1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 160
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/16/23 10:22 a.m.

Got some laps in last night and I am really glad I did.  This track looks simple but is not.  I took 10 seconds off my lap times after about an hour of practice.  Now I just need to be able to put 8 laps together.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/16/23 2:53 p.m.
cmcmillin31 said:

My apologies to Sauce for coming back on track too hard during "The Incident" and initiating the spin cycle.  

Dean started it.

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/16/23 2:55 p.m.

What track is tonight?

dean1484
8/16/23 3:31 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

I don't see that there was any contact made by a Red RX3. . . ..    Nope . . . .. .   laugh 

Ok I was a complete mess last week. . . Why I parked it early on in the 2nd race.?  I was just ruining everyone else's day last week.  

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/23 6:20 p.m.

I will finally be able to join tonight after getting the defective new wheel replaced.  Seems all good now.  So you will have a new moving chicane for tonight.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/16/23 6:46 p.m.

I just tried to get a couple of laps in on the server and when I tried to pull out of the pits it launched my car into the sky... literally.  Tumbling and seeing clouds and the track far below!  228mph on the dash display!  I had to ctrl/alt/del to get out.  Restarted content manager and it did the same thing.  Working fine on Single... WTF??

Anyone else having issues?

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/16/23 6:48 p.m.

In reply to cmcmillin31 :

Sugo

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/23 11:03 p.m.
Rodan said:

I just tried to get a couple of laps in on the server and when I tried to pull out of the pits it launched my car into the sky... literally.  Tumbling and seeing clouds and the track far below!  228mph on the dash display!  I had to ctrl/alt/del to get out.  Restarted content manager and it did the same thing.  Working fine on Single... WTF??

Anyone else having issues?

Me, too. I ended up in free fall (or maybe airborne) after punching straight through the inside guardrail on a long right hander. Eventually I was sent back to the pits and given a 30-second "no control input allowed" penalty. Very strange.

Other than that, man was tonight fun. I should have practiced throughout the week. Once we got partway through the second race I felt like I was starting to get a handle on it.

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/16/23 11:08 p.m.

Y'all were probably happy that I was a deaf/mute tonight.  Got to get this stuff sorted out.  I hate Windows 11...  Car was great.  Driver was waaay out of practice.  I assumed that Dean was on a bathroom break when the lights went out for Race 1.

dean1484
8/17/23 1:56 a.m.

That was the reset I think due to some interesting happenings in turn one.  

dean1484
8/17/23 1:59 a.m.

BTW we hit a new attendance record of 17 I think!!!   Again a huge thanks to everyone for showing up.  It is what makes this whole thing work. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
8/17/23 7:17 a.m.

Some great racing last night for sure.  Lots of fun, thanks Dean for putting this together. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/17/23 7:32 a.m.

Great racing last night, and other than the race 1 turn 1 kerfuffle, not many issues considering the car count.  I threw away a good finish in race two with an unforced error on the penultimate lap, but at least I didn't end up in any of the holes in the map during the racing!  Some weird issues with that track!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/17/23 8:10 a.m.

I could have used a lot more practice and maybe 3 mins of advice from Sauce before the races last night.  

I havent had much time to play with sim stuff lately as I am prepping for a move and my hair would be falling out due to stress, if I had hair.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
8/17/23 8:16 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

We are in the middle of moving as well... PITA.  At least we're not under time pressure to get it done, though the 300 mile run to the new house isn't very convenient. 

And yeah, Sauce's tips would have been helpful up front... LOL!

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/17/23 9:27 a.m.

All those off camber turns were tricky last night.  Great racing though, and VIR should also be a lot of fun next week.  If Dean doesn't want any coaching from Colin, I'll take his spot.  I'm getting tired of watching Sauce, Colin, and Pro slowly creep away into the distance LOL!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/17/23 9:39 a.m.

I'd love some coaching as well, but it will have to wait a month or so until I can actually devote any time to this outside of our current wed. shenanigans.  

dean1484
8/17/23 9:52 a.m.

I am all in for any tips I can get. VIR is going to be great fun. The high HP cars are definitly going to be a force to be reckoned with at VIR 

dean1484
8/17/23 10:11 a.m.
Mike924 said:

Some great racing last night for sure.  Lots of fun, thanks Dean for putting this together. 

Well others deserve more credit than I do. Pro And Air have both been instrumental in getting this off the ground. Sauce also has been a voice of reason through all this. They are all continually doing things behind the scenes. I just host and maintain the server. 

Also huge respect to Brad. Most people don't know this but he actually started this whole thing here on GRM at least 15-18 years ago. Maybe more. It is his vision and mission statement for the GRM sim racing group that is still the driving force behind all this.   

I know it probably sounds a little sappy when I say it is everyone showing up that really makes this happen but it is just that. It really does.  You can't have a race with one person. 

Also it is fun to get together once a week and chat with everyone. For me that is a equally fun part of it.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/17/23 1:00 p.m.

Yes, it is interesting how much better the racing was last night than last week.   It's not like it was bad last week (except for "The Incident") it just wasn't very interesting.  There certainly was some bumping last night, and I will get into the replays and get to the bottom of the reality of it (THANKFULLY I have full editing control!! wink).

I did learn though, if your suspension tangles (as happens sometimes in AC), get yourself kicked to the pits (driving backward, safely, seems to be the best way).

Smaller tracks do seem to generate better racing, as long as they are decently wide.

I am considering a car swap next week....  I never did like radiators.... but I also like Doritos and the smell of oil... or maybe some nice burl wood?....

dean1484
8/17/23 1:16 p.m.

I am also thinking a change to something BIG and German could be fun. I will need to look at the tracks that are up coming to see how that would work.  But German V8 goodness is lots of fun.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/17/23 10:39 p.m.

Results and Standings.  Notable is that Sauce and Colin ended up tied for points but Sauce finished higher in the first race, so he gets first.  Reasonably close 2nd through 6th.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/17/23 10:46 p.m.

OK.... so.... NO ONE is going to believe this.. but my replays did not save!    It didn't even save my practice (which I had to kill the app to get out of because I was in the nether region).  It did get the practice races we had after though.  Strange.

Does anyone have the replays saved?  Dean?  If you can put them up in the transfer folder I can generate some highlights.

It certainly would be a tragedy not to get to the bottom of all that bumping last night!.....

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/17/23 11:01 p.m.

1 of mine saved.  Uploading to transfer folder now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
8/17/23 11:28 p.m.

Oh damm!   I mean... Oh good.  Thanks.

1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QMdCDxYrL2G2jturK2yMvyUZTrh1Ltcwn7CTTa5rleq70p8oL3EeC6rohP0xhYQJ