1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/10/14 1:33 p.m.

JG and I have been battling some kind of funk this week. Anyone else on the D.L.?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/10/14 1:44 p.m.

I think Sper might have a sucky cold.

Here's hoping all of you feel better soon!

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
1/10/14 1:48 p.m.

One by one, everyone in on our team at work has gotten the bug. I think I was the 2nd on the team with it around the 18th of December. It has slowly been working its way around, every 2 days someone was out.

jonnyd330
jonnyd330 Reader
1/10/14 1:49 p.m.

Me too, think its the cold weather we are having in Florida.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
1/10/14 1:50 p.m.

Ditto here, plus long term ailments.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
1/10/14 1:57 p.m.

Ugh, just got sick Wednesday night. The symptoms are fever, chills, nausea, and headache. I'm back at work but only half here.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
1/10/14 1:59 p.m.

Two weeks ago I had a sinus infection that morphed into my chest, got better, and then last week got a cold. I'm still getting over that one.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
1/10/14 2:00 p.m.

It's cold and rainy. Kinda makes you feel like E36 M3 even when you're not sick.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/10/14 2:12 p.m.

I'm 3 weeks in on a cold. Sinuses were horrible, weak, fevery for a week before xmas, then it moved into my chest and has decided to camp out there for a while. Not so bad anymore, but still hacking up the occasional bloody oyster.

slowride
slowride Reader
1/10/14 2:17 p.m.

I've had a cold for about a week, starting to get better now though. Also, my mom has pneumonia and my grandmother has something where she calls me up and demands Robitussin (I assume a cold).

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
1/10/14 2:24 p.m.

Drink more Vodka.

My wife got the nasty stuff right around Christmas. I'm still clear.

I suspect I will now get a horrible flu.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/14 2:34 p.m.
dculberson wrote: Ugh, just got sick Wednesday night. The symptoms are fever, chills, nausea, and headache. I'm back at work but only half here.

I got sick the same day and had the exact same symptoms. I asked to go home halfway through my shift because it literally felt like I was dying. I got home, cranked the heat up, took a good dose of Nyquil and slept for 13 hours. Felt 100% better when I got up but I know I'm not in the clear yet

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
1/10/14 2:40 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote:
dculberson wrote: Ugh, just got sick Wednesday night. The symptoms are fever, chills, nausea, and headache. I'm back at work but only half here.
I got sick the same day and had the exact same symptoms. I asked to go home halfway through my shift because it literally felt like I was dying. I got home, cranked the heat up, took a good dose of Nyquil and slept for 13 hours. Felt 100% better when I got up but I know I'm not in the clear yet

I had all of the symptoms but headache and nausea. I'd been taking ibuprofen all day, which could explain lack of headache.

I got home, forced myself to eat a bunch of garlic bread (garlic is my hippy-cure for cold/flu like symptoms), went to bed and slept from 5 to 9, woke up and went to the bathroom, ate some more garlic bread, and went back to sleep from 10 to 7:30. 13.5 hours of sleep and I felt GREAT the next day. Congested nose stuck around for a week though.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/10/14 2:49 p.m.

Sleep definitely seems to help. I slept for 20 out of 24 hours Monday/Tuesday. Unfortunately I only slept for 4 hours last night.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UberDork
1/10/14 2:52 p.m.

Im just over two weeks into a cold. I feel much better now except for the uncontrollable cough. Headed to the Dr at 4:00.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/10/14 3:26 p.m.

Yep. Caught something and it won't let go :(

Started before New Years with the fever, chills, coughing. Luckily it went away except for gunky lung and an annoying cough.

Spent New Years in Canada without too much hassle aside from the cough and now the past two days I've felt severely rundown and a little nauseous this morning.

Thanks to losing power last night I slept about 10 hours which has helped a bit.

I really want this crap to end though. I got E36 M3 to do.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/10/14 3:30 p.m.
Drink more Vodka.

That is un-possible.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/10/14 3:33 p.m.

Yep. Started with the sniffles and sore throat last weekend, now it's general stuffiness, aches, and coughing up nasty crap. Fun.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
1/10/14 3:44 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
Drink more Vodka.
That is un-possible.

It's a scorched Earth method. You've got to kill the good stuff along with the bad.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
1/10/14 4:07 p.m.

My wife has some intestinal virus. Its nasty. She hasn't had a flu in a couple years, so she thinks she's dying.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/14 4:35 p.m.

Was sick in December. It was like I had the hangover from hell with a fever. Lasted 4 days. Then it went away. The rest of the family ash had the head cold that goes to the chest thing. I have managed to dodge that one so far.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/14 4:36 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: My wife has some intestinal virus. Its nasty. She hasn't had a flu in a couple years, so she thinks she's dying.

My daughter had that before Xmass that REALLY sucked.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
1/10/14 5:06 p.m.

Been sick for a week too. Wife has been sick for two. Starts with post nasal drip, fever, night sweats and aches. Turns into cough and sore throat, and bloody oysters in the morning. Not strep, and I got the flu shot months ago. Just sucky cold virus.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/14 7:11 p.m.

I am getting over a nasty sinus infection. All my teeth hurt, I can barely breathe through my nose, every time I swallow my ears pop, my temps are running low instead of high, and I have a ringing in my ears that is driving me insane

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
1/10/14 7:18 p.m.

I've been sick all week. Monday I was in bed with a fever, Tuesday and Wednesday coughing and hacking, Thursday and Friday total laryngitis.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XUn73v5ecbexeu5IYuA3fd8WPqwyXX2p2T7iaws2c7JTR3SZTFbT9lKQOmjC7uE3