1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/23 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

No livery are actually taken.  Getting the cars assigned and Air had a new HC system that we were implementing so not much attention was paid to the livery people had.

I will make sure that there is a spare 911 in the server that you can use.  We can deal with assigning you a car when you are online with us as I will need your Steem id number.

dean1484
7/17/23 9:12 a.m.

Also for those that have been racing here for a while, Spoolpidgon reached out to me for a Discord invite.  So here is hoping He can join us!!!  Getting the old gang back together!!!!

There is one "small" problem that we have to be aware of.  If we continue to grow we are going to have to be careful on the tracks we use.  Last week's track only had 18 slots and we had 15 starters.  So we are going to have to be mindful of that if things continue to grow!!!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/17/23 9:16 a.m.

That is a wonderful problem to have

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/17/23 10:34 p.m.

Spool eh?  If he is good as he used to be... 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/17/23 10:44 p.m.

Results and Standings as well as some highlights.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/17/23 11:01 p.m.

Ooo vintage.  I dig the slow mo and some of the new angles.  

The transitions in the first few laps are really weird/stuttery.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/18/23 1:36 a.m.

Yeah, I discovered the next car / last car shortcut (Cntl Num 1 and 3) but it sometimes did a weird fast fade out/in but the audio does a chop cut.   It's nice because it does current track order so it doesn't do that empty car thing the screen control does.

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/18/23 1:39 p.m.

Hey there! If it's not too late to join in on the next race I think I would like to give it a shot. It's Cadwell Park right?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/18/23 2:07 p.m.

Its never too late. 

Get on discord and join the party.

7/18/23 2:22 p.m.

Awesome! Who should I message about the Discord link?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/18/23 2:24 p.m.

Me.  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/23 1:20 p.m.

Got everything assembled and working properly (except the driver) however, none of my old headsets work.  Ordered a new one and it is supposed to arrive today.  I'm hoping it gets here before race time.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/19/23 1:22 p.m.

I'm 99% out because I dont have internet :(

Maybe I can hotspot my phone long enough to start the race so I can at least drop a handicap

Argo1
7/19/23 1:29 p.m.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what settings is the series using?  Tire wear?  Fuel consumption?  Damage?  Traction control?  Etc?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/19/23 1:56 p.m.

Tire wear and fuel normal.  Damage off.  Traction control by vehicle (none of these cars have it)

7/19/23 2:21 p.m.

How long are the races? Does pit strategy end up coming into play or are they sprints?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/19/23 2:34 p.m.

Pracitice goes until "9:00" (I dont think we have ever started on time).  15 min qualify, 15 min race, 15 min reverse grid race.  

No pitting needed.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/19/23 6:32 p.m.
Argo1 said:

Got everything assembled and working properly (except the driver) however, none of my old headsets work.  Ordered a new one and it is supposed to arrive today.  I'm hoping it gets here before race time.

@Pro... Can you make sure Argo has a discord invite? 

Argo1
7/19/23 8:15 p.m.

Not looking promising for tonight.  No headset yet.  I also can't seem to get full braking force no matter how I adjust things.  Unable to get enough force to lock up the brakes. (ABS off)  Not loving the AC interface.  Seems to be 'start over' on settings every time I exit the game.  Can't bring up Sidekick or Camber Extravaganza even though they are loaded and checked in-game.  Maybe this is a Win 11 thing?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/19/23 8:25 p.m.

PM me in discord and I will send invite. 

prodarwin#1538 is my discord ID

dean1484
7/19/23 8:31 p.m.

I may be a little late. Getting a pizza for the family at the moment. 

dean1484
7/19/23 8:34 p.m.

The server was up as of last night. I have not looked at it today. Air can text me if there is an issue. 

Argo1
7/20/23 12:47 a.m.

Sorry for being a disruption to the start of Qually.   I eventually found that there was an errant skin in the 911 file that was causing the mismatch.  Once deleted, no issues getting on.   I ran a few laps in the first race just trying to stay out of the way.  My brake issues are not solved so I only had about 30% brakes.  Any time that I tried to pick up the pace, I simply went off because I couldn't slow down.  I elected to bail out for this week rather than be a nuisance.  I will dive into the YouTube septic tank of knowledge and attempt to sort the braking issues.  Headset arrived two hours too late for this week.  At least there won't be any issues joining next week.

7/20/23 6:52 a.m.

Glad you got joining sorted. Hopefully setup won't be too big an obstacle and you can be racing next week in earnest. I did notice the car-specific setups reverting back to standard which was frustrating. It seemed random as almost every race my brake bias was reset to the standard 65% and I was adjusting it mid-race when the back end would start to come out more than I wanted. I'll have to save a preset or something so that I can quickly get my adjustments loaded in before starting each session.

Oh, and start each race with a full fuel load instead of pitting at the end of lap 1.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/20/23 7:42 a.m.

In reply to Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) :

The brake bias thing was driving us nuts in the last series because it was cockpit adjustable, but was not an option in the setup fields on the NB Miata we were using.  Every time you came into the pits it would revert and you'd have to remember to re-adjust once on track.  I think most of these cars have it as a setup item, and you can save the initial setting as part of your setup.  It should normally only revert to default if you leave the server and return.  From practice to quals, to race it shouldn't revert.

1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PvklwgRyDB8c3nkmVrt8RJfNv424yA8wvR3GmzJOzOtHOC6JKJkBJ3CJxdK344tS