aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
8/9/13 11:46 a.m.

Nice video of a San Diego passenger being scared straight

http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports/moto/post/autocross-ride-is-eye-popping-experience-for-passenger/

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
8/9/13 11:49 a.m.

Saw this the other day, couldn't stop laughing.

btabacchi
btabacchi New Reader
8/9/13 11:53 a.m.

Great video. The YouTube version was featured on the MSN page yesterday until it was closed due to copy rights. Thanks for posting a link.

slefain
slefain UltraDork
8/9/13 12:05 p.m.

Looks like a great way to not get lucky for a few nights.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UberDork
8/9/13 12:13 p.m.
slefain wrote: Looks like a great way to not get lucky for a few nights.

Doing it was an eye opener, posting the vid for the world to see is what should get him a fortnight on the couch.

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
8/9/13 12:39 p.m.

As much as I would love to scare my wife like that, I'm pretty sure she'd never let my son autocross with me again. In the unlikely event that she ever rides with me, I'll do my best to make it seem as slow in the car as it looks from the outside.

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/9/13 1:31 p.m.

Hey dude, did you see that girl with the huge... round... plump... eyes?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/9/13 7:10 p.m.

Cute, next time go for a mouthpiece. Saves chipped teeth from clenching.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/11/13 6:37 p.m.

on a different note, I was trying to help a woman at one of our a-x's (her first ever event) ... she was getting lost each time, and I couldn't find anyone to ride with her at that moment ...

so I asked her if she wanted to ride with me (sure was the answer)

start line followed almost immediately by an off camber ~ 120° corner ... the back end steps out .. I catch it and we continue ..

I ask her after we finish if she thought it had helped any ... her reply was "NO"

I asked why, and her reply was that she had closed her eyes at the first corner and didn't re-open them 'til the run was over

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
8/11/13 7:05 p.m.

Somewhere I have a video of my older brother riding shotgun in the Abomination. You can't see his face but he can definitely be heard. The course took a hard left into a two cone slalom then another hard left just after the start, that's when the screaming started. Then there was a high speed left/right/left offset with a sizeable rise in the middle, the car got loose at the top of the rise as I start turning left and he squeals.

Will
Will Dork
8/11/13 8:03 p.m.

I've had a couple fun reactions. I took four women for an autocross run in my CTS-V, and the launch produced giggles. Then the giggles got louder. Then they were pretty much all horse-laughing uncontrollably.

Had another guy in my Camaro that I think was trying to climb over the seat and exit out the hatch.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
8/12/13 5:39 a.m.

my BIL was in my passenger seat at an a-x once, and I thought he was going to slam a hole through the floor boards while trying to make the car brake half-a-dozen car lengths before I lifted (I still kid him occasionally)

Jerry
Jerry HalfDork
8/12/13 7:04 a.m.

Awesome. They were discussing this at Saturday's rallycross & I hadn't seen it yet. I think I've finally convinced SWMBO to come to a rallycross, but I don't think I'll show her this video.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
8/12/13 9:36 a.m.

I got my wife into the passenger seat of the Manic Miata for an autocross run once. ONCE.

DirtSloe
DirtSloe New Reader
8/12/13 10:13 a.m.

A few years ago a guy brought his wife/GF/whatever to an autoX. The scream started at the launch and didn't stop until the car was parked. I swear for the entire 60 second run she never drew a breath.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
8/12/13 10:19 a.m.

When I took a GF on a fun run; she giggled the whole time. The smile was still there after she removed the brain bucket and she didn't gaf about helmet hair, either.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
8/12/13 10:54 a.m.

My wife rode with me on one run in her stock Cooper S when it was at the end of the factory run-flats. She wouldn't get near it again. Good thing she didn't get in the pony car, it's a lot more violent.

Also, every time I look at rail buggies she walks away shaking her head muttering "nope, nope, nope, nope......"

jstein77
jstein77 SuperDork
8/12/13 11:21 a.m.

I've never gotten my wife into the passenger seat. I could imagine that there would be screams, punching, and/or cursing involved.

Took her brother out once. He came back pretty green.

miataman86
miataman86 Reader
8/19/13 10:19 p.m.

In reply to jstein77:

Sounds exactly what my GF would do!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SI4kFHgMoixmCNrzJ0CBE1dh6FSRl3HhkGgRioNtJDAtovjhCyrkJBJxz3mZkpDT