1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 160
Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/27/23 12:28 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Hey, I believe I too have made every race!  Not that my points show I have !  :LOL

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/27/23 11:36 p.m.

That was some fine racing tonight, gentlemen. 

Except for mine. Mine was crap racing.

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
9/28/23 10:49 a.m.

Thanks everyone for another great season. With mostly exceptional and also novice racers here its  been a very accepting and magnanimous place to be. Incremental progress on this end. The TC_legends series was especially liked. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/23 11:23 a.m.

DarkMonohue was asking for some tips for the Riverside short course last night but I was busy trying to figure out why the BARC trucks were mangling my AC config files (game may need an update, I'm on 1.16.3 and 1.16.4 is the latest). Here are the tricks I think were giving me an advantage:

- Coming out of the banked turn at the end and going onto the start/finish straight, I think a lot of people were taking the leftward curve too wide. I stuck to the inside just to shorten the distance, I don't think taking that one wide helps anywhere else. You should be coming out of the banked turn as close to the wall on the left as possible.

- Going into the twisties from the start/finish straight, try to get into the highest gear you can and keep your speed up, I found that in the 2002 with default gearing I could take the first turn in 5th with just a little braking. Try to stay flat on the gas as much as possible through the rest, use the curbs or even some dirt.

- At the end of the twisties I noticed people braking too gently and early on the uphill section leading to the 180deg right turn. I would use a little braking and drop to 4th for the corner before the uphill, then brake hard on the uphill while downshifting to 3rd and then 2nd just before entering the corner.

- On the left 180deg turn that has an uphill & downhill just before it, the outer part of this corner seems to be a bit off-camber and the inside line is faster, Dean noticed the same thing. I suspect the following right-hander that cuts onto the back straight is the same.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/28/23 12:49 p.m.

An amazingly clean race I have to say.   I think if someone used the 911, it might have worked out.  The Mustang was still able to jump ahead of a few cars at the start, and once in front it was hard to pass.  I did end up three wide into the first kink in the second race, which was a bit scary.  I was trying to look at the two red cars in my radar (which I could not see in my forward view) and the track at the same time.  It did work out as I backed off for the 2nd corner and the inside car took the lead.

I do want to look at the point where I was involved in a close race with two other cars, and I managed to pull my wheel off the stand!  I drove straight off the track, but I think I drove right in front of someone.

I don't know if there are any lessons to be learned.  The track is rather narrow in many places (which is normally bad), but also seems to lack the heavy braking zones that can cause issues, especially with cars with differing braking (e.g. Mustang and AMG).  Maybe we are just getting better at this.

Also, I did notice 914 seemed to be noticeable faster in this race! (he will normally get lapped).  Probably the classic track, must be his style!

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
9/28/23 1:22 p.m.

As we are all on this, last night's racing was really great.  Well done all.  This last race brought out the best in all of us I think.  I initially swapped out of the 911 because there were just so many being run.  I did manage to get the Toyota into a competitive state, but my ping was horrible last night, so I was letting off early and making sure I gave lots of room, this actually cost me and I spun more than I wanted to as I was driving in a style that I do not normally use.  In the end I still had good showings and was running with the pack most of the time. 

Great mod, lets keep the numbers and racing caliber up.

Mike

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/28/23 1:26 p.m.
Mike924 said:

In reply to aircooled :

Hey, I believe I too have made every race!  Not that my points show I have !  :LOL

Yeah, you pretty much get what you pay for here!

Everyone really needs to check the points and scores when they come out.  It's all hand done, and mostly hand calculated.... so plenty of potential for error!

e30Matt
e30Matt SuperDork
9/28/23 5:20 p.m.

I had planned to make the race last night but have had a sick kid at home all week and I had work I had to catch up on. Hopefully it'll be business as usual next week. 

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/23 2:27 a.m.

So Colin recommended to me a "car" set that I think will be really good for at least a short season. 

GameboyRMH
9/29/23 4:14 p.m.

Be careful when trying out the BARC trucks, they are reproducibly messing up my config files and preventing AC from launching to the main menu. The changelog from v1.16.3 to 1.16.4 shows that it only fixes an image preview issue for cars installed through Steam.

