1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/15 9:03 p.m.

No mysteries here. I have considered changing the ol' avatar, though. It's been 16 years since I put that Fiesta in a tree.....

Hal
Hal SuperDork
8/10/15 9:07 p.m.

Had my name for 71 years now. Think I'll keep it. Besides, I use the same name on a bunch of other forums so I don't get confused.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
8/10/15 9:11 p.m.

In reply to etifosi:

I never knew there was a Comstock, TX.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 9:13 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: I'm still confused with Wally and Woody.

So am I.

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock:

I can't stop laughing!

EDIT: though I'd never heard of Comstock, Tx either, I was laughing because my imagination was prepared for its existence.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
8/10/15 9:16 p.m.

I think I've always had the same name, but maybe the periods come and go. I made this avatar back around 2010. (T.J. or TJ)

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/10/15 9:23 p.m.

Ah, the power of community. Wally drives a bus, Woody fights fires.

Totally different people.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 9:27 p.m.
NOT A TA wrote: I didn't know we could change our screen names here. I've been "NOT A TA" on all the other forums I've ever joined and so thanks to this thread and before the lock on changes comes I just did it. I'll leave my avatar the same for a long time. Now Woody won't think I sell radiator caps any more.

Sure, but I always thought that was a TA...

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Reader
8/10/15 9:28 p.m.

I guess I'm just not very imaginative. I've used many usernames on different forums over the years, but I decided that sticking with mostly my name just makes everything easier. Including remembering my stupid login information when I accidentally click logout when I'm trying to get back to the forum front page (several times per day)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 9:30 p.m.
Wally wrote:
So am I.

No, I am...

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/15 9:32 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Ah, the power of community. Wally drives a bus, Woody fights fires. Totally different people.

Do we have a member that fights buses? That would be a cool job. They could call themselves "Wooly".

etifosi
etifosi Dork
8/10/15 9:44 p.m.
logdog wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote:
Ah, the power of community. Wally drives a bus, Woody fights fires. Totally different people.
Do we have a member that fights buses? That would be a cool job. They could call themselves "Wooly".

Please for the love of spaghetti, someone here needs to invent a nose beverage check-valve. I know we have the resources here to solve this one.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/10/15 9:48 p.m.

this is all John Brown's fault. quasi-motherberkeleyer

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 9:49 p.m.

Use my name and my avatar at the moment is actually me. The avitar changes now and then but I don't change the name.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
8/10/15 10:14 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.
Sorry, I'm just not going to remember that. In my mind, at least, when someone changes their user name, it's like they're a new person. Just my 2 cents.

I completely agree. This is the only forum I've been on that allows that option, and I think its silly and really takes away from the continuity of the place.

Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock
Nick (Not-Stig) Comstock PowerDork
8/10/15 10:20 p.m.

All right, who invited the Canadians.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/10/15 10:45 p.m.

We're here because even Americans need heroes.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA HalfDork
8/10/15 10:57 p.m.
Woody wrote:
NOT A TA wrote: I didn't know we could change our screen names here. I've been "NOT A TA" on all the other forums I've ever joined and so thanks to this thread and before the lock on changes comes I just did it. I'll leave my avatar the same for a long time. Now Woody won't think I sell radiator caps any more.
Sure, but I always thought that was a TA...

Nope, it's a TA wannabe Esprit doing a bad imitation!

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/10/15 11:06 p.m.

I think I'll change my name to bqkast.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
8/11/15 4:37 a.m.

That Wooly prick has been around a while. Alternatively, Googling "fire driver" yields all sorts of fun.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
8/11/15 4:41 a.m.

And now, back to VP's regularly scheduled crickets.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
8/11/15 6:08 a.m.

My screename has been with me since aol. It was my licence plate in highschool (dusterbd) and aol added the 13 to it when I got my free account freshman year at college. On the forums ive always been either dusterbd13 or dusterbd.

Ive also never had an avatar.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/11/15 6:09 a.m.

Gary likes it when we call him the same things his wife does.

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/15 6:21 a.m.
Not-Stig wrote: In reply to David S. Wallens: Beer Baron = Slefain GPS = Walterj Curmudgeon = Jensonman SwankForceOne = celica somthingorother Fueled by Caffeine = Ignorant The list goes on.

Lol... All amateurs!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
8/11/15 6:25 a.m.

I'm no fan of changing names. New name= new person. The old one goes away.

I've been SVreX on this board for 11 years- not gonna change. It's a reference to my first $20XX Challnge car, a Subaru SVX, so it's appropriate. But I rendered it badly- nobody gets it. I should probably have rendered it "SV Rex". Oh well.

I spent a lot of years with no avatar. A couple years back I decuded it should be a picture of The SVreX, which it was. I recently changed it to a picture of my current car- The Mumpkin.

Avatars are too small for me to see anyway, so it kind of doesn't matter to me. I can't tell what 95% of them are- they are just little blurry shapes. But they do help me identify people.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uE4L6ZXfB9Sajf98H55seRtJK9CpZpyNvURii1TAHh2QtnNYvger4TVolVYYdsly