1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 160
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/17/21 10:44 a.m.

After last night I've realized that even though the Supra is a bit more tricky to drive than the Volvo in general, it's much more forgiving at the limits, I think I might stick to that car among the ATCCs.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/17/21 11:11 a.m.

Here is a quick look at lap times.  Of note is that my Jag time is on a controller.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/17/21 12:09 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

you have a friend request

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/17/21 5:19 p.m.

Well, I managed to go a little faster! Not sure if I'll be able to log on tonight or not - the wife is sick and 6pm is a tough time around here as is. I tried most of the cars and ended up liking the BMW most, I kept finding myself out of boost in the turbo cars although I did manage a decent lap in the Volvo in local practice mode.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/17/21 6:23 p.m.

Showing up late is not an issue either.  It might be if we start an actual league, but even then, there will usually be a bit of practice and qualifying.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/17/21 6:24 p.m.

Yep, feel free to hop on and join whenever.  Hope your wife feels better.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/17/21 8:12 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

I'm a little stuck on how to proceed. I accepted your friend request on Discord, but I can't seem to figure out how to join the Unofficial GRM Forum, or even find it. Can you or someone else in the know point me in the right direction?

therealpinto
therealpinto GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/18/21 1:06 a.m.
dean1484 said:
therealpinto said:
ProDarwin said:

Recruiting update:

therealpinto - has a wheel & AC need to convince to join us

Thanks for the mention! I'd need to practice both driving and getting mods to work.

Then there's the challenge of 6 PM Pacific time - that's 3 AM for me ;-)

Gustaf

If you get on Discord and then join us we can help you with the adding of content to your game. We can share screens and what not so if you are having problems or just want one of us to show you how to add in cars or tracks we can do that. Even if you don't drive you can join in and spectate/commentate during the race. 

Thanks, I will keep it in mind! Really hope to be able to make it some day.

Gustaf

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/18/21 8:40 a.m.

Good times last night.  Bathurst was messy but a ton of fun.  Glad to see (hear?) some new faces

wae
wae PowerDork
2/18/21 9:09 a.m.

Thanks for talking me in to it!  Hopefully I wasn't too much of a chicane.

I tried a couple laps with the Fiat this morning.  I don't think I was able to get it faster than 69mph.  Upside, though, is that it gives you plenty of time to contemplate your life choices as you approach a corner!

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/18/21 11:26 a.m.

I had a lot of fun! Sorry to anyone I punted, especially during my short lived stint at the front of the pack.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/18/21 11:38 a.m.

Ordered a wheel, so hopefully I'll be able to get on next week without technical difficulties. Still not entirely sure if I've got Discord working properly, and AC was behaving very strangely on my end on the couple occasions I managed to connect to the server.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/18/21 12:04 p.m.

So, you should be able to join the server with the link I sent you.  Let me know if I need to send another.

Once you are in the server, it will be 10 mins before you can do anything.

After that 10 mins has passed, you will still only be able to see the #announcements channel.  At that point I just need to flip a switch to add you to the 'GRM Forum' group and you'll have full privileges.  I think some people get confused at this point when things dont appear to be working and back out.  If you get past the 10 min mark, msg me on discord and I can check it out.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/18/21 12:48 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Maybe that's what happened. I was (and am) able to see the announcements channel, so maybe the switch just needs to be flipped.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/18/21 12:49 p.m.

I see you now.  The switch has been flipped :)

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/18/21 1:18 p.m.

OK, now I see all the various channels and whatnot. So, assuming Discord is sorted, I join the game server through AC directly, yes? That's what I was doing last night, but it seemed buggy to say the least.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/18/21 1:43 p.m.

yeah.  Join through AC directly (or directly from Content Manager - this is what most of us use).  In Discord, just click on the voice chat Assetto Corsa thing on the LH column and you'll be in the chat with us.

What part of it was buggy?

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
2/18/21 3:48 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

AC failed to load the session a couple times and gave me "Unexpected error" in a Windows pop-up, and of the two times I did get in, once I had no mouse or other input so I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the Task Manager to bail out, and the other time I got in the car, which promptly began having a violent seizure and twitched me backwards across the pit lane before I was able to get out. Not an auspicious beginning.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/18/21 6:22 p.m.
02Pilot said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

I got in the car, which promptly began having a violent seizure and twitched me backwards across the pit lane . .. .  

That right there sums up some of my races!!!  laughwink

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/18/21 6:24 p.m.

Some pics from last night, first race:

Weird grid:

First wall hit:

That turn at the top of the hill is deadly:

Caught a wall:

Pretty much nobody makes the turn at the bottom of the hill:

dean1484
2/18/21 6:26 p.m.

BTW we came to the conclusion we need closer racing so we have loaded up for your driving pleasure Fiat 500's.  No not the new ones the old ones with a blistering 28??? HP.  Ya I know it sounds dumb and it may be but they are fun and should make for some really close racing all be it at 45-50 MPH with the wind at your back running down hill.

I learned with these cars that there is actually an uphill part at the end of the back strait at Nurburgring GP track last night

dean1484
2/18/21 6:28 p.m.

Air you will need to update the first post and we are looking for a sutable track to run.

dean1484
2/18/21 6:31 p.m.

Also we need to do some testing of the V8 Versus V12 cars that Air made. I actually like them!!!  The V12 in particular has fantastic over run crackling. 

And as we all know this is in the name of science.  We are performing a very important public service here.  laugh

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/18/21 6:31 p.m.

2nd race:

A little bit o bumpin' on the straight:

A bit too much bumpin':

Toyota makes a pass for the lead:

An attempt to retake results in a slide:

A bit of tire burning doughnuts:

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/18/21 6:43 p.m.

I love the look of the orange 635i that I was in. That first pic of the second race where we were all together is now my desktop background. Much fun was had.

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YOQS75HXt2wXHQulJ4B8irkS7E2HR59kbZbOQS8rRNgOJ6Vm0jFGKbYlM6xarMo5