1 2
03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/9/24 12:06 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I just started switching to the m12 system, as my previous system starts failing. 
My full size 1/2" impact might have gotten left in the grass where I used it this evening crying

If it's not still there when I go look in am, I'll look harder at the stubby. 
is yours 3/8 or 1/2"?

I don't have the money to invest in the M18, but I'd like the strongest M12 I can get. 
Or, might have to go with something cheaper. 
might have to go with cheap, if the strongest m12 gives me sticker shock surprise

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/24 8:02 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I have the 1/2". 

You can pick them up for about $160 for the bare tool with no batteries. 

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/9/24 11:35 a.m.

Fortunately, my 1/2 big boy, was sitting right where I left it! 
I'll probably still look into the 3/8... at 550 it's should do 70% of my needs, and just break out the 1100 ft lb, to loosen the bigger/overtorqued/rusty stuff!

I had some used tires put on a pair of extra rims on my F250, till I bought new... my impact would not break them loose!!! Didn't hurt my truck rim, but I've heard of lightweight rims getting damaged that way!

I did see $169 on the Jungle, but wouldn't arrive till after I leave for this fall contract, so finding that mine had not been found and adopted, by someone else, was good news, in several ways. 
Way to many commas there, but best I can do!!!

Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
10/16/24 11:14 a.m.

Do any of you Ryobi guys have your 1/2" impact stop after about 4 uga duggas? Then I have to remove and reinstall the battery.

Chris Tropea
Chris Tropea Associate Editor
10/16/24 11:53 a.m.

In reply to Cyclone03 :

Mine will uga dugga till I stop holding the trigger from what I remember. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/24 2:25 p.m.

In reply to Cyclone03 :

My M12 Milwaukee has 4 settings. IIRC, one is one uga dugga, two is three uga duggas, and three is five uga duggas, and the last setting is for all the uga duggas. It's pretty helpful when setting lug nuts without bypassing the torque spec. 

Your Ryobi may have something similar. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
feUBTv6XTK4Oswb13SVyOcYSp0AnQ5BqRlVVuifnwJ8CYn0Q1iJ7aJ5sgLSD9XC9