1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/4/23 7:12 p.m.

What cars need view adjustments?  A quick check shows the bonnet cam on the RX is funky.  I have a fix for that.  What other cars have you noticed? 

What car to replace the 510 sound with? The Toyota AE86 (Tuned)?

Fixed cars will need to be reloaded by all of course.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/23 7:18 p.m.

I was thinking we'd make whatever adjustments are needed and most likely rename the car pack if we can so we don't over write the originals that are gonna be on all our computers. I don't know how much of a pain that is to do.

dean1484
7/4/23 7:19 p.m.

Or actually we just fix a couple of cars rename those and those get uploaded with a new name as if they're a completely different car and we will load those and obviously everybody will have to load them and I'll have to put those specifically on the server that way, we don't have to rename an entire car pack which would I think be a real pain in the neck

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/4/23 7:21 p.m.

The Ford Econobox camera is also funky 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
7/4/23 8:38 p.m.

My thoughts on this, take for what they are worth are as follows.

The 911 RS I am most consistent with. The Alfa I got quick but it is a handful.  The MGA was fun, give it G70 tires and let it go, I would drive it.  The Cortina is unfortunately a dog for me. 

That said, I claim a 911 and I will run it against the big bore cars. 

Mike

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/4/23 8:53 p.m.

Most of them needed some adjustment (the Mini and Imp were really funky).  Probably best to just reload them all.  Just know that you will need the original pack if you want to race online with anyone but us with them.

I am only adjusting the bonnet view, unless I notice anything really obvious, so let me know if there are any other views that are an issue.

I will swap out the 510 sound also.   I should be able to upload the new pack tonight.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/4/23 9:12 p.m.

OK, new pack is in the CURRENT folder.   Someone please download them and see if they work.   I did not sort them by 60's and 70's.  So you need both packs.

Note: they WILL overwrite your current install, so keep that original zip handy if you have it.    I will leave the original in the Current folder also.

dean1484
7/5/23 10:09 a.m.

So what cars are we not using?  I would like to pull them to keep the car count lower and add in more of the cars we are using. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/5/23 12:42 p.m.

My guess for pulls would be:  Fairlane, Imp, Mini, Jag, Cortina.  Probably the MG's, but I did not drive them.

The other question is should we remove the Merc and 2000GT as ringers?

Also, the track list.  I will see if I can upload the tracks listed above (they are mostly generally smaller tracks).  I also want to add in Riverside (shorter track).  We can see if Colin has any preferences. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/5/23 5:41 p.m.

I drove a few of the updated cars and they all seem to be working right.   The 510 sounds a LOT better!

I couldn't get on the server, though...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/5/23 6:02 p.m.

Yeah, Dean will need to update the cars there before you can get on.  We all need to have the exact same cars for online.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/6/23 10:50 p.m.

In case anyone else runs into this:  I figured out what was going on with my wheel.  I had to redefine all the buttons, pedals and the wheel in Settings in Content manager.  The symptom was it didn't work and the gas was stuck half on.  I think it was probably because I was switching between the wheel and an XBox controller and it go confused.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/6/23 11:10 p.m.

Darwin, I adjusted the Esscort hood view and uploaded the single car to the Current folder.  It puts the wiper at the bottom of the view.  If you want to adjust further, just replace the car in the folder.

Everyone will need to update that car for next week.

dean1484
7/7/23 2:42 a.m.

I will try to update things on the server. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/7/23 11:41 a.m.

As a reminder, we will be doing a self-car pick, with pick priority as the inverse of last seasons results (e.g. Unwound gets priority pick).  Any duplicate picks after the first one will get a step of HC (2 dup = 2 HC).  Any late arrivers (after first race) will have the same duplicate rules.

I am probably going for the A110 and hope for short straights.

Here is the HC table.  Let me know if we should adjust the base HC (50 kg for 1000 kg car):

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/7/23 11:44 a.m.

Here is the track list (all tracks are on drive in Current / Track folder):

• Tsukuba 
  • Cadwell Park 
  • Summit Point 
  • Ascari 
  • Sugo 
  • VIR 
  • Goodwood 
  • Croft Circuit 
  • Thruxton 
  • Riverside (short)
dean1484
7/8/23 9:43 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I will load those up and see about testing them to make sure they work as server tracks. 

dean1484
7/8/23 9:48 a.m.

I have a bunch of options but I will let other people choose first. After testing last week the RX3 was talking to me.   I like the you are not ever 100 percent in control feel it has.  

Speaking of that people need to make there car choices so I can assign them. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/8/23 4:05 p.m.

I guess we'll just post our choices, then you can figure them out in order....??

For me:

1 - Ford E_scort

2 - 911

3 - BMW

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/8/23 4:26 p.m.

E Scort 

dean1484
7/8/23 7:10 p.m.

I know Mike wants the 911

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/8/23 9:02 p.m.

My preference:

1: 2002

2: 2000GT

3: A110

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/8/23 10:58 p.m.

Sure.

1. 2000GT

2. 510

3. Ford Esc0rt

dean1484
7/9/23 9:30 a.m.

I have been traveling on business this weekend. (Still am). So I will most likely update the server Monday and assigned cars and put the tracks up and make sure everything works for the series.  

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/9/23 11:47 a.m.

Hi. Going to be traveling the first week + in August and would miss some racing, So no car choice priority needed.

1 - Mustang 

2 - Alfa

3 - Austin - or whatever is available :)

1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uQyzQdsOd2H9ytMaYAAKLnklvc5Bwtk0ykoV57TShhwC44Kabyq9b3sWwfYXRODX