Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/19 5:44 p.m.

Building my buddy a garage.  Have a standard 9x8 garage door that came with the building kit, but he is installing a lift and wants a high lift track.  I can find stuff about them but don’t really see where to get one easily and quickly.  We built with 12’ tall walls so there is plenty of height.  

Where do you guys get this stuff?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
1/1/19 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

These guys give directions on how to replace garage door springs yourself when the rest of the world says you will die in a fire if you even think about it. They also have a link to high lift stuff under the garage door parts page. I like businesses who treat you like adults and let you decide if you are willing to take the risk involved with the job.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/1/19 6:34 p.m.

This seems to imply that it is less about different parts and more about just using the regular parts differently. 

From Joshua's link

https://ddmgaragedoors.com/parts/high-lift/custom-garage-door-high-lift-conversion-kit-quote.php

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/1/19 6:48 p.m.
MrJoshua said:

In reply to Patrick :

These guys give directions on how to replace garage door springs yourself when the rest of the world says you will die in a fire if you even think about it. They also have a link to high lift stuff under the garage door parts page. I like businesses who treat you like adults and let you decide if you are willing to take the risk involved with the job.

That’s where I bought my high lift conversion. They were very helpful. I would recommend them wholeheartedly. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
1/1/19 7:03 p.m.

What brand is the provided garage door?  Find the local distributor for that brand and give 'em a call.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7wAXAXOS2OZZUjCbQPP0z0CfdIzD93uQwsTjfaUH1oy2W2VLmqw7BYrjPwf81VaR