1 ... 7 8 9
bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/21/13 10:48 a.m.

I just noticed that this topic has exactly 200 posts...Oh wait....Never mind.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
2/24/13 4:35 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Lap One:

Nope! Ran in the top ten pretty much all day. Didn't screw anything up. Solid top 10 finish. She did a great job!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/24/13 4:48 p.m.

Announcer was a Bob Costas. "Drivers and Danica"?

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
2/24/13 4:48 p.m.

Sucks that the last lap battling cost her 5 spots. She was on the podium for a long time. I don't like her...or nascar for that matter, but I would've loved to see a chick win. Anybody but that toothy berkeleying Kyle Brozlofski dork is good I suppose.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
2/24/13 4:53 p.m.

She coulda made her move going into turn 3, Guess she didn't have the kahonies to do it though. I think her primary objective was to finish, mission accomplished.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/24/13 5:17 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Lap One:
Nope! Ran in the top ten pretty much all day. Didn't screw anything up. Solid top 10 finish. She did a great job!

Damn. Guess I'm not psychic.

She did damn good. Wish my Roush Fenway guys did a little better. I think TRD has some splanin' to do.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance UltraDork
2/24/13 5:29 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Well if there wasn't a Ford pile up that collected Edwards, stenhouse, baine, and a host of other ford drivers, that would have been nice.

As stated before, Danica can drive, it's the shiny happy people around her that are the cause of wrecks. The majority of the race she was top 5.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/24/13 5:32 p.m.

Yea, now how about those blown up Toyo engines?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
2/24/13 6:22 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Announcer was a Bob Costas. "Drivers and Danica"?

He clearly had "Gentlemen, start your engines" on the brain. However, there were some male drivers there whose status as gentlemen is debatable too. Still, quite a WTF; Saturday's announcer didn't make the same gaff.

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/24/13 6:27 p.m.

What are all the Danica haters gonna do now?

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
2/24/13 6:44 p.m.

she said something about a train in her post race interview that caught my attention..

turbojunker
turbojunker HalfDork
2/24/13 6:54 p.m.
vwcorvette wrote: What are all the Danica haters gonna do now?

Enjoy the non restrictor plate races where she has had trouble before.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
2/24/13 6:56 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: she said something about a train in her post race interview that caught my attention..

Funny how certain... words catch our attention.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/25/13 11:39 a.m.
John Force said: I get that Danica got the pole is a big deal, but it is not like she delivered the baby Jesus

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/articles/20130223courtney-force-gets-win-danica-patrick-gets-press.html?nclick_check=1

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/25/13 11:44 a.m.

A woman ahead of me was talking about how Danica wouldn't get anywhere if she had to rely on her talent. She didn't see why I thought the comment odd coming from someone wearing a Junior jacket.

cwh
cwh PowerDork
2/25/13 11:51 a.m.

You should have put her in the wall.

ChrisR
ChrisR New Reader
2/25/13 1:15 p.m.

Ironic words from John Force. Considering all the hype around his girls. If he wasn't the one giving his daughters free rides would they get anywhere on their own? They've won some races, but they're on the best team in drag racing so it's not surprising.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
2/25/13 3:17 p.m.
ChrisR wrote: Ironic words from John Force. Considering all the hype around his girls. If he wasn't the one giving his daughters free rides would they get anywhere on their own? They've won some races, but they're on the best team in drag racing so it's not surprising.

You make a compelling point. He's right, but sure, his daughters certainly had the easiest time of just about any driver.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
2/25/13 3:42 p.m.

So, how many more "poles" will Danica be on just this year?

1 ... 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5N7mLuBoDlVqfMPDE6kIrtaiQkoK5wU143oFqJ7AtSKxfpnjAoitXhRDET0tjt4a