Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/16 4:36 p.m.

Not mine, etc...

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5475311457.html

here we have what was once a killer street car. this 1966 corvair coupe was born as a 110 Monza 4 speed with factory air and telescopic steering column. it still has the air stuff under the dash not hooked up obviously and still has the very rare telescopic steering column. Now it has a crown engineering mid engine v8 conversion done to it. now the car itself has rust in all the normal corvair areas. my initial plan was to save money buy buying a nice driving corvair selling the corvair specific parts and installing the crown kit in the new car. now by all means the car itself is fixable if you can weld I just don't like paint and body work so I figured that was my easiest way out of it. the motor is a 67 or 69 Camaro 350 block with camel hump heads and a 4 barrel aluminum intake. the carb that was on it needs to be rebuilt. when I bought the car 2 years ago I had the motor running with a spare carb I had and it ran good with no smoke or knocks. it was supposedly rebuilt which I believe after pulling the rockers and seeing how clean everything is and was set for 375 horse but that I have no way of telling. I have a bunch of original crown paperwork from when the car was built. this is a project no it doesn't run and drive the last time it was on the road was 1991. I bought the car with the intentions of building a nice v8vair but I haven't gotten to it yet so I figured I would offer it up here and see if someone else was willing to take it on, but if the money isn't right I will have no issue keeping it until I do get to it. these are very hard to find and will be a total hit at the car shows when done. I have a clean nys transferable reg in hand.

asking 3500

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/10/16 8:38 p.m.

Price seems high, but I'll bet it sells for challenge money in the end.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/11/16 1:06 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

Possibly. Corvair people are cheap as berkeley. And that's a lot of money for a rusty and non-running car.

nealbell193
nealbell193 New Reader
3/11/16 4:12 p.m.

That looks mighty rough.

FYI I have the entire Crown installation instructions because I built a Corv-8 in my garage for $3500 -- of course that was 1973 dollars

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ueUZH2E6awGrBSuov1l2JODeuTShHj8Bh9N9WEqfBkUgVlYTKNT5AwxFLg4uuyKU