1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/23 11:49 a.m.
cmcmillin31 said:

I would like to start in the alfa romeo, I should be able to make it tonight.  

According to the System that Air has in place you will start with a +1 HC due to Sauce having it

dean1484
7/12/23 11:50 a.m.
Racebrick said:

I'm going to wait until Wednesday to see what is left before deciding.

Everything is available it is just wether you get a +1 HC or not.

dean1484
7/12/23 11:54 a.m.

Oh and I have not formally decided on the HC amount.  I was thinking 25KG.  Maybe we should assign a "special" HC to Brad or 30HC? 

;-)  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/12/23 12:56 p.m.

HC is easy enough to adjust, it was 50kg per 1000 kg per HC, so I put it down to 25.

Here is the current car pick table, assuming Dean want's the 510.  This of course opens up no HC RX3 (a bit tricky but potentially fast) choice for Brick or Colin.  Looks like we really only need to do a quick, on the clock, draft pick session for Dean, Race and Colin.

Regarding Brad... Brad, Brad, Brad... Brad has his own "Handicap", if you know what I mean cheeky  We should probably give him a 1 HC, but not like he's not going to loose it after the first race!  cheeky

I am leaning towards any new arrivers (didn't race last season) having an open pic, to encourage new participants.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
7/12/23 1:26 p.m.

I'm fine giving Drillin the alfa and can take something else not spoken for, I have no attachment to it. 

dean1484
7/12/23 5:09 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I just randomly assigned you stuff to get things going.

My issue is that I "fixed" my peddles last night.  For the last couple of seasons, I think I have been getting 95-98 percent throttle.  So now that I have full throttle driving the RX3 is interesting!!!  The 510 is also good and I was fast in it but that I think is because all the power is not at the top of the rev range.  

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/12/23 6:01 p.m.
aircooled said:

Regarding Brad... Brad, Brad, Brad... Brad has his own "Handicap", if you know what I mean cheeky  We should probably give him a 1 HC, but not like he's not going to loose it after the first race!  cheeky

Don't go making Brad decisions...

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
7/12/23 6:48 p.m.
dean1484 said:

In reply to e30Matt :

I just randomly assigned you stuff to get things going.

My issue is that I "fixed" my peddles last night.  For the last couple of seasons, I think I have been getting 95-98 percent throttle.  So now that I have full throttle driving the RX3 is interesting!!!  The 510 is also good and I was fast in it but that I think is because all the power is not at the top of the rev range.  

I know that I was randomly assigned, and that's why I'd rather Drillin take it if he wants it with no HC.  If I had requested it then sure, but docking him an HC for a random assignment just seems unnecessary.

So, if he takes the Alfa what else is left unclaimed?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/12/23 6:58 p.m.

The only ones no one has made any claim to that I see are the MGA, AH 3000 and the 300 SEL.

Depending on what the top 3 go for, that could change of course.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/12/23 6:59 p.m.
BradLTL said:

Don't go making Brad decisions...

Is that an Argo?!?

That track looks kind of familiar BTW...

dean1484
7/12/23 7:12 p.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

That is a GREAT photo!!!!  I assume that is Argo?

BradLTL
7/12/23 7:27 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

No.. just a fellow One Lapper. Named their racecar "Brad". I tried to steal the shirt, they kept their luggage hidden.

This is Argo... 

BradLTL
7/12/23 7:30 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Track is Eagle's Canyon. Actually had an off in the couple corners on the last run. Argo captured the moment on video... Looks just like my sim driving. 

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/13/23 7:45 a.m.

Just a quick note I will be out of town for the next race on the 19th. I hope everyone else has a blast.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/13/23 2:53 p.m.

Have a wheel on the way.  Hope to join the series soon.  Have to figure out how all this works again...  Get all the updates, etc.  I will take whatever car is left over while I get back up to speed.

dean1484
7/13/23 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

You can have any car from the set you want Argo!!!!  It would be great to have you back with us!!!

dean1484
7/13/23 3:20 p.m.

Oh and the expected CF with 15 cars on that small track and a new driver (that I might add did very well considering it was his first time AND he was on a controller) ever really materialized.  These cars seem to match up really well.

I feel like I am driving a death cart with this RX3 but it is absolutely not boring to drive!!!  I had some great racing with both Air and Pro last night.  Pro and I had a racing incident but I am sure in the past I have accidentally done the same to him.  I don't remember specifically but I am sure I have.

Anyways thanks everyone for showing up we had a record 15 people start the race.    

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/13/23 3:42 p.m.

The races weren't bad, except for the 2nd race where a car was sitting broadside across the start/finish straight.  I tried to thread the needle but didn't make it and much carnage resulted.

Qualifying was pretty bad...   I'm going to suggest two qualifying sessions if we end up with those kind of numbers again on a tight track.  7.5 minutes should be plenty to set a lap time if we had to run two sessions.

I think this series will be fun, and more challenging than the Miatas.  

dean1484
7/13/23 4:36 p.m.

Ya that mess at the start and finish was not good.  I came around onto the front straight at full bore doing my sliding thing exiting the corner onto the strait and there were two cars.  One car on the left side was half on the track and another car on the right side was fully on the track.  Both were perpendicular to the track.  The car on the right was rolling back towards the left.  I was at full speed in a controlled drift and there was no way I could go to the right so I tried shooting the gap that was closing between the two cars.  I was clipped by the car that was rolling and it caused me to then clip the car that was sitting on the left.  I think I did a 360 and came to an almost stop but was aimed in the right direction so I was able to keep on going.  I don't think I actually lost a place (not sure about that).   I did see cars going everywhere in my mirror as I was going into turn one. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/13/23 9:10 p.m.

Results (also on Discord):

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/13/23 9:13 p.m.

A couple of quick pics:

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/13/23 10:21 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

Cool!  And yes, new arrivals get a free pick, and of course there is the Brad rule, and you are kind of a Super Brad!

Once you get your equipment feel free to jump on and we can talk you through any issues.

oh BTW, ignore that massive crash shot above, that was clearly staged.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/15/23 8:09 p.m.

Still coming to terms with AC/ Content Manager/ Discord interface.  Getting the new G920 to agree with Windows 11.  I will get it sorted out. Seems like a pain in the butt to create a livery.  If I get everything sorted by Wednesday, I will run the 911RS with the Martini #48 livery if it isn't taken.

The Golden Age of GRM racing:

The grid size now might make this the new golden age but I ran across these videos in the archives.  They are from 2014(?) back when we were running Gran Turismo 6(5?).  I liked the early versions of GT as they were easy to unlock and had flexibility with races such as inverted grids, etc.  A few familiar names are here.  Spoiler alert:  I didn't win any of these races due to impatience.  Some great racing!

https://youtu.be/vfxDJWGGGEA

https://youtu.be/0VD6xKuY05g

https://youtu.be/gD1lZ33O83g

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/15/23 11:47 p.m.

Very cool.  I was wondering about the video quality, then I remember the only way to capture it back then was to video the screen.

Here is one I captured that has a few shots of your work (you have a pretty nice recovery on one point).  This looks to be Autumn Ring (which we run in AC a fair amount) but reverse (best not a full sceen because of resolution):

dean1484
7/17/23 9:04 a.m.

OMG Anth and Mr Mudd!!!!  And Grey!!!

1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4gjmiAfyAYPXnKuBzJXYUwx9QKw4hUETLbUGru2TIOM6TwkIGwQYr3PiDakzoSu1