1 2 3
Adrift
Adrift Reader
5/12/15 5:57 p.m.
Nick_Comstock wrote: I'm from south west Ohio, we looked at all you north eastern Ohio guys as being from another country anyway.

I thought SW Ohio (particularly Cincy) considered themselves Northern Kentucky anyway. Heck, Kentucky owns our river!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/12/15 6:07 p.m.

At least it's not detroit.

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Dork
5/13/15 12:45 p.m.

In reply to mndsm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Dork
5/13/15 12:46 p.m.

I've been working a lot in SE Ohio lately. I'd rather move back to Southern WV than live in that area. Geesh.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/13/15 1:20 p.m.

In reply to ScreaminE:

Care to elaborate?

ScreaminE
ScreaminE Dork
5/13/15 2:49 p.m.

Just seems very rough/junky/depressing. I think a mobile dumpster service should drive through and clear off the mounds of garbage from the front porches. Even though a lot of jobs have came in that area (fracking, gasp!!!), it just seems dirt floor poor with almost nothing there and a lot of dead towns. Roads are a smidge better than PA at least, but I just get this overwhelming sense of depression when I'm in that area. Haven't interacted with the locals much there besides a few Amish people that were terribly nice and willing to chit chat.

I would never move back to my home town in Southern WV, trust me it's just as bad probably worse. I haven't been there in over 10 years for good reason, but at least that's "home."

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
5/14/15 8:57 a.m.

I created this thread in jest based on seeing so many Ohio cars all of a sudden. Now one of the young men from Columbus has died. The take away is to not go swimming in the ocean in the remnants of a tropical storm. That is a a sucky way to end ones vacation. Now I wish I hadn't created this thread at all. RIP Edward Webber.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OMXJe6Dcc8AOuOEhANxUHh0XiBjXav6pYvcmjD6CWwkEJVbkLwP80T56Qa8WjK1y