MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
4/16/24 3:00 p.m.

Well . . . time seems to have taken it's toll with my body and energy. I had once hoped to build an MGA out of "table scraps," but that's not ever happening. In reading through some of the Challenge posts, a small handful were wondering what might make for an interesting or unique entry next year.

I have some stuff in the backyard that might suffice. 

I have a rear body clip, two rear fenders, front body clip that has the fenders bonded on for a possible one-piece flip nose, two aluminum doors, an aluminum hood, and an aluminum trunk lid. All for a 1962 MGA. These are rough, and the $200 asking price reflects the condition. Might be something that can be thrown together onto a donor chassis and made into something pretty cool and vintage looking.

Located in Kingston, MA 02364.

Thanks—

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/24 3:20 p.m.

Do you have any pictures? I'm a LONG way away (Chicago area), but this is tempting.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/16/24 3:26 p.m.

I think I remember you offering this before. Something about a SBF being involved?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/16/24 3:38 p.m.

This is the exact opportunity I am looking for and I love MGAs. Shame about the border and 1000km distance.

No idea how you would need to paper such a pile of parts to get it over the border. 

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia UberDork
4/16/24 5:01 p.m.

way too far away , wish it was this side of the country :(

rdcyclist
rdcyclist GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/16/24 8:36 p.m.

Photos would be useful. Very useful...

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
4/17/24 8:10 a.m.

I'll arrange all of the pieces into the rough shape of an MGA and get some photos over the weekend if the weather holds.

MuSTANK
MuSTANK Reader
4/18/24 1:10 p.m.

Just now sold all of the stuff along with a convertible top and frame, lights, and some additional trim pieces as a "package." 

Thanks !

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uSIu3FhZ0q6yt6QqOplzCOTFVchca7l3r4nFoOFirkwzL0WStTYmV26ZOOTyEYy2