hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/2/18 1:01 a.m.

119k miles, well driven & maintained, owned for last 24 years, some mods but have all the OEM parts, lots and lots of extras, $49,000 or trade for ALFA 4C, Exige/Elise, Viper GTS, or ?

Henry

805-813-0508

hanknum@yahoo.com

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/2/18 7:21 a.m.

R63? CTS-V Wagon 6spd? I've always wanted a Ferrari......

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/2/18 9:06 a.m.

Waaaaay out of my range, but pictures may entice someone on the fence.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/18 10:03 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I'm trying to picture you with a Magnum PI stache...

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/2/18 1:59 p.m.

Thanks guys, here are some more details on the car...

Here's a link to when the Stig drove it in an episode of Top Gear America last year against my friends electric 308...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjY44HZtM7ZAhUlrVkKHc8kDp8QtwIIPTAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dkghb97cK6bw&usg=AOvVaw0MWZYfvooM77OAX3cr8aiW

If the link doesn't work just google "top gear america ferraris head to head"

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/2/18 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I have quit shaving and am currently shopping for Hawaiian shirts and a Detriot Tigers hat, just in case. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/3/18 6:27 p.m.

I’ve always liked those.  Would love to have one to park by the 360,  but two Ferraris and 2 v12 Mercedes might finally push me over the edge of sanity.smiley

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/18 6:45 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

How can you be sure it's not your future with Fergus that pushes you over the edge?  I think you should sit back and let Mazdeuce's trade bait offer ferment a bit.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
3/3/18 7:33 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

The wagon won’t be a problem.  Working on an American classic is like a nice relaxing break compared to some of the newer complicated stuff I have.  I do hope Mazdadeuce gets the 308 though because I’d love to check it out when I pick up Fergus.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/20/18 10:30 p.m.

Hi Guys,

Sorry, been real busy.  Thanks for the offer Seth, if I hadn't bought the ML550, that R63 would be pretty darn tempting.  Here's a couple more pics...

BenLikesCars
BenLikesCars New Reader
3/21/18 4:19 a.m.

Any time a Ferrari shows up in nice condition with six-digit mileage, I feel positive things.

I don't have fifty thousand, but if I did have fifty thousand set for a car, I would like to think I would have noticed and bought this car before blowing the money on something else.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/21/18 6:20 a.m.

Isn’t that a GTB in the photos?

Woody
3/21/18 7:34 a.m.

Is that one of the early fiberglass bodies or is it steel?

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
3/21/18 6:53 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

You can see the seam for the top.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/21/18 7:10 p.m.

Awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a Ferrari with over 100K miles. 

Woody
3/21/18 9:10 p.m.
markwemple said:

In reply to Woody :

You can see the seam for the top.

D'oh! You're right. I don't think I've ever seen a GTS with a top in any color other than black. I wonder if that's a factory top or maybe a Saratoga top that's been painted.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/22/18 12:32 a.m.
BenLikesCars said:

Any time a Ferrari shows up in nice condition with six-digit mileage, I feel positive things.

I don't have fifty thousand, but if I did have fifty thousand set for a car, I would like to think I would have noticed and bought this car before blowing the money on something else.

Thanks Ben.  I definitely bought this car to drive/enjoy, not to stare at....119k (s)miles.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/22/18 12:34 a.m.
Woody said:

Is that one of the early fiberglass bodies or is it steel?

I wish.  If it were a glass car, you could add another $100k.smiley

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/22/18 12:40 a.m.

Good catch on the seam Mark.  I bought a spare top and had it smoothed and painted.  I then also bought some extra window louvers and modified them to look like the GTB...those don't cover the window completely.  Saratoga tops are rare and pricey...about $2k.  Never wanted one though, the tinted top heated up the cabin on a sunny day.

Thanks Ian, I have definitely enjoyed all those miles.

Woody
3/22/18 6:58 a.m.

Nice car! I was completely fooled by the roof and louvers.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
3/23/18 4:00 p.m.
Woody said:

Nice car! I was completely fooled by the roof and louvers.

Thanks Woody...I'll take that as a complimentsmiley.

markwemple
markwemple UberDork
3/23/18 4:15 p.m.

In reply to hanknum :

And half the reliability. The early 308s were very unreliable. Later ones were probably the first Ferrari DDs. So with I had the cash. All my cars combined probably aren't enough for a trade. 

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/1/18 10:16 p.m.
markwemple said:

In reply to hanknum :

And half the reliability. The early 308s were very unreliable. Later ones were probably the first Ferrari DDs. So with I had the cash. All my cars combined probably aren't enough for a trade. 

Actually, the carb'd ones weren't too bad.  The QV's (4 valves & injected) were definitely better though.  I knew a guy who had a 246 Dino that he daily drove to almost 200k.  As long as they are maintained properly and problems addressed immediately.

Thanks to all for the kind words and Happy Easter.

Still available...

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/2/18 6:53 a.m.

My understanding is if used for what they were intended to be - you know - a CAR - then older Ferraris can be pretty reliable.  Maintenance intensive, perhaps, but generally reliable. When they get turned into occasional use toys the long periods of sitting kills them.  While this is true of most cars, Ferraris seems to actually break due to lack of use.

hanknum
hanknum New Reader
4/4/18 4:19 p.m.
Ian F said:

My understanding is if used for what they were intended to be - you know - a CAR - then older Ferraris can be pretty reliable.  Maintenance intensive, perhaps, but generally reliable. When they get turned into occasional use toys the long periods of sitting kills them.  While this is true of most cars, Ferraris seems to actually break due to lack of use.

Can't agree with you more Ian yes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GIcSFc7ww7Mk2tXgLV0DaLC2rJohbPmzakS4k8RfmjZWuUxRgmd7NekY9cben4K4