1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/30/23 7:59 p.m.

I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWQWRK8T/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

You can attach a sequential adapter (shown below).  I would suggest the 7 speed (shown) and not the 8 speed I got (in case I wanted a 7 speed with reverse).  The extra gate can make 5th gear shifts difficult (I ended up making a block off plate).  You do loose all the buttons on the stock shifter, but I found I do not use them much anyway, and it does give you two buttons you can program.  It will also require a USB connection.  Shift knob is removable and of course customizable.  Very solid shift feel though.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/30/23 9:14 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Okay, thanks.  That's definitely a more robust engagement mechanism than Logitech's little ball and detent.  I would miss the buttons, especially with the truck simulators, but it's pretty easy to make button boxes with cheap little zero delay joystick encoders.  That's what I have running the range and splitter switches on the trucksim shift knob.

The kid and I went up to HF this afternoon and grabbed some o-ring kits.  In case anyone wants to try it, the o-ring that worked best to damp the reverse plunger was a P7 (6.8mm ID with a 1.9mm section).  With that o-ring in place, and a little judicious spacing of the shoulder bolts, it's not terrible.  And I found a chunk of melamine shelf board that's just the right size to brace the pedals against the wall so I don't have to keep pulling them back toward me.  Might go ahead and build an inverted pedal box eventually, but not today.

I can only imagine the fit Mrs Monohue would throw if I pulled a spare AW11 or W201 seat out of storage and started building a cockpit...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/31/23 12:54 a.m.

I also figured I would want the extra buttons so I got one of those little keypads (8 keys in this case) to use in place of the shifter keys (mounting just in front of the shifter. The one issue with that is that in AC you cannot assign keys to functions if they are not on the wheel.  You can assign keystrokes to the keypad keys, but not all functions have keyboard shortcuts, so it's not as useful as I thought. The two little buttons can be assigned to anything though.

Currently I only have the arrow keys assigned (which are potentially very useful for pit stops) but I think I can at least assign at least ABS adjustment (not that I ever use that).

For the cockpit, you need something that is collapsible, which is my situation also.  I use a portable work top for my wheel and pedals (with a bit of welding modifications over the years).  I use an old Scat ProCar seat I mounted on an old office chair base, that attaches to the base.  You really do want the pedals, wheel and seat all solidly mounted together if you can.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/23 9:01 a.m.

I think if we went back to longer races like the one hour ones we were doing for a while that is where I was using the bias adjustments on the fly. It is helpfull when tuning a car. You can make the bias change on the fly and see if you like it with out a pit stop and an out lap.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/31/23 9:57 a.m.

Bias I do have on the wheel, since the G27 has six there.  For reference I have (left to right top to bottom). look left, look right, Boost (KERs I think, used to be NOS in GT), Brake balance Fwd, Look back, Brake balance rear.

Of note is that I don't really need look back since look left and right at the same time does that, but I am used to using it, and not sure what else I would put there anyway.

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
7/31/23 1:05 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

So I still can't DM here yet, but I am in the Discord and Chris showed me the ropes and laid down a few laps last night. I love the way everything is setup for this! 

Any chance I could get access to the relevant discord channels?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/31/23 1:42 p.m.

Sorry, didnt realize you hadn't been fully admitted.  Good to go now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/31/23 9:02 p.m.

So, I am thinking we should probably do this week as a test and tune since Dean is out.  We might get lucky and the server is perfect, but maybe not risk it?  This track certainly demands practice, but it would also be a great opportunity to test some stuff for next season (say 1/2 the time practicing, half the time testing).

When are you leaving Dean?  Can you still set something up?

I was thinking we could try one of these.  There is a whole pack, but this should do (yes, that is not a V8).  I suspect it will be a challenge to drive:

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/31/23 9:15 p.m.

I kind of like that idea... yes

Track would still be Ascari?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/31/23 10:37 p.m.

Air did you put the pack up?  I can spool up a server for shenanigans 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/31/23 10:42 p.m.

