Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/22/18 10:36 a.m.

It absolutely pains me to list this. I'm currently in a situation where selling it is the proper thing to do. I've been keeping an eye out for land for sale, so I can build a custom home. The ideal plot of land came up for sale, and I made a move and purchased it. The next step will be having a custom home built on this site, which is going to leave me with zero time to enjoy this. I would much rather see someone put this to use, as many months and a lot of money was spent putting this together. 

The only thing I would trade for, would for a clean SVT Focus and a good amount of cash on your end, or an upright style motorcycle. I have a family member looking for both, and would be willing to work a deal if it makes someone's life easier who doesn't have all the cash. 

Clean title 85 Xr4ti. Currently registered, insured, and street legal. I purchased this as a rolling shell, and have poured way more money into it than the price listed for sale. 

- 1995 Cobra 302 5.0 engine. 97k miles on the motor. Ford Racing b303 cam that’s been micro polished. Upgraded springs. Heads have a high temp Teflon coating, that is used by NASCAR teams. The motor has been re-Gasketed, along with a new water pump, and timing chain. 

- Rebuilt/built T5 Ford motorsports z transmission with custom driveshaft, upgraded shifter. 

- Steeda cable and quadrant. 

- T5 mount, Jim d motor mounts. 

- Brand new Ram clutch kit with Ford TOB

- Brand new Ram billet flywheel

- Ford Racing bellhousing,clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, etc new bolts were all used. 

- Massive new SVE cobra aluminum radiator, stainless overflow catch. 180 Termostat. Spal fan, with proper link fuse. Comes on at 180 automatically. 

- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. Walbro 155 fuel pump.

- AN fittings/braided lines from stock lines to carb. 

- Edelbrock torker intake manifold with Holley 650dp carb, and edelbrock filter assembly. Carb and intake manifold are high temp teflon coated. 

- New Gm HEI distributor setup, ford racing wires. 

- DG 8.8 setup with Ford Racing 4:10 gears, Aluminum housing, Torsen limited slip, Custom 4140 halfshafts, heat treated, and ryo treated CV joints, Porsche 100mm. Custom catch can/breather for rear diff. 

Custom side exhaust with billet muffler. Sounds wonderful. 

- Tubular front end 

- Ford Motrosports of Europe adjustable struts, spax adjustable rear. ground-control coilovers and ground control camber plates. Group N Strut and rear beam bushings with polyurethane everywhere else. 

- Sierra wagon sway bars. (Largest bars available)

- New Rapido steering bushings. 

- Quick steering rack. Custom power steering lines, with cooler and 95 Cobra power steering pump.

- Cosworth headlights 

- Cosworth style grill.

- Uncracked dash

- VW front bumper with aero dam

- Custom carbon fiber hood 

- Sparco seat with adjustable rail. G force harness with mounting kit. Belt is currently not mounted. 

-4PT cage, very nicely made. Lead Fabricator at a well known NASCAR shop did the cage. 

- Aftermarket steering wheel

- Programmable shift light 

- Auto meter oil and coolant gauges 

- Electric and fuel cut off switches. 

- Brand new optima blue top battery in the truck, mounted in a battery box. 

- $1,000 rare Saleen mesh 16in wheels 

- ARP wheel studs 

- Brake bias controller 

- Fenders have been rolled, along with some sheet metal from the front fenders to fit larger tires. It’s ran 245/50/16 slicks in the past. 

- larger brake booster. 

- Svt focus/contour rotors. Gti calipers,stainless lines, Spare used rotors, along with spare pads. Big $ carbon tech along with ebc. I also have brand new SVT Focus rotors in box, along with two new bottles of high temp brake fluid. 

- Ford racing valve covers with two Ford Racing breathers.

I’m sure there’s more, and I will add as I think of things. This was built with track days/mountain cruising in mind. I've been breaking in the clutch when I've had spare freetime, and the car is a joy to drive. It's obviously loud, etc, but that is what you expect with a vehicle of this nature. 

The car currently has the side cladding off, as I've been waiting for my painters schedule to free up. Probably a good thing he’s been busy, and I didn’t put more more into something I would have to sell. A full set of cladding is included in the sale, also the factory dual plane rear wing is also included. If you’re wanting a show car, it will obviously need to be painted  it has a few dents, scrapes, etc. if you could careless, tossing the factory side cladding back on, it would have a nice patina  I was going to have it resprayed in a group a style paint livery  

Some photos below are when the previous owner had it, to show what it would look like with the cladding on. Again, this was purchased as a roller and was previously running a 2.3 setup. I can send photos of it running, and driving, etc. 

$7,600 Located 30 mins outside of Charlotte, NC. Willing to ship at buyers expense. 

gimpstang
gimpstang Reader
3/22/18 5:20 p.m.

:drool    yes

MINIzguy
MINIzguy HalfDork
3/22/18 6:51 p.m.

I saw this on CL last night, my friends sends me the CL link today, and now I find it on this forum... is it a sign from the Gods?

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/22/18 7:14 p.m.

So cool. 

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/22/18 7:17 p.m.
MINIzguy said:

I saw this on CL last night, my friends sends me the CL link today, and now I find it on this forum... is it a sign from the Gods?

Yep  

Time to buy :)

Cactus
Cactus Reader
3/24/18 10:53 a.m.

Does a 1999 BMW F650 count as an upright motorcycle?

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/24/18 1:11 p.m.
Cactus said:

Does a 1999 BMW F650 count as an upright motorcycle?

Yes, that’s exactly what’s in the wheelhouse. 

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/25/18 12:16 p.m.

Current engine photo 

BenLikesCars
BenLikesCars New Reader
3/25/18 4:46 p.m.

South Africa called, it says "Nice ride!" http://www.africanmusclecars.com/index.php/ford/sierra-xr8

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/25/18 5:06 p.m.
BenLikesCars said:

South Africa called, it says "Nice ride!" http://www.africanmusclecars.com/index.php/ford/sierra-xr8

Those are super cool, and obviously the whole inspiration. Only 250 of those, and they have a pretty basic 5.0 setup. Still cost over 20k, when they pop up for sale. Best slice of history though!

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/26/18 11:22 a.m.

Wow, really done well. Good luck with the sale!

Shawnb
Shawnb New Reader
3/26/18 1:39 p.m.
Floating Doc said:

Wow, really done well. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, it made bring a trailer last night. Cool to login and see my car featured. Second one of my vehicles to have had that happen with. 

johndej
johndej HalfDork
3/26/18 7:42 p.m.

I remember this car in it's turbo form in Richmond, it was quick.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/27/18 7:35 a.m.

That engine compartment looks factory. Well done!!!

Shawnb
Shawnb Reader
3/27/18 11:49 a.m.
dean1484 said:

That engine compartment looks factory. Well done!!!

Thanks. 

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/14/18 4:55 p.m.

Well Done Conversion

May we have current pictures to tneil6777  yahoo

Thank you

RacingComputers
4/15/18 4:01 p.m.

Still interested

decafe
decafe New Reader
4/20/18 8:44 a.m.

Could you also send current pics. Intrested  and heading down to  towards va next weekend

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/21/18 11:38 a.m.

I am in Charlotte

When may I see the car?

Thanks

RacingComputers
4/21/18 8:44 p.m.

You have mail

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/27/22 1:29 p.m.

It pains me to know this exists at such a great price and I do not have room for it.  Someone is going to get an amazing deal.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LgKlEHfrVTkgf3lnPIrkwb3DIPl1Yve4Bg5lgm5pJ4hOR54K4EbbKItj6BPoDMIE