1 2 3 4
iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
1/12/13 3:05 p.m.

Highway north of Los Angeles was blocked by snow.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/12/13 3:30 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
carguy123 wrote:
fanfoy wrote: Yeah...seriously
My idea of Heaven...give or take a hundred acres.
Fixed. 73 berkeleying degrees here in North Joe-Juh today. I'd rather be sledding!

Same here. I sweat my ass off at work today. Would much rather see some snow.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
1/12/13 3:35 p.m.

We hit 80 in central ga. Our a/c is running.

Made for a nice day in the shop tinkering with the bikes. Was planning a long dirt road Mtb ride, but my compatriots bailed.

All in all though, I'd rather have winter.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
1/12/13 4:51 p.m.

Not here. Kids played in the creek behind my parents house today. 2yo was cold from wading into chest deep pools so I played with her in the 80 degree sunny yard until she warmed up. Keep your winter, I prefer ours.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
1/12/13 6:31 p.m.

It was 62 here in Michigan today. I put a new differential carrier in the Miata this afternoon. Worked in my shirt sleeves. Weird for January.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/12/13 6:41 p.m.

Well, the long range forecast calls for a big drop in temps in the Southeast over the next couple of weeks. So if history repeats itself, thanks to this warm weekend we will be up to our asses in snow soon.

Oh, and I took the XS650 out today in short sleeves. Tomorrow I put a few miles on the Jensen.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
1/12/13 6:45 p.m.

There were motorcycles out everywhere today.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
1/12/13 7:21 p.m.

-27 and clear here this morn. Shoulda plugged the Neon in, I guess. It whined a bit about firing up.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
1/12/13 8:00 p.m.

I had to turn the ac on Night... More for the humidity... Supposed to get cold over the next few days though

xflowgolf
xflowgolf HalfDork
1/12/13 8:14 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: It was 62 here in Michigan today. I put a new differential carrier in the Miata this afternoon. Worked in my shirt sleeves. Weird for January.

Yup. Nuts. I got up early, hit the hardware store, and made the most of it.

I got one whole exterior wall of my garage scraped and painted with help from a friend. Didn't think I'd be doing that until spring.

I fixed my front door threshold (wood filler patch) and prepped and repainted our slightly rusty iron front porch railing as well today.

Now it will probably snow tomorrow. Ha.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/12/13 10:34 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote: Well, the long range forecast calls for a big drop in temps in the Southeast over the next couple of weeks. So if history repeats itself, thanks to this warm weekend we will be up to our asses in snow soon. Oh, and I took the XS650 out today in short sleeves. Tomorrow I put a few miles on the Jensen.

just in time for the Rolex

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
1/12/13 11:19 p.m.

Not much snow at my house in colorado yet this winter - around 45 inches total - but it's a tad chilly - like minus 9 Fahrenheit right now (10:15 pm). Gonna be a nippy one, tomorrow's high predicted at plus 9. Corvette's in the garage until May.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/12/13 11:29 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: It was 62 here in Michigan today. I put a new differential carrier in the Miata this afternoon. Worked in my shirt sleeves. Weird for January.

It will be back to cold and snow in a couple days, if not sooner. Good to take advantage while you can. I fixed a gutter on my house.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
1/12/13 11:40 p.m.

We had a good snow between Christmas and New Years. I even broke a shear pin in the snow blower. At this point, I want to repeat last (non)winter.

For disclosure, I'm in Central NY, but I grew up in Virginia Beach. Winter there was 30-40 and rain. We went 4 years without snow. When it finally did snow, it happened once a year, the city shut down, and was melted by 4 PM.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/13/13 7:59 a.m.

We hit a high of 58 in chunk of Michigan. It was that perfect temp and humidity to make everything wet. Anything in the barn or garage had a clammy damp feel to it. The walls and floors looked like somebody misted them with water. I hate that!

On the plus side out mud crop is coming in nice. It will suck the boots off your feet. The horses are even taking turns rolling in it to keep the mud good and mixed up.

joey48442
joey48442 UberDork
1/13/13 8:16 a.m.
logdog wrote: We hit a high of 58 in chunk of Michigan. It was that perfect temp and humidity to make everything wet. Anything in the barn or garage had a clammy damp feel to it. The walls and floors looked like somebody misted them with water. I hate that! On the plus side out mud crop is coming in nice. It will suck the boots off your feet. The horses are even taking turns rolling in it to keep the mud good and mixed up.

I didn't know you were local. I had a work meeting on Saturday. Second Saturday Ive worked since Ive been with this company. Bummer.

Joey

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
1/13/13 10:12 a.m.

13 degrees or so in Denver yesterday and it is headed to the north east. One report said colder next week, then much colder the week after.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/13/13 1:54 p.m.

NOAA's long term temperature forecast:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=ohx&storyid=91568&source=

Jan 17 to 21: Jan 19 to 25:

It's gonna get cold 'round these here parts at the end of january.

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/13/13 2:20 p.m.

of course it will be ... it's Rolex time out of the 7 - 8 yrs I've been going to the Rolex, last yr was the only yr the weather has been "nice"

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
1/13/13 8:41 p.m.

It was 7F out today. Not sure what temp it is now that it is night time. I guess I'll find out when I take the dog for her walk.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/13/13 9:11 p.m.

It was 80 yesterday on my back porch. It hit that again today. Three times I almost turned on the AC, but running it in January is just wrong. Bring on the cold.

allen_m
allen_m New Reader
1/13/13 11:46 p.m.

It's 8f now with no wind. Mid 20's tomorrow mid 30's wednesday. I'll trade you.

Jerry
Jerry Reader
1/14/13 6:53 a.m.

Yesterday up to 60F and solid rain. This morning it's a brisk 24F.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/14/13 7:30 a.m.

FOUND IT!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/14/13 7:46 a.m.

65 outside yesterday, perfect day for taking down the Christmas lights. I went for a ride on the V-Star instead.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ilfnMxpOISjydkPfxtPgZHPcCpb7M69SIzBmARVKtDU5zGLODIxKL4Ur3UvyqlDb