and raking out a metric E36 M3 ton of pinestraw that's covering the dirt, keeping grass from growing. There's more to go and it's 80 frickin' degrees out there meaning I'm sweating like a hooker in confession. Come on back, winter!

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/12/13 1:42 p.m.

everyone seems to have taken my OP as a complaint because of the lack of cold weather .... let me make something clear ... I TRUELY DISLIKE COLD WEATHER ... I realize it's somewhat necessary for the insect control .. but I'd be more than happy for the weather we're having and let Dec and Jan get as cold as it needs and Nov/ Feb = warmer .. now carry on everyone

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/12/13 2:02 p.m.

All I need is about a week, no make that 2 days of colder weather. And colder definitely doesn't include weather cold enough to snow.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XR3IfBIfl0LGLhAt8uSchydG8UOurQ40uiMndb52co5Yyer9lUnINgSS2WEToxgj