Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
5/30/24 1:21 p.m.

I just got to the GTI project article in the latest issue, and saw the ODBeleven unit.  Turning off ESC by software sounds wonderful.

I looked up the website but it's vague on EXACTLY what you can do and to what vehicle.  It covers Toyota, I saw both generations of 86 are included so theorectically my '14 BRZ should work?

I'd love to have more control, and simple control, over turning on/off ESC/traction control at autocrosses.  I have no interest in the "peddle dance", especially if I turn the car off between runs (depends on car count and time between runs).  I've gotten better at remembering to at least hold down the one button to turn off at least part of it (can't remember which button at the moment).

If anyone knows if this would help there I'd buy one.  I already have a simple ODBII Bluetooth and Torque app.

https://obdeleven.com/

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/30/24 2:18 p.m.

At a glance it looks like Carly. Uses vary depending on the car manufacturer. If your car allows things to be adjusted I would think it would work fine. Maybe price compare this and Carly. 

DasAuto
DasAuto GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/24 8:51 a.m.

It's fantastic for VAG products. They have basically jailbroken everything VW/Audi.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Publisher
5/31/24 10:11 a.m.

Yeah, it depends on the exact year/make/model. On my Mk7, you can do whatever you want. On my Cayman, it says "Sorry I don't speak Porsche" despite the two cars clearly sharing a ton of electronic DNA. Your best bet is to probably email them or find somebody with your exact car who's used it. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/31/24 12:48 p.m.

I bought OBDeleven for my MK7 GTI and it ruled. There was so much stuff it could do, coding from a smartphone without resorting to VAG-COM was incredible. It was a godsend.

My understanding was always that it was for VAG products only though, and I have the earlier generation white dongle.

If they have expanded availability I would check to see what exactly it is capable of on other platforms to make sure it isn't just a glorified Torque App kind of thing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e5ZvR85oSRyNIpsogmk3VaMaq6YytmUp4iBeEw9gavcwt3ezXUSHgOphx3HffosV