1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 160
gencollon
gencollon New Reader
8/2/23 2:13 a.m.

I just did a few laps in the McLaren. I'm a little bit in love heart

I think we've lost something special in more modern GP series.

This needs to come back in some way... Open wheels, big HP, no downforce, no aids, H pattern shifting, and are grooved bias ply tires part of the magic? Or would it be just as good on a modern radial slick?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/2/23 12:30 p.m.

I fully agree.  I think they would be far more entertaining to watch than most other current racing.

I can see and get on both servers posted on Discord BTW, so that should work.   It would be nice to get the Loti on there though. Maybe try reloading those with the updated Lotus I put on the drive if you get a chance.

Everyone else just needs to download the GP Legends pack on in the Testing / Cars folder.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/2/23 12:56 p.m.

Sure I'll re-download and update when I get home later.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/2/23 1:50 p.m.

Air,

Can you all see the server I put up?  It is the BTCC cars  Did we race these already?  I had a preset server set up for this.  But I have not used the PC to set up a server in a very long time.  Others may need the BTCC cars for that to work.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/2/23 2:10 p.m.

Yes, I can see that one.  It's at Nurburgring GT.

dean1484
8/2/23 2:16 p.m.

Nice!!!  

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/2/23 2:19 p.m.

Hey so just to be clear we're not doing a regular race this week, correct? I'll be on either way but just wanted to make sure

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/2/23 2:22 p.m.

All of our races are irregular

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/2/23 2:27 p.m.

Yes, this is effectively an intermission week (rule 1629.3.4a).  No points or handicaps will be given or taken away.

We will be practice racing (because racing is just more fun) at next weeks track, which does demand a bit of practice since it is rather large and will be messing around with some 60's F1 and F3 cars to see if we can handle them (for a potential next series).  I expect them to be a bit challenging, but I also expect them to be rather fun once we get use to them.

All you need is the GT Legends pack on the drive.  It's actually not required, since the league server is still up (same location / link), and we can all still talk even if we are on different servers.  The F1/F3 track link will be on Discord.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/2/23 5:56 p.m.

I think there's something screwed up with the server settings.  I was just on trying to practice and it was giving me 'cut detected' messages and deleting laps for putting two wheels off... on straights.  4 wheels off anywhere generated a cut message and no lap time.  We definitely did not have this happening before...

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/2/23 6:43 p.m.

I've been informed that tonight is family movie night and I will miss...

Besides...

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
8/2/23 6:48 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Penalties are probably set to on, we don't usually have them for pretty much that reason. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/2/23 7:10 p.m.

In reply to e30Matt :

I thought we always had them on for the race, as there was a jump start penalty... but until recently we didn't have laps deleted, and even those that were deleted in the last few race nights weren't for two off on a straight.  At least I don't think they were?  I can't find any specific settings for penalties, maybe they are at the server level?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/2/23 8:13 p.m.

F1 Server link is in the Discord General-Chat thread.  

Regular server is showing down at this point.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/2/23 8:21 p.m.

Saw the Discord message about turning off penalties... that should help for tonight.  I'm guessing there will be plenty of offs... cheeky

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/2/23 10:31 p.m.

Speaking of offs, I am. Thanks for letting me clutter up the joint for a while.

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/3/23 6:42 a.m.

I have to admit I had a blast with the F3 cars, the F1 cars were a bit much to handle. Almost like maybe they should feed people through one before they graduate to the other... that would never work.

In all seriousness great session last night, an open wheeled series would be extremely chaotic, but extremely fun

dean1484
8/3/23 1:16 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Yes that is part of the server setup

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/3/23 1:27 p.m.
Rodan said:

In reply to e30Matt :

I thought we always had them on for the race, as there was a jump start penalty... but until recently we didn't have laps deleted, and even those that were deleted in the last few race nights weren't for two off on a straight.  At least I don't think they were?  I can't find any specific settings for penalties, maybe they are at the server level?

There are jump start penalties & wheel off penalties.

The other lap-miscount scenario you describe isn't actually a penalty but just an error when you fail to cross a sector on the track and it can't count the laptime.  Much more prone to happening on user-made tracks, especially if there is an area to spin well off track there.

smashwinger
smashwinger New Reader
8/3/23 3:28 p.m.

Hey all,
I am very interested in joining this server, how can I find the link for the discord server?

smashwinger said:

Hey all,
I am very interested in joining this server, how can I find the link for the discord server?

Easy button? read the first two posts on the first page. Updated info is there. Also-welcome!

smashwinger
smashwinger New Reader
8/4/23 1:55 a.m.

In reply to gunner (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you! I am in the server now, really excited for my first race!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/4/23 12:25 p.m.

Sadly you JUST missed our Miata series!

Make sure to try out all the cars, some are trickier than others.  Feel free to pick which ever one you feel most comfortable in.  We have a picking rule in this series, but it does not apply to newcomers.  You will be able to switch cars if you like, as long as you are not at the top of the points but be aware you cannot go back to a car you previously used, so pick with that in consideration.

Of note, you can use a car that is in the pack but not on the server if you like, but most of those have been determined to be less competitive, but being comfortable and being able to make it around the track is important also.  If you find one to your liking though, we can add one in.  We have a wide variety of driver lap times at this point, so you will certainly find someone to race with, even if you are not super fast.

smashwinger
smashwinger New Reader
8/4/23 1:57 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

NOOOO, so sad I just missed the miata series. So far i've driven all the TCL cars and i've been feeling most comfortable with the Porsche 911RS, I am excited to see what the pace is for the race!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/4/23 2:34 p.m.

If you want to review some of the action for the Miata series, the review videos start on the page linked below.  Don't get too disturbed by the crashing.  They tend to get highlighted because they tend to produce interesting action (like NASCAR highlights):

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/simulation-central/assetto-corsa-on-pc/198768/page123/

1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JJ5x1Vs4k7gJmUwIsfn6j1kYq9xWWpMh3NEpHBDLO4IbLogyDuCWmIhMOROAxNBu