tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
9/24/23 9:09 a.m.

I just finished using scrap wood from my demolished garage table thing to make a usable workbench. The original was 4x8, maybe because the guy didn't want to cut plywood. The top was 1/8" plywood and the rest was about that sturdy. It was monumentally huge and you couldn't reach the other side. I built this thing as a replacement. I already have a good steel wheeled bench I use (right now the truck bed is on it) so this was more for general use and wood than mechanic stuff. I made it with endgrain and then a perimeter of 2*4, and 4*4 legs. 

Anyway here's the question. It has two beams at the bottom as a shelf. I think I want to add a middle shelf, but a pull out variety. Someone like IKEA would sell for your kitchen cabinet, but strong and hung from the top. Maybe a shelf, maybe a wire rack. I think two or three work. What say the hive?

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
9/24/23 9:13 a.m.

Full extension drawer slides - pay attention to weight capacity.  Some are beefy but others not so much.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/24/23 11:59 a.m.

Do you need full extension?  If not, I'd just make removable "drawers" that sit on wood rails with a stop/detent at the back.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OvreEOtD03QNZuKZS311wEHlLwq79073jbgBuUjDMQUnWMJZOSycA4DsvtlGZP1v