1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 160
BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/20/23 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

The brakes suck on all these cars. It may not be a problem, just how the cars are in game. Braking is the hardest part of driving this series.

On the setup, it will start over every time unless you save the settings. You have to save the settings like a file (e.g. Word doc). It defaults to the track you are at, but there is a generic location at the top. It's in the Setup I/O menu. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/20/23 9:51 a.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

In Content Manager, go to Setting - Assetto Corsa - Controls.  With the wheel and pedals attached you can test and see what range you are getting and adjust both range and gamma (ramp).

There is also a Pedals app you can have open while driving (which I do since I had some pedal issues) so you can see if you are getting full travel (or less than, or sticking) while driving.

But yes, most of these cars have rather poor brakes, so they tend to feel like they don't work, but are.  The A110 has horrible brakes for its absurdly light weight.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/23 10:34 a.m.

The RX3 has decent brakes but I generally tend to be slow in fast out so I am not threshold braking.  Mostly because it is trying to kill me at just about every other point on the track.  It really is a vintage drift/hoon car.  :-)

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/20/23 10:36 a.m.

I don't mind the brakes so much on these as I find it harder to lock up. I can't stand brakes in sims typically as there's no force feedback through the pedal and so I want there to be barely enough brake to lock up as if there's much more than that I'll blow right through the "pressure zone" in an instant. I'm sure just a feel thing and supposedly load cell brakes also help but that sounds expensive, so crappy 70s car brakes it is

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/20/23 10:42 a.m.

In reply to Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) :

I have a load cell brake, and it helped a lot, but there's still zero feel compared to a real car.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/20/23 10:51 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Good info from all.  I've experienced setup reset every time I change screens or start a new session in AC.  The most annoying one is the auto clutch turns off every time.  

I have gone through the control settings many times.  I feel like I'm testing Einstein's theory of insanity... Where you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.  I like the G920 pedal set.  The brake has a good feel with just a short travel and then becoming very firm like a brake pedal should be.  Except that even with all the force that I can muster, it will only go to about 85% range.  I've tried adjusting the slider below down to 85% or even lower.  No effect.  I've messed with the gamma from flat to steep with steep making things worse.

Documentation with the G920 was weak.  There may be a brake pedal resistance adjustment that I need to find.  I think that it is the top 15% of range that I can't get to that is causing the issue.  I will also drive some other non-TCL cars to see if I can get to brake lock up.

Besides the brakes, the 911 drives like a vintage 911.  Brake in a straight line, power on to settle the rear as you turn in.  Trail braking usually results in an off.

What am I missing that won't allow Sidekick or the camber app to display on screen?  And yes, I am tech challenged and very needy.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/20/23 10:57 a.m.

I have a sort of cheap load cell style retro fit brake for my Logitech pedals (I think it was in the $60 range, I can look it up if you like).  It's certainly not perfect but it's way better the the almost zero feedback some of the stock pedals get which are kind of like very light power brakes.  Since I am more familiar with non-power brake cars, it's more relatable to me.

The one issue with a load cell type brake is that you better make sure the pedals and wheel are well mounted since they require a lot more force and things will move around.

It can also be useful to adjust the sensitivity and range with AC for ABS and non-ABS cars.  Having the pedal way less sensitive for non-ABS is of course generally useful.

Argo1
7/20/23 12:35 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

There were a ton of videos about G920 brake problems.  Most have you disassemble the brake pedal and remove the 'load cell' bit of stiff rubber that gives it a more realistic feel.  That would let me get to 100% but would take away the good feel.  ONE video showed the right way to set up the brake pedal using Windows settings that allows getting to 100% with reasonable pressure.  That seems to have worked and also works on reducing the degrees of steering as I like it around 360 degrees.  That corrects it globally no matter what sim or game is being used.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/20/23 1:06 p.m.

If you find you need more adjustment (or finer), you can adjust the range in AC settings.  So if, for example, your pedal only goes to 80%, you make 80% full brake.

You can get stronger springs for the brake, which makes it a bit nicer.  As well as different "stoppers" to change how the bottoming feels.

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/20/23 1:34 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

Switch the controls so that you are using the clutch pedal for brakes and see if you can get to 100% on that pedal. That should tell you if it is a hardware or software issue. 

gencollon
gencollon New Reader
7/20/23 2:50 p.m.

There is one "small" problem that we have to be aware of.  If we continue to grow we are going to have to be careful on the tracks we use.  Last week's track only had 18 slots and we had 15 starters.  So we are going to have to be mindful of that if things continue to grow!!!

There's a way to add more pit boxes to the tracks... I haven't done it yet, but I'm sure we can if we need to.

7/20/23 8:11 p.m.

Boy howdy is Summit Point a different animal to Cadwell Park. Ran some laps tonight but managed to set my best only a couple in, go figure. Lots to learn about changing radii turns. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/23 10:44 p.m.

Just hit me that I completely missed last night's race crying will have to set an alarm, it's a lot easier to lose track of which day of the week it is when you're not working regular hours...

Argo1
7/21/23 3:30 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Lol.  I have the same problem now that I am retired.  I got a new clock for over the mantle.  It has three hands.  The third one is for day of the week!

dean1484
7/22/23 11:38 a.m.

Anyone up for a one off fun race this weekend?  Somthing slow and silly on a goofy track?  Or just fiat pandas at sim twisty small track?  No points or anything. Just have some fun and good around. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/23/23 12:31 a.m.

Results, Standings and a pic:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/23/23 2:34 a.m.

I lost a hc.  I should be at 1 not 3

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/23/23 3:32 a.m.

Also post results in discord 

7/23/23 8:37 a.m.

I think the math isn't right in the overall standings as well. I shouldn't be at 8 points if I only got 6 from this race

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/23/23 11:00 a.m.

OK, thanks for the check, updated (and on Discord).

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/23/23 11:37 a.m.

Hilights (what's up with the brakes on the Excorts? always smoking):

dean1484
7/23/23 4:34 p.m.

Air

Your production quality is definitely getting MUCH better.  I really liked that one!!!

7/23/23 6:36 p.m.

Fantastic Highlight reel! Apparently I am become Dírte, destroyer of tires. Sorry if I was smoke-screening Drillin and Colin in the battle for 2nd during Race 2!

dean1484
7/24/23 11:46 a.m.
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) said:

Sorry if I was smoke-screening Drillin and Colin in the battle for 2nd during Race 2!

That is a strategy that more than a few people have employed in the past.  ;-)

dean1484
7/25/23 7:40 a.m.

People getting some practice in?  This track is interesting. My best lap so far is a 1:29. 

1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dlbo9XpriS7uKDhC7JUeePckDqCQh8ni2PLwgRauZ8GGsTPH7ptE67EQZqCgp6D3