It may have something to do with the other cars I have installed. AC keeps a rolling set of backups of your config files, but it rolls them over whether it gets to the main menu successfully or not, so if you do have launch issues don't retry too many times or it could overwrite all your working backup configs with a broken set of files.

dean1484
9/29/23 4:47 p.m.

Yikes. . . .   Hmmmm   I have not had the issue.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/30/23 1:20 p.m.
Mike924 said:

In reply to aircooled :

OK, I see it now.  Yes, you did make every race, but if you ever finish out of the points, it's effectively the same as missing a race (you will loose HC though), which you did in the first race, so I don't bother tracking drops after that.  That's why a LOT of the drops disappeared rather quickly.

One reason why we want to expand the points spread, to provide more of a reward for showing up and be a bit less punishing for those finishing lower, although, that could also be seen as making it more punishing for finishing towards the bottom.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/30/23 1:28 p.m.

Final race results and final standings:  Colin, as we already knew, gets the championship win.  Stretching out his points lead even more with a second place.  Drillin gets a well deserved 2nd after a rather impressive late season run, even without showing up for the final race.  Darwin also missed the last race, which could have allowed him to pass Drillin.

Gameboy makes a a big move in the last race taking the hotly contested 4th place.  Sauce edges out Dean for 5th with Deans drop.  Also, a significant jump for Celisuzu with his last race win, almost stealing 10th from me if I would not have done as well as I did in this race.

Overall, I think a fun yet challenging series, that, I think, resulted in better racing by the end.

No news on the last two seasons t-shirts (they are supposed to be available from GRM).  I can post them up if we want to allow people to order them form the sight Dean was getting from (I think many may like last seasons at least as a general interest shirt).  I can probably come up with something cool from this season, but lots of cool cars to choose from.... but then again... a 911 did do most of the winning... and I like 911's.....  ( don't worry, it won't be: "911 drivers like it in the rear" laugh )

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/30/23 4:48 p.m.

dean1484
10/3/23 9:18 a.m.

Any car ideas that people want to test?   I have a couple that I want to re visit frome a couple weeks ago.  

dean1484
10/3/23 9:21 a.m.

@Aircooled

I need to see where we are with the shirts.  I think I will just put the current ones that need to be put up on the t-shirt site and get those out to Colin and Sauce and then moving forward we can get things going with Tom.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/3/23 9:57 p.m.

Some highlights from the last race.  Not really any incidents, so mostly just some racing.  Of note, when my wheel feel off, I should have made it clear not to stop for me since although it looks a bit like I was pit maneuvered around, it was simply a lack of steering that put me into the BMW's front end.

dean1484
10/4/23 11:56 a.m.

So tonight is car testing/selection night.  I have some in the testing folder.  Also if there are other cars that people want to test let me know.  Kunos cars are better since people don't need to download them and installl them but if you have one that you can upload before we start people can pull things down at the beginning.  Also if people have not downloaded the stuff in the testing folder try and get it before we start if you can!!

The goal is to have a car selected for a series at the end of tonight.  IF we are not sure on a car I will pick one and we can do a short series.  4-6 races maybe?

See you all tonight!!!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/4/23 2:17 p.m.

I looked around a bit for some cars, but they were either drift cars (not a good idea) or behind a paywall.  I did see what looked like a cool car, but it's an early 60's Ferrari race car, and we just did something similar.

I could put up the Yugo race car I found a while ago....

dean1484
10/5/23 9:40 a.m.

Track list. The series will start next week. we will be using the LH Radical. 

Road Atlanta

BridgeHampton

Willow Springs

NJMP

Atlanta Motorsports Park

COTA

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/5/23 12:06 p.m.

Is the Radical a game supplied car?  Or is it on the download site?

GameboyRMH
10/5/23 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Mike924 :

That one's an addon, it was left in the assets share.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
10/5/23 1:53 p.m.

I finally installed Assetto on my PC, still need to try mods out and get my controller to be a bit less twitchy. Lots of fun tho

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
10/5/23 1:54 p.m.

I put a copy in the Season 11 Cars folder.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
10/6/23 8:03 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Thanks Air.  I will be downloading that today.

1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pPAOpoCHwA3a7dSliR9gSWP7HHLz8GvpmmWL3QzVSksLLVkjWgpiAOJcdYhN4thd