Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/1/20 12:39 p.m.

A family friend (who manages an estate-sale company) gave us a bunch of vintage Zoomer Boomer toys a few years ago.   I know there are a few vintage toy collectors on here...does anyone know about these or want them? I've been doing some serious garage cleaning and need more space.  I've sold lots of household stuff, E30 stuff and sporting goods stuff so far...and using the $$ to convert a part of hte garage into an office. I've also donated two vanloads of things to a local charity.

I have 5 vehicles, most are in really nice shape.   Ebay values seem to range between $10 to $20 each vehicle.  I also have the power loader (one of which recently sold on ebay for $80). I don't have a motor.  I have the boxes and most of the instructions.  Unfortunately, the geckos that are in my garage chewed up some of the boxes (or they came pre-chewed).

I posted the lot of it locally (NE FL) for $60.  Does anyone on here have any interest in these?  Should I be asking less/more for these?  I'm willing to ship, so let me know if you have any interest in these.  Feel free to send me a PM if you want them.  

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
12/1/20 1:08 p.m.

No idea what they are but they look cool. Anyone care to explain the gimmick of how these worked?

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/1/20 1:51 p.m.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/1/20 2:17 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

No idea what they are but they look cool. Anyone care to explain the gimmick of how these worked?

I'm pretty sure they use a modular "motor" that's some sort of spring.  The power loader tool is probably used to wind up the spring/motor.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/20 2:18 p.m.

Kinda like an early burnin' key car?

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
12/1/20 7:21 p.m.

Javelin needs these for his YouTube show. 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/1/20 8:25 p.m.

Wow.  Never heard of 'em.  When were they sold new?

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
12/2/20 7:47 a.m.

If I wasn't hibernating thanks to the 'Rona I'd go to my local vintage toy store and see if he was interested.  I've never seen these before.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/2/20 8:26 a.m.

Saw title and wondered if this would be a comparison of '00s and '60s toys cheeky

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
12/2/20 10:06 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Saw title and wondered if this would be a comparison of '00s and '60s toys cheeky

I was trying to research for this and realized "zoomer" is a term for generation Z'ers. I'd never heard this before.

I think these are from the 70s, but I'll have to look to see if there are any dates on the boxes.  I do have a local toy shop, so I may stop in and have them take a look.  The shop does seem to specialize in star wars, TMNT, etc.  

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
12/2/20 10:27 a.m.

If we can take the word of ebayers selling these things, they seem to date to right around 1970, which feels about right.

Funny thing is, that's right around the time I was a kid interested in such things.  I had Matchbox cars, Hot Wheels bought right at their introduction, and Johnny Lightning.  Never heard of Zoomer Boomers, never saw commercials for them that I can recall.  Maybe they were somewhat regional? 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mcrQalzy3fHSTfa7rweUZLVz5oiNYOckwZNVKwdFy7e8Ql8ScyYRDkP3txPwGiFL