1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 160
e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
7/9/23 2:58 p.m.

I'll be in and out quite a bit this season so I don't want to take something someone else really wants, so I'm fine with whatever leftovers there are. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/9/23 3:27 p.m.

The Ford E s c o r t looks to be a popular choice!!  

dean1484
7/9/23 3:31 p.m.

So the admins must have the word e s c o r t on the ban list. Changes it to ford econobox.  There is something really funny about that.  

you have an adult econobox service. :-).  

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/9/23 4:21 p.m.

Think it had something to do with the "Dubai E....t" spamming a while back... cheeky  That auto change wasn't in place back in May.

On AC, it's fun to drive and sounds great... and it's fast if you can keep it on the edge.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/9/23 8:49 p.m.

OK, so this is what the car choice situation looks like now:

Bolded cars are lockable choices.  Italics with numbers are option with the starting HC that represents.  I don't really expect Stephen or Unwound to jump in at this point, and it's probably reasonable to leave them with an open choice. Drillin is a question, not sure if he will show for the first race though.

For Dean Racebrick and Colin they will either have to go with an unused car, or run one with a starting HC.  E.g. if Pro and Dean want to run the Excort,  Darwin would start with 1 HC and Dean with 2.  Dean could also run the 911 with a 1 HC.

As a mid season example, if I chose to change cars (not being in 1st or 2nd in the standings) and want to run the 911 and both Dean and Mike are already in it, I would start with a 2 HC (I of course would loose 1 HC every week I did not finish 1,2, or 3)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/9/23 9:11 p.m.

I wonder if there is a way we can add another layer or two of complication to this.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/9/23 9:15 p.m.

Rule 32B - sub note 4:

- Any questioning of the rules will incur an automatic 1 HC for 2 races, or until there is a full moon, whichever come first unless the violator makes a written apology to the rules committee admitting their transgression and at least one other unrelated social transgression (to be used to help encourage no further transgressions)

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/9/23 9:22 p.m.

Didn't I claim the mustang like 3 pages ago? 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/9/23 10:06 p.m.

Ah yes,  the Brad, forgot about the Brad. 

Since you didn't race last season, do we give you first choice, or last, or free choice?  Honestly, the lower half of the order is less of a concern.

Maybe new arrivers get a free choice as long as they participate from the start? (no, I am not making this up as I go... why do you ask?)

One way or another, we will get you in a Mustang.

Pin by Rob on Cartoons | Art cars, Weird cars, Cool cartoons

dean1484
7/10/23 10:35 a.m.

Testing last night and some sorting on the google drive.

We now have a separate folder for cats and tracks and rack car or track is separate 

The first track is up on the server.  

testing last night made it clear that what ever you thought was fast may not be fast here.  

The Alpha was the top dog for me testing last night.   

dean1484
7/10/23 11:50 p.m.

Updated By Me Tonight But Air will have to adjust the priorities

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/11/23 2:15 p.m.

Here is an update.  I am assuming here either first choice, or highest choice with lowest HC. Still some movement likely depending on what Racebrick jumps on, if the top 4 are willing to take a starting HC, and if Drillin shows for the first race.  Generally a very good spread of cars though!

Yes, Brad is "special"....  as per rule 36.1.3.1

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
7/11/23 2:57 p.m.

I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see what is left before deciding.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/11/23 4:28 p.m.

Ugh.  Guess I better get some practice with the 510.

dean1484
7/11/23 4:50 p.m.

Ok can we trade cars with people?

Say I really want the 510 and maybe Pro wants the RX3.  Can we trade? (This is hypothetical of course I have not spoken to Pro about it)

dean1484
7/11/23 4:52 p.m.

The AMG is looking better all the time  LOL

dean1484
7/11/23 4:54 p.m.

Actually, the MGA is also looking like a plausible option as well.

dean1484
7/11/23 4:56 p.m.

For those looking to make a choice.  My original testing results from GPD

dean1484
7/11/23 5:47 p.m.

I kind of like this car pick thing. Kind of like picking for a fantasy football team. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/11/23 6:27 p.m.
dean1484 said:

Ok can we trade cars with people?

Say I really want the 510 and maybe Pro wants the RX3.  Can we trade? (This is hypothetical of course I have not spoken to Pro about it)

If you are switching cars in the same week (and are not 1st or 2nd in points) then there is no reason you cannot.  If someone else is driving the car you are switching to (other then the one you are "trading" with) you will still pick up a HC (and obviously carry whatever you had).

And, as in the past, you can only use each car once.  

We will need to do the confirmation of the picks before the race on Wednesday, so try and show up early (especially for the top 4/5 above).  We will assume the chart above if you are not there early enough (Dean needs to setup the room in time for practice).  Confirmation order is from bottom to top in the chart above.

Racebrick, you can certainly put in your preferences now (unless you are being sneaky...), but you are a bit at the mercy of Dean and Darwin, depending on what they commit to.  You know you want the Esxcort!  Ony one HC... but a lovely leopard interior!

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/11/23 8:17 p.m.

Great. I will assume the 2000GT and be appreciative of that. Time to go practice

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/12/23 12:15 a.m.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/12/23 8:06 a.m.

Awesome! yes

Is tonight another practice/ test & tune night, or are we starting the series?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/12/23 9:17 a.m.

Dean, you can have the 510.  I'll take the Ford Econobox even with the penalty.  I'm having trouble squeezing the extra time out of the 510.

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/12/23 10:38 a.m.

I would like to start in the alfa romeo, I should be able to make it tonight.  

1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rnJlYZEUAx1pBWuUcDDUzwJoolniN10e1CxxT71xdBJHsGzad4a4cBMQ0wyVhZSv