Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/11/24 11:59 a.m.

I ended up with literally "a ton" (or more) of MIG and TIG Aluminum filler when buying a bulk lot of "stuff" from a machine shop

TIG is mostly unopened 60lb boxes of R5356 in a mix of 1/8" and 3/32". Have 25+ 60lb boxes. 

MIG is mostly 15lb spools with some 20lb spools mixed in of ER4043 in 3/64". Not sure how many boxes I have of that. A bunch. 

Located SE VA. Make an offer on the whole lot for pennies on the dollar, or onesie/twosie stuff at a few more pennies on the dollar. As I recall we paid 50% of invoice, which was shockingly high, at least to me.

Or trade me "car stuff". 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/11/24 12:37 p.m.

If it can somehow get down south, I'll take a couple boxes.  GRM Express?  Wait for Challenge?

No need soon, but i have plans.

gsettle
gsettle Reader
9/11/24 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Spearfishin :

How far are you from Virginia Beach?

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/11/24 5:32 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

If it can somehow get down south, I'll take a couple boxes.  GRM Express?  Wait for Challenge?

TIG, MIG, or both? I've shipped a box of MIG and think shipping was like $15 (but that's going from memory). 

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/11/24 5:33 p.m.
gsettle said:

In reply to Spearfishin :

How far are you from Virginia Beach?

If interested in whole shooting match, 45 minutes from VB to my house. If you want to meet for a box or three, I drive through VB every weekday. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/12/24 3:28 p.m.
Spearfishin said:
Mr_Asa said:

TIG, MIG, or both? I've shipped a box of MIG and think shipping was like $15 (but that's going from memory). 

TIG

One of each diameter you have? (Looks like you have 1/8 and 3/32nd?)

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/12/24 4:13 p.m.

Correct. There's (6) 10lb boxes per 60lb box in the TIG. Have multiple 60lb boxes of each diameter.

Docwemple
Docwemple Dork
9/12/24 6:57 p.m.

I could use the mig wire, but my life is crazy. If anyone is heading down and will come back through the DC region,  please let me know 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
9/12/24 8:56 p.m.
Spearfishin said:

Correct. There's (6) 10lb boxes per 60lb box in the TIG. Have multiple 60lb boxes of each diameter.

No clue what price to ask, but you have a PM

Spearfishin
Spearfishin HalfDork
9/13/24 3:29 a.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Spearfishin said:

No clue what price to ask, but you have a PM

Replied, though I checked email and then checked this thread, so didn't realize who I was replying to (so now I know - not local).

Happy to figure out getting it to you via handing off to someone along the way. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1tjS0ve6qDGAnPc7WIlShuPw8kheNxCowrVZEo4DrWMbvL0cdBE3Xl1TksZdCCRR