1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 160
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/23 10:11 p.m.

If you want to feel better about how our races go, check this out, looks a lot like one of ours including a dead car at the start and a car spinning into the grass and then spinning more trying to get back out cheeky

Edit: Also a huge disaster at the 36min mark!

BradLTL
BradLTL GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/16/23 12:53 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

There were several races that looked like our *highlights".

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/23 12:39 a.m.

Testing this week went really well. We came up with several cars that I think will be possible single make series. 

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
9/18/23 2:49 p.m.

So I missed a bit of convo, but I was thinking about this last time... I think we could do a nascar style rolling start.

We would use the first lap to get the grid order and pace (50mph?) the lap (in single file). Once everyone is on the last straight, we can slowly speed up, but you can't pass or break formation until you cross the start line.

The race would have to be 18ish minutes and just use the first 3 minutes to get the grid order and make a lap.

dean1484
9/18/23 3:02 p.m.
Celisuzu said:

So I missed a bit of convo, but I was thinking about this last time... I think we could do a nascar style rolling start.

We would use the first lap to get the grid order and pace (50mph?) the lap (in single file). Once everyone is on the last straight, we can slowly speed up, but you can't pass or break formation until you cross the start line.

The race would have to be 18ish minutes and just use the first 3 minutes to get the grid order and make a lap.

I am going to chalk up the other night to a bad track and things just getting screwed up.  Moving forward I am going to implement the SOL ruel and that is if I have to restart everyone is SOL and we just race.   We would end up spending so much time trying to get things "right" that it becomes not fun.  We may have to look at getting away from the reverse grid altogether or may be only revers the top 5 drivers or something like that.  (I think there is a setting for that)

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
9/18/23 3:54 p.m.

The real SOL rule would be not having a restart at all. If people crash, they deal with it.

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
9/18/23 6:38 p.m.

I think part of the issue with this series is how much better the 911 is off the line compared to everything else.  It creates even more side by side action in the first few corners since they are always moving up the grid, and especially when things get to 3 wide on tracks like the ones we've been running there's going to be fireworks.  A rolling start would alleviate that but I don't think is worth the effort.  

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
9/18/23 9:45 p.m.

I think a rolling start would be fun, but it is a lot easier if we just don't worry about it.

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
9/18/23 9:45 p.m.

Btw... any chance we can get a Fujiwara livery for the AMG?

Celisuzu
Celisuzu New Reader
9/18/23 9:46 p.m.

(Just for this track)

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/18/23 10:52 p.m.

I am back from Reno (I will put up a post on it soon in the General forum, with lots of pics).  As I told my wife, it never hits the news unless something bad happens.  Well... it's in the news.

Colin said he was heading there, then something about Lake Tahoe, then nothing.  So, he may have driven his motorcycle into lake Tahoe.  It's very deep....

And... looks like I have a work thing tomorrow night, so I won't be able to make the race, but if you save the replays, and get me the finish order (or I can get them off the replay), I can get the results up by Thursday night.

dean1484
9/18/23 11:28 p.m.

Tomorow is Tuesday air. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/18/23 11:44 p.m.

Hey, it's been a long day (left Reno at 7am, got home around 5pm) no work thing tomorrow, but I do have one on Wednesday, so same issue.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
9/19/23 9:47 a.m.

Sad to hear about Reno.  That was one of my bucket list trips that just never happened, and it's terrible that the final races there will end in tragedy.  

I'm on the road this week, so I'm out for tomorrow night as well.  In fact, I probably won't be back for the remainder of this series.  Couldn't fit the sim rig in the RV... cheeky

dean1484
9/20/23 8:15 a.m.

This track is a very high risk high reward track. There are elements of Goodwood in it.  There are several places that if you are going to try side by side racing there will have to be a lot of cooperation. It is extremely easy to use all the track and run the person on the outside off the track.   The track feels like there is all kinds of camber change off line.  

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/20/23 9:09 a.m.

This track is going to keep our attention and ensure that we be on our A+ Game tonight.  These older cars have a tendency to push and when driven hard, as Dean said we may see some bumping and banging.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/20/23 9:25 a.m.

Yeah I definitely should spend some time tuning the Ford Econobox.  It pushes on sweepers and its killing me.  I rarely have a lot of success tuning in AC though.

dean1484
9/20/23 2:20 p.m.

Bar adjustments seem to work but they are usually not granular enough.  I also messed with ride hight last night with mixed results.

cmcmillin31
cmcmillin31 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/20/23 5:20 p.m.

I'm in for tonight, and I want to switch to the 911.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/20/23 6:28 p.m.

I'm in tonight but hard stop at 10 for me I think 

dean1484
9/20/23 11:39 p.m.

Thanks everyone for showing up!!   The racing was really good.  Air I hope will see the results I put in the Google Drive and can update things and give me the HC changes.

dean1484
9/21/23 9:21 a.m.
Celisuzu said:

Btw... any chance we can get a Fujiwara livery for the AMG?

The answer is it can be done but it requires the car files on the server and everyone else that is racing have to be updated.  Probibly not a thing as a one off but we have done custom livery's for cars for a series. 

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/21/23 2:43 p.m.

Quite the wild ride for me last night, I must say.  Two good starts, but the 911 is easy to get off the line, and I tried very hard each time to not get too crazy.  Even still I dropped to the back each race after 3 or 4 corners.  From there it was a battle to get back to the front.  Race 1 not gonna happen, tried to hard, pushed to hard and well that bit me.  Race 2 a bit better, with the attrition and everything, I did get up to 4th and was fighting with the top 3 only to have my ping sky rocket from 69 to 400!!! This brought me into very close contact with everyone and in the end I think I got 6th out of that race.  

Great running on a tougher than one would think track.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/21/23 9:52 p.m.

Results and Standings:  Looks like Colin has locked up 1st (worst he can finish with is 64).  2nd is a close race (if Drillin can deal with the HC).  4th place is VERY close.

dean1484
9/23/23 8:37 a.m.

I have not raced the riverside short track so this should be interesting this week. 

We also need to be thinking about the next series. I shave several cars that we tested last week that were ok.  I am thinking the next series should be a single make car that is over all faster than the current series with modern tires and handling. 

1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z3AQ5ExGsKMZGEMVHYXvCZglnI7cNBKNzRXQid6Y3QaOrgbkULixNL9pzvmVtVGs