Probably easiest to keep the track but there are only 24 pit boxes there, so we probably still need another server.

I put the car pack up in the Testing / Cars folder if you want to try it out.  It's not terribly large.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/31/23 11:06 p.m.

I tossed up a simple server.  I'll have to jump back on later and get the track as well as install the cars properly.  The Ferrari you originally had posted installs fine.  The pack does not.

Edit:  its a zip within a zip

Edit:  and a .rar within that

Edit updated to support 20 drivers.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
7/31/23 11:19 p.m.

OK, yeah, that was a strange archive.  I split them out, then repacked them and uploaded the whole set again.

Here is a bit of inspiration for everyone:

dean1484
7/31/23 11:47 p.m.

I am already gone. Server is on auto pilot. I should have set up Remote Desktop but never got to it. 

dean1484
7/31/23 11:50 p.m.

Oh. You want bonkers try the Ferrari 333 at spa. Air I think you should have the car. We tried it a while back.  

dean1484
7/31/23 11:52 p.m.

I have wanted to try Indy cars. I also wanted to test the Australian super cars some more.  

Also maybe test some individual cars like M3 and an M5.   

dean1484 said:

Also maybe test some individual cars like M3 and an M5.   

Im here hoping you mean the E30 and E28.

dean1484
8/1/23 11:16 a.m.

I put another server up from where I am. It has Touring Cars on it.  I looked in the router and all the port forwarding was still in place for the last time I did this from up here.  All I had to do was fix the ip on my pc to match what was already configured in the router.  Now I am thinking I should have brought a wheel and peddles with me  LOL.   The link to the server is on Discord in general chat.

dean1484
8/1/23 11:19 a.m.

Also, the regular server at my home is up and running just fine at the moment.  

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/1/23 6:03 p.m.

For some reason the Ferrari isn't working for me.  The rest of the pack works fine, but I get errors related to texture with the Ferrari.  After clicking through about 100 error boxes the game gives a crash message.  I installed the first time with Content Manager, and then deleted, re-downloaded and manually extracted the files... same result.  Not sure what's going on?  All the other GPL cars work fine, and I can't see any obviously missing folders/files for the Ferrari...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/1/23 6:53 p.m.

Do you have the Ferrari Pack installed.   Looks like you need the Dream Pack for the Lotus also.

There is note for installation (maybe I did this?):

Note On Installation of the Ferrari 312

You need the Ferrari DLC pack from steam: (as described above)

1. Extract folders content and texture to your AC install: …\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\
  2. Goto:
    ..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ks_ferrari_312_67
  3. In this folder: Copy the ferrari_312_67.kn5 file
  4. Within \cars folder, goto \ gpl67_ferrari_312
  5. Paste ferrari_312_67.kn5 here!

If this works, I can just re-upload with the car I have which works.  I guess I need to do that anyway so everyone else doesn't have to do it!

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/1/23 7:07 p.m.

That worked, thanks!

I have both the Ferrari and Dream packs... didn't think to look at the GPL pack for special instructions...

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/1/23 10:24 p.m.

OK, I checked on the files I uploaded also and the Ferrari is missing that file.   I re-uploaded the pack again with the fixed car.  I also put just the Ferrari up there if someone just needs that one.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/1/23 10:33 p.m.

weird.  I just setup the server with the pack that was up earlier and had no issues with the ferrari.

The lotuses on the other hand were very problematic so are currently disabled on the server

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/1/23 11:50 p.m.

Just checked, and yes, the Lotus 49 needs the file from the Kunos Lotus.  The 33 should be good though.

I re-uploaded the whole pack again.  I also put the Lotus 49 alone up there if you want to just change that one.

I will pull down the individual car files tomorrow so everyone can just download the pack.  Looks like there are F1 and F2 car in the pack (e.g. lotus 33, and higher power, Lotus 49).  All the cars supposedly drive a bit differently.

1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
is2CLXtsFp9B3PAhsYpIHa0CeSijzft0lfUJvUdhAwtwVNr9E1SUl0bnpmDusI0D