1 2 3
T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/11/15 3:30 p.m.

Ok, what is going on in Ohio and is there anyone still there? In the past week or so, my town has been overrun with people from the Buckeye state. They are easily identifiable not only by their Ohio plates, but for all the dumbass things they do as they drive aimlessly around obviously with no idea of where they are or where they are going. Not sure how they managed to get all the way to the southern coast of NC honestly. It seems that most of them should be circling around in the back of a Wal Mart parking lot just outside of Zanesville and it is doubtful that they have the wherewithal to make it out of their home state on their own. Are they being bussed down here and then reunited with the vehicles? Alien abduction? What is going on in Ohio? Did all the people leave the state or is some entity just shipping the dumbest ones down here?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
5/11/15 3:37 p.m.

I hope they don't migrate up here. We dont need a bunch of people driving 15 under the speed limit clogging up our crappy roads.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/11/15 3:39 p.m.

I know I am getting tired of 'interacting' with them every time I leave the house. I grew up on the Ohio river just across from Ohio, so I'm somewhat used to paying extra special attention to anyone with Ohio plates when they are outside of their own state, but I'm just not used to seeing them in such high concentrations this far from their natural habitat.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
5/11/15 4:15 p.m.

something something about more astronauts are from Ohio and what makes them leave the planet ... er something.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/15 4:31 p.m.

We get a migration from Ohio every year. They're more annoying than the geese.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/11/15 4:40 p.m.

They are probably trying to find their way to Florida ...

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
5/11/15 4:51 p.m.

well, at least the aren't invading our state right now. It sucks being sandwiched between Ohio and Illannoyed. BOTH state's haev some of the worst drivers. Why do they both ONLY drive in the far left lane? I don't mind the ones going 50 over the posted speed limit (of 70) as much as the ones going 11 under it.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/11/15 4:54 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/11/15 4:57 p.m.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/11/15 4:59 p.m.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/11/15 5:00 p.m.

http://gobacktoohio.com/

Cactus
Cactus New Reader
5/11/15 5:18 p.m.

I wish all the bad drivers would leave Ohio, you're only getting a small percentage of them.

Toyman01
5/11/15 5:29 p.m.

My wife is a wedding officiant. Being in Charleston, she does a lot of destination weddings. She just told me that probably 60% of her business is from Ohio. I guess as long as they pay the bills, they can come down and get married, as long as they don't forget where they live.

Maybe I need to convince her to charge them more.

Toyman01
5/11/15 5:31 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine wrote: http://gobacktoohio.com/

I'm not surprised that's here in Charleston.

Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
5/11/15 5:33 p.m.

Tropes like this are about as amusing as ones about airplane food.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/11/15 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

I'll be coming to your state in June, I am originally from Ohio and I will drive horribly just for you

octavious
octavious HalfDork
5/11/15 5:55 p.m.

I've been to Zanesville for work.

And not shocked in a good way...

Toyman01
5/11/15 5:57 p.m.

In reply to Nick_Comstock:

Sweet!! I'll look forward to blowing the horn at you.

I'm am, single-handedly, trying keep us off the "Most Courteous" list for 2015, or at least get us out of the top ten.

You thought that was a joke, but it wasn't.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/11/15 6:03 p.m.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
5/11/15 6:08 p.m.

Ohio is a great place to be from.

Adrift
Adrift Reader
5/11/15 6:09 p.m.

I can say that as a life long and current resident.

PS my daughter is in Oak Island right now. I hope it wasn't her. She isn't driving; she rode with a friend.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/11/15 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Adrift:

When people ask me where I'm from my standard answer is "Ohio, nothing good ever came from Ohio" then I stare at them uncomfortably until they walk away

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/11/15 6:18 p.m.

Help you out there RossD

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
5/11/15 6:19 p.m.
Adrift wrote: Ohio is a great place to be from.

notice he didn't leave it at "Ohio is a great place to be"

T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
5/11/15 6:50 p.m.

I was born in Columbus and lived a little south of there until 2nd grade then we moved. So, I suppose that makes me a buckeye myself. I like airplane food more than what seems like a thousand college students who must've recently been released from the ohio state university.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rU3kUacOLFGY4rb6V2FCqFDucGBHQhvtNGdS6PjfwlUD9q3DHzfO4kLW0guNjqBg