lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/27/20 8:54 a.m.

Hey gang, I ran into a bit of a problem with my skidsteer and was wondering if anyone here could help. I sprung a leak on my John Deere 270 skidsteer where a rubber plug has deteriorated over time. It's on the emergency brake and unfortunately the dealer does not sell the seal separately, only with the whole $400 assembly. It's just a small rubber seal that goes into sheet metal, no pressure in that area, just some fluid. I looked at a Miata and S2000 carcass lying out back but neither one has an 18mm plug anywhere on the unibody. Anybody have an old car with plugs still installed that might be 18mm? I've tried the local auto parts stores to no avail, so I'm reaching out here. The hole is 0.715" or 18mm. I tried a 19mm/3/4" plug but it did not work. The backside needs to be very shallow, that's where some of the problem comes into play. If there were more room, I could probably work a 3/4" plug into place.

If someone has a few, I will gladly pay you for the plugs, your time and shipping to get them to me.

This is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,

Dan

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/27/20 8:59 a.m.

Does McMaster Carr have it? They're usually great about that kind of stuff:

https://www.mcmaster.com/plugs

8/27/20 9:34 a.m.

I've tried McMaster-Carr, Grainger, Fastenal an the usual auto supply suspects. There is mention of Nissan and Mazda 3 plugs online. The interwebs search continues........

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/27/20 9:40 a.m.

jfryjfry (Forum Supporter)
jfryjfry (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/27/20 9:42 a.m.

Can you drill it out to the 19mm?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/20 10:34 a.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/27/20 10:40 a.m.

How about 3/4" and squeeze it in?

8/27/20 8:26 p.m.

I tried 3 different 3/4" ones and they were all too thick on the inside. Not enough room to shove it in and manipulate it into position. 

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/27/20 8:58 p.m.

Does this work?

Honda PN 95550-18000

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UZPUizVecGHI13eInTEEli2pRlhK1uxPmNTAaSFoYUZbt7dy3z6ikGHgRBcfrGVy