1 2 3 ... 8
etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 6:37 p.m.

Puff Diddly-Doofus? Caitlyn Jenner? Prince? Google? Big/little Amy?

I can't see your faces. So when you change your names and/or avatars, I have no idea who you are any more.

Just pick a name, stick with it already & quit confusing me!

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
8/10/15 6:40 p.m.

NO

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
8/10/15 6:41 p.m.

Get off my lawn!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 6:43 p.m.

Mouse over the person's avatar to see the name they originally signed up with in the URL

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/10/15 6:44 p.m.

I actually agree, damn name whores ruined football, err, something else... baaa humbug

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 6:45 p.m.

In reply to Not-Stig:

I can understand if you wanted to change from your meat name.

Great. Now "The Name Game" in stuck in my head. Thanks Nick!

Not-Stig
Not-Stig PowerDork
8/10/15 6:51 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

Read the last of this thread, https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/new-gt350/95841/page5/ I kinda earned the new nickname

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/10/15 6:52 p.m.

I'll totally second that emotion. As soon as people start changing names, it takes away part of the community. So I'm going to politely suggest that people return to their "usual" names. We have a great group here, and I hate to see it go away.

Thank you.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/10/15 6:56 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I'll totally second that emotion. As soon as people start changing names, it takes away part of the community. So I'm going to politely suggest that people return to their "usual" names. We have a great group here, and I hate to see it go away. Thank you.

But as I'm selling my G-body, what am I without a G-body?

David S. Wallens
8/10/15 6:57 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: I'll totally second that emotion. As soon as people start changing names, it takes away part of the community. So I'm going to politely suggest that people return to their "usual" names. We have a great group here, and I hate to see it go away. Thank you.

You can still be G-body-man. That's how we know you.

Not-Stig
Not-Stig PowerDork
8/10/15 6:58 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

Beer Baron = Slefain

GPS = Walterj

Curmudgeon = Jensonman

SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother

Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant

The list goes on.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/10/15 7:00 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
G_Body_Man wrote:
You can still be G-body-man. That's how we know you.

Can I use the -man suffix to become GMT400_Man?

David S. Wallens
8/10/15 7:01 p.m.
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.

Sorry, I'm just not going to remember that. In my mind, at least, when someone changes their user name, it's like they're a new person. Just my 2 cents.

Not-Stig
Not-Stig PowerDork
8/10/15 7:02 p.m.

So do you want me to change it back to Nick_Comstock or Nicksta43?

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
8/10/15 7:02 p.m.
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.

Beer baron and slefain are different.....I'm pretty sure...right? This is so confusing. Also ignorant had at least one or two more names thrown in there.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/10/15 7:03 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
Beer baron and slefain are different.....I'm pretty sure...right? This is so confusing. Also ignorant had at least one or two more names thrown in there.

Was SFO 92celicahalftrac? If so, I've been lurking for a while.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/10/15 7:04 p.m.

Beer Baron is Salanis.

I've had at least 3 names, but nobody has really had problems following me for whatever reason. I'll be sticking with this one.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Yes, at one point. Started out on this board as 93celicaGT2.

Not-Stig
Not-Stig PowerDork

In reply to Swank Force One:

selanis, slefain same thing

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/10/15 7:07 p.m.

You know what, I'll do it in two stages. I'll change my avatar, then in a month or two, I'll change my username. That way, forum regulars can get adjusted to the permanent avatar.

David S. Wallens
8/10/15 7:12 p.m.

Let me just say this about that, and then I need to set the table for dinner. We have many members who have been important contributors to this community for ages: EastCoastMojo, curtis73, aussiesmg, alfadriver, 16vCorey, MadScientistMatt, etc. When I see a post by them, I know exactly who they are.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/10/15 7:13 p.m.

Can't you turn the rename "feature" off?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
8/10/15 7:20 p.m.

My name has always stayed the same.

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/10/15 7:20 p.m.

I've been neon free for over 2 years now. For me it is part identity, part "i can't think of a new name".

Don't forget the name cycle of John Brown/Quasi Mofo/...

Gary
Gary Dork
8/10/15 7:22 p.m.

I've had a few glasses of wine and this thread is enormously entertaining.

I'm still Gary, and will remain Gary. It's my name and that's what my wife calls me. And I happen to really like my avatar picture because it means a lot to me. So I'll always be me here!

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VSz2I1rrYXtEU93kgesJwe938SXTympzn8ij1bPxL8nylWMrOZx4aIi7emw3XXS5