1 2 3 4 ... 8
mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
8/10/15 7:27 p.m.

The car in my avatar, and the reason behind my name, is gone. I keep both because you guys know who I am. I can't really brag about making Say What if I'm changing my name, now can I?

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
8/10/15 7:27 p.m.

I'm not sure I've ever really contributed much around here. I make a lot of smart ass comments that get taken the wrong way. I make asinine threads that drag on forever. I disagree with you even if I agree with you, I aggravate the E36 M3 out of alfadriver and Datsun1500. That's basically all I do.

Edit; I compromised to not confuse anyone

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/10/15 7:29 p.m.

I'm actually a cartoon cat. AND I own a rat-flail. True story.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 7:32 p.m.

I've been considering changing my avatar again but the name will stay. I've been using Toyman since the internet consisted of a bunch of text based chat rooms.

I'm getting a little bored with Phineas and Ferb so be prepared for that change.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
8/10/15 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

The_Jed wrote: Waiting with barely restrained enthusiasm...
etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 7:43 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: I'll totally second that emotion. As soon as people start changing names, it takes away part of the community. So I'm going to politely suggest that people return to their "usual" names. We have a great group here, and I hate to see it go away. Thank you.
But as I'm selling my G-body, what am I without a G-body?

G-man, buddy...remember this thread if you're ever thinking of a tattoo.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Dork
8/10/15 7:48 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

I have a very low pain tolerance, so tattoos are not for me. As I own a rusted out G-body, I find this amusing.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 7:52 p.m.
Gary wrote: I've had a few glasses of wine and this thread is enormously entertaining. I'm still Gary, and will remain Gary. It's my name and that's what my wife calls me. And I happen to really like my avatar picture because it means a lot to me. So I'll always be me here!

Oops, I thought your name was Gary Dork. Like Cary Grant or Hugh Jackman.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/10/15 7:55 p.m.

I was billspit before the web board went through a change and I had to reregister with a new name. If you can't follow that, too bad. And I still don't have an avatar.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 7:57 p.m.

do not look at me.. I have never even changed my avatar in all this time

NOT A TA
NOT A TA HalfDork
8/10/15 8:01 p.m.

I didn't know we could change our screen names here. I've been "NOT A TA" on all the other forums I've ever joined and so thanks to this thread and before the lock on changes comes I just did it. I'll leave my avatar the same for a long time. Now Woody won't think I sell radiator caps any more.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UltraDork
8/10/15 8:02 p.m.

Hell, since I joined this board, ten-twelve years ago, I might have driven my Mini for two of them.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
8/10/15 8:07 p.m.

I've always been 'Dr.Hess'. The period in the middle, a space or not, depending on the version of the board software. What are we on the third or fourth board now? Anyway, I have had a couple of different avatars, and I realize my current avatar O-Fends some folks, so I have considered changing it to this one instead:

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/10/15 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Dr. Hess:

No offense here, at least it's not a bow tie

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
8/10/15 8:29 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: In reply to etifosi: I have a very low pain tolerance, so tattoos are not for me. As I own a rusted out G-body, I find this amusing.

How can you own an '80s G-Body and say you have low tolerance for pain in the same paragraph?

BTW: I thought G Body man was a reference to Mr Slim Goodbody

slefain
slefain UberDork
8/10/15 8:30 p.m.
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.

I like beer, but I'm no baron. I found myself on the archived copy of the old board, I've been the same name since Oct 18, 2004. Kind of scary to think I've been on a forum for over a decade.

I wish my avatar was animated again though. I've tried uploading it a few times and it is always stuck at "I'm".

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
8/10/15 8:33 p.m.

In reply to HappyAndy:

And all the memories that I have repressed just came flooding back

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
8/10/15 8:40 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: The car in my avatar, and the reason behind my name, is gone. I keep both because you guys know who I am. I can't really brag about making Say What if I'm changing my name, now can I?

Honestly, if you changed your name with Grosh in it, we'd all still know who you are.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 8:44 p.m.

Celebrating my 40th year as Wally. I stopped changing my avatar a few years ago after some people complained. The Wife says we are enough alike that it fits.

Ghosts of avitars past

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
8/10/15 8:50 p.m.

My avatars have mostly always been whatever vehicle I'm driving at the moment. Hopefully, someday, it will change again.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
8/10/15 8:57 p.m.

I'm still confused with Wally and Woody.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
8/10/15 8:59 p.m.

I've been using my screen name since around 2000 when I discovered car forums. It's a dumb joke that only a handful of people actually laugh at, but it is my identity online, so it's not going anywhere.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
8/10/15 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

LOL, I'm not sure they know either.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
8/10/15 9:00 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: I'm still confused with Wally and Woody.

I misread that the first time.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 9:01 p.m.

Just gloogled "stig comstock" & nearly lost beer via nose.

I'm old; my imagination wasn't prepared for the idea of a texas atheist dating site.

1 2 3 4 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u0HLE2sI8rLGp2lQI90WELgbWrkEdVdYUKkbdcZzz0cqs8pZ6fs7wwFZkPlag4dC