dlmater
dlmater GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/30/14 9:22 p.m.

For sale is a late 90’s Craftsman NASCAR Ford F-150 truck rolling chassis. The chassis was built by Hutcherson-Pagan, a very well-known NASCAR chassis builder at that time. The truck was originally built for Thee Dixon, Mansion Motorsports, one of the first African-American NASCAR team owners. I researched the racing history through former employees of HP and drivers for Dixon. This chassis appears to have been a back-up truck and was only used a few times for qualifying attempts.

I purchased the truck from a driving/track instructor that had used it for his weekend track rat. The chassis is currently setup for road courses. I had intended to use it for land speed racing, but for various reasons, have decided to pursue other projects.

There is no engine, transmission, or radiator. All the suspension components including PRO shocks, big Wilwood brakes, etc. are on the truck. It has the power steering box and power steering pump. I have a driveshaft as well. I have a couple extra shocks and springs.

It has a NASCAR spec fuel cell with dry-break filler. I do not know the date on the internal bladder, but there are no leaks.

NASCAR Ford 9” rear with diff cooler and pump, 4.11 gears. Dry sump oil tank is still in truck as well. A 5 pound fire bottle system is on the truck, but the bottle is out of date.

Full containment seat with recently purchased 5 point harness. The seat could use a new cover. All gauges are still in the car. The ignition boxes have been removed. Brake and clutch master cylinders are still on the truck as well. Quick disconnect steering wheel and Quick Car ignition panel.

Included in the sale are two additional sets of Aero wheels and 40 Goodyear and Hoosier race slicks with various levels of tread left. The tires have been stored indoors in a conditioned basement.

$3500 cash. I no longer have a car hauler so the purchaser will need to pick it up in the Richmond, VA area.

More Pictures

dlmater
9/12/14 6:22 p.m.

Price drop to $3000.

nderwater
nderwater PowerDork
9/13/14 9:36 a.m.

Wow, that's a heck of a lot of race car for the money. good luck with the sale.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
9/13/14 1:58 p.m.

Ah man, that has a lot of interest.

obxninja
obxninja New Reader
9/14/14 9:39 p.m.

This is a great deal for somebody!!!

fastoldfart
fastoldfart New Reader
9/16/14 2:35 a.m.

This would definitely be heading towards my garage if it wasn't on the other side of continent!

TAParker
TAParker Reader
9/19/14 11:24 a.m.

Hmmmmmm.......more pics please

etifosi
etifosi Reader
9/19/14 12:15 p.m.

I see a couple of these run at Giant's Despair Hillclimb & at Weatherly. They are terribly frightening to see & hear them attack the hill. I love them.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/19/14 3:43 p.m.

Cool, but I am way under qualified to use it to it's potential.

dlmater
9/19/14 7:38 p.m.

In reply to TAParker:

I added a few more pictures.

Additional Pictures

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/19/14 9:30 p.m.

One of these days something will be less than several thousand miles away and my roommate will be so pissed I bought another vehicle.
But not today.
GLWS!

chief8one
chief8one New Reader
9/23/14 1:04 a.m.

how much does this weigh?

dlmater
9/23/14 8:58 a.m.
chief8one wrote: how much does this weigh?

I have not had this chassis on scales. I believe though in full race trim (with drivetrain, fluids, fuel, etc. but no driver) these trucks weighed around 3400 pounds.

fastoldfart
fastoldfart New Reader
9/23/14 11:20 p.m.

I so need this !!!

Too bad the best quote I've got on uship is $4500

dlmater
9/24/14 8:14 p.m.

Truck sold locally. Thanks for the interest.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i2t8vkIHZKOGK7IKkwEQgKLRW1RA0ktVUazgMzZ7NI8d8hyfgVUjl96orow2Ru9P