1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 160
Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/25/23 7:57 a.m.

Low 1:30s so far, still working on figuring out the track.  None of the Es-corts gearing options really work well with this track... you're either lugging it through corners, shifting mid-corner, or riding the limiter at the end of the straight.  

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/23 9:03 a.m.

The production quality is definitely impressive especially with such a short turnaround time Air!  That was an epic battle for the top 3 spots in race 2, great racing all around.

I'm going to miss this week, are we still doing a drop week?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/25/23 12:41 p.m.

Thanks for the compliments.  The cameras that are available at each track make a huge difference.  Cadwell is an AC track and has some good camera angles, Summit Point, probably not as much. 

I have also discovered some new (sometimes strange, such as the 911 engine view!) angles available in the game as well as being able to do some minor drone type shots (which is just doing a screen record as I move the camera with the keyboard and mouse).  As noted, it's also about time.  I could, fairly easily, record a view from each car in the race, for the entire race, sync the recordings, then run through the race switching cameras like a TV producer, but that would take a long time to record those!  Those car switching shots from the first video where a cheap attempt at that by switching cars on the fly while recording, which has some obvious strange side effects.

It is an interesting way to practice camera work and editing though and I would probably suggest it as a way to get good at such things.  As noted previously, there is a very powerful CamTool for AC that allows all sorts of camera trickery (e.g. locking a camera to a car, or flying it along a path) but is is STUPID hard to figure out.  I have tried a couple of times and just cannot wrap my head around it (likely because it takes an entirely different approach than most any other video tool).

Letting me know when you see something interesting, or are involved in a good battle during a race is also very helpful.  I tend to run through each race, but it can be easy to miss notable moments if I don't know about them.  

Any yes, at this point we are allowing one drop for each participant.  Currently though, only the top four have one to use since we have had some new comers, some missed races, and those that have scored 0 on some races (effectively the same as a missed race except for HC purposes of course)

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/23 3:47 p.m.

I plan on being there tomorrow, but I plan on being exhausted and grumpy.  Have a random Tuesday night date night with the wife, I'm sure we aren't getting in until waaaay past my bedtime which sets up for a long Wednesday.  I'll let you know if I come up with any other excuses for not doing well before the race tomorrow.

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/25/23 7:48 p.m.

Just got a few more practice laps in. Dean your time is blistering! Can't wait for some hopefully close racing tomorrow night

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/25/23 9:41 p.m.

Everything is all sorted and the 911 drives good.  However, I've been down for the last few days with a respiratory infection.  It will be a game time decision tomorrow - if I can stop coughing for at least 2 minutes...

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/26/23 1:59 a.m.

I'm in! Partially, anyway. Several cars wouldn't load up for me and might require some more DLCs to function correctly. Otherwise, with some help from dean1484 and a timely link from Sk1dmark, I was able to connect to the server tonight and managed to take a broad selection of exciting vintage cars through all manner of unplanned maneuvers. The seed has been planted.

7/26/23 6:47 a.m.

Glad you were able to join in! I'm in the midst of trying to recruit another of my friends to join who has always been quick in sims. Seems like this series may be getting seriously packed if we have all in attendance at a race.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/23 7:17 a.m.

A good problem to have.

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/26/23 7:31 a.m.

In reply to Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) :

It's me! Apparently I can't DM yet, but hopefully I can still get on the discord in time.

7/26/23 8:20 a.m.

In reply to Celisuzu :

Hey man! Glad you were able to join up. Pro I can vouch for Celisuzu he's a friend of mine in the real world.

Also, 100% agree on too many people being an excellent problem to have. Is there any cutoff point where we would want to do a split quali? 16 in session or something?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/23 9:58 a.m.

Msg me on discord and I'll get you setup.  I'm traveling so I may not respond right away.  I do have alerts on my phone though.

skidmark you can actually invite him if you want just let me know when he's joined so I can update his role (this is - bot/spam control)

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/23 10:42 a.m.

Too many people wanting to join is only a problem if we have a track without enough pit stalls.  We will just have to be a bit more careful with our track selection or maybe there is a way to edit the tracks?  From what I know that is set in the track data files and not controlled by the server.

Thanks, everyone for joining in!!!   Should be really fun tonight.  And as always everyone will need to be extra careful going into turn one.  The term one and done is not what we want here.  laugh

On another note is there interest from the general group for a general sim racing shirt? It would be a pay to get it deal.  We could see about designing a more general T-shirt for GRM Simsports. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/26/23 10:54 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

T shirts - YES!

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/26/23 1:50 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Thanks! You don't have to worry about me, I won't be selling any canoes on here or anything...

7/26/23 1:52 p.m.

I'm down for a t-shirt for sure!

Pro, I don't have permissions to invite on the server, but I told him to message you directly on Discord so hopefully that will work

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/23 2:12 p.m.

Weird.  You should absolutely be able to invite.

oh well, just message me.  Keep my mind I am 4 hours ahead though 

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/26/23 4:24 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

DM'd through discord. Lmk if you see it.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/26/23 5:15 p.m.

In reply to Argo1 :

Hmmm.... I think we are going to need a ruling here.  Who came up with a better preemptive excuse?  Brad or Argo?

It's weird, it's almost like they exhibit similar behavior....

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/26/23 5:17 p.m.

Regarding tracks:  I will try and remember to do a quick tally of how many pit boxes (which is the restriction in AC) are in the tracks we are running.

I do know the site that hosts the cars we are running does have versions of popular (and generally more historic) tracks with increased pit boxes.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/26/23 6:07 p.m.

In reply to Celisuzu :

I got nothin 

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/26/23 6:24 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I'm hungover as hell. Whoever thought that having concerts in a brewery was a good idea? So many high gravity beers.

But... I'll forge on and compete. 

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/26/23 9:29 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It seems I can't message you on discord either then...

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/26/23 9:31 p.m.

Darn technology these days... I'm Celisuzu on Instagram too if that works...

Edit: I'm finally in!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/23 12:08 p.m.

Great fun last night!!!   Thanks, everyone for showing up.  Bit of an issue in turn one for me in the 2nd race last night.  After the 2nd restart and getting taken out in the same corner in both restarts.  I figured it was a sign that I was destined not to do well in that race. But that led to some great battles with people. 

1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E197y6ZsCTCm44GWoOnDwtB5sEeM2nVpPdwXkxuSyCjnRHVHWmEhzMcubySZKFCk