9/7/23 11:16 p.m.
aircooled said: 

Dean dunt do the maths

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/23 1:58 a.m.
DarkMonohue said:
aircooled said:

As noted, I think the rolling re-start can work, if done as outlined above, ONLY two people talking, the lead and the rear.

The primary issue we seemed to have last night is not being knowing who to listen to, and/or being able to hear them because we were talking over ourselves.

It should be the host's prerogative to call "line clear" or "10-3" or whatever to silence all the extraneous radio chatter. That would go a long way toward making sure we all hear what we need to hear.

We could roll call through the field with each person stating they are ready. Then the person at the back calling the back of the field ready and then at their discretion doing a 3,2,1,go. Or I can do it once I hear that the back of the field calls that the back of the field is ready. 

dean1484
9/8/23 2:01 a.m.

We will test some of this this Wednesday

dean1484
9/8/23 2:02 a.m.

Also I have 4 cars to test but we could do with a couple more backups should we cut testing of a car short if is just that bad.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/8/23 12:33 p.m.
dean1484 said:

t should be the host's prerogative to call "line clear" or "10-3" or whatever to silence all the extraneous radio chatter. That would go a long way toward making sure we all hear what we need to hear.

We could roll call through the field with each person stating they are ready. Then the person at the back calling the back of the field ready and then at their discretion doing a 3,2,1,go. Or I can do it once I hear that the back of the field calls that the back of the field is ready. 

Now we just need the dramatic music:

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/8/23 1:18 p.m.
dean1484 said:
DarkMonohue said:
aircooled said:

As noted, I think the rolling re-start can work, if done as outlined above, ONLY two people talking, the lead and the rear.

The primary issue we seemed to have last night is not being knowing who to listen to, and/or being able to hear them because we were talking over ourselves.

It should be the host's prerogative to call "line clear" or "10-3" or whatever to silence all the extraneous radio chatter. That would go a long way toward making sure we all hear what we need to hear.

If its going to be this complex, just stick to standard grid or even random grid.

OR

force the grid

OR 

use a plugin to facilitate the rolling start

Self administered should be a last resort.

Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/8/23 4:03 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
dean1484 said:
DarkMonohue said:
aircooled said:

If its going to be this complex, just stick to standard grid or even random grid.

OR

force the grid

OR 

use a plugin to facilitate the rolling start

Self administered should be a last resort.

Personally I really like the idea of a plug-in doing it especially if it's done server side so that new folks don't have to have that plug-in installed for it to still work

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/8/23 10:57 p.m.

Results and Standings:  Sauces appearance did drop him a HC, so that was nice.  2 races left and 12 points behind, Pro will need some very good finishes, and Colin some bad ones. 3-7 is still pretty close, but Skid seems to be on a roll.

9/8/23 11:32 p.m.

Looks like Moto somehow double entered into race 2?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/23 12:23 a.m.

OK, thanks. The second one is supposed to be Sauce.  It does move Sauce up a bit to 10th, but not into the points, so no effect.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/9/23 1:04 p.m.

Doubtful I will participate this coming week.   It looks like I've only missed one race so far.  How many drops do we get?  2?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/23 2:49 p.m.

We are setup for one drop.  Next week does not count, so if you make the two weeks after, you will have the maximum races.

Checking, it looks like Dean still has a 1 for a drop.  

BTW - if you are wondering why so many have no drops, it's not necessarily attendance, just that if you finish out of the points, your lowest finish place is a zero, so nothing to subtract, which is effectively the same.

And.... since Colin still has a 2 drop, he is actually at 58, so the spread is only 10 points!

[Colin begins to sweat....]

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/9/23 7:06 p.m.

A few pics.

Did you ever go to a road race and a rally race breaks out?:

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/11/23 7:56 a.m.

Who ever said that the 911 was not a good rally car has not seen the picture above.  LOL 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/11/23 1:45 p.m.

Also a fun if you keep it on the black stuff:

9/11/23 6:17 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

By far the coolest automotive picture I'll ever be involved in and it's not even a real car!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/11/23 9:56 p.m.

Some highlights. Nothing terribly exciting or bad.  It looked like one case of "not waiting" though.

Warning: may not be suitable for sensitive viewers.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/11/23 10:09 p.m.

Love the "Violent Content".  That made me roll quite alot. 

Great video as always Air

9/12/23 7:31 a.m.

Great video! Glad to not make it into the incident review this week and instead only get shown off punting Mike into the shadow realm and accidentally forcing him into vehicular manslaughter, and then doing a quick check if the tire walls were solid for science.

I am very proud of my race 1 start (more proud of that than the race 2 win, honestly) so thank you also for focusing on my car for that!

09Unwound
09Unwound New Reader
9/12/23 9:07 a.m.
  1. The Gte Lite by next level racing is on sale for 40 bucks. it's the front and side mount edition and I'm racing with a G290 should i get it and just cut out a piece of metal drill some holes and mount that instead of the front and side mounts? Then I will have mounts that fit a new wheel later on.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/23 7:55 p.m.
aircooled said:

Some highlights. Nothing terribly exciting or bad.  It looked like one case of "not waiting" though.

Guilty. Reference previous string of excuses about lack of crowd control and failure to maintain SA. After the fact I wondered whether I had the presence of mind to wait for Dean or not, and sure enough, I did not. My apologies again for unnecessary roughness. 

This is getting embarrassing...

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
9/12/23 8:35 p.m.

I'm out for tomorrow night.  Will be doing some real-life track instruction.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/13/23 8:40 a.m.

I am hoping to make the race tonight, but cannot promise anything.  Having dinner out with my wife for our anniversary. 

Enjopy if I am not there.

Mike

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
9/13/23 8:49 a.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

Happy Anniversary!

dean1484
9/13/23 1:15 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

Congrats!!!!