Jah29
Jah29 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/10/18 1:16 p.m.

2001 Integra type R, black, 92,000 miles, $11000, Leesburg, VA

Purchased the car several years ago.  It needed some work, and I’ve done a lot, but now I’ve lost interest.  Car runs.  I drive it around with no problems.  

I have worked on the suspension and chassis, because that is my favorite part of car work.  All new bushings and engine mounts.  All rubber was replaced with Mugen hard rubber and some suspension bushings were replaced with kingpin machine and PCI.  Currently has Eibach R2 double adjustable coilovers and ASR rear swaybar.  All new arms and bolts, so no rust underneath anywhere to deal with.

I have not worked on the engine, so that is why I am calling it a project car.  I replaced the clutch and changed all the fluids, but have not done any investigating of the engine.  I haven’t had the oil tested to see if there is any engine damage from the previous owner.  I have all the parts(OEM Honda) for a timing belt/water pump/seals service which is due right now.  Engine has an occasional high idle, which I replaced the IACV to attempt to fix.  still there.

thinks I have done:

Custom alcantara wrapped OEM steering wheel with airbag

new Eibach R2 coilovers (less than 500 miles on them)

new Kingpin Machine control arms and bolts

Installed asr adjustable rear swaybar

new clutch

new honda rebuilt calipers and rotors

new brake MC

lots of new clips and brackets

new engine mounts

polished and sealed faded headlights.

hours of interior work fixing stuff

hours of paintless dent repair

removed horrible window tint

things you will need to do:

timing belt (right away)

sort high idle (maybe timing belt fixes this)

alignment

shock adjustments

bleed brakes better(Car stops fantastically, but needs some more air out of the system before track work.)

buy a radio

find a leak in the AC system (compressor is good- blew cold air for 3 days when freon was recharged)

drive the hell out of it.

Some bad:

car has rust in both rear quarter panel fender lips.  Visible on the passenger side, inside the wheel well on drivers.

found evidence of accident repair on drivers corner when I pulled the bumper cover.  Looks to be a good repair.

No radio.  (speakers still there)

Spares

ITR JDM seats and required center console

original suspension (probably has 30-40k on it)

lots of bolts and clips

ITR floor mats

Standard integra floor mats

bnib skunk2 pro upper front control arms

bnib hardrace control arms

two spare steering wheels

Has been a very fun car to get working.  And it is a great drive.  I would like to tryout something else now.  I think I have priced it fairly when you consider the coilovers, the Kingpin arms, the JDM seats, and the spares.

thanks, justin 

jahughes@mindspring.com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yFlDX2WNPkBDnpiL5uLk26UwwNIXYxldkQExcaYgKElA02TuT8lIbvZL0orVOsz6