1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 160
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter)
Sk1dmark (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/2/23 5:23 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I was definitely guilty of this once or twice last night. For me it was honestly just the difficulty of adjusting braking point for being off line. I need to get more practice in racing off the line so I can know how much extra distance I need to stop and maintain a safe corner going 2 wide 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/2/23 5:32 p.m.

Hopefully I did not violate anyone in that fashion (or any other fashion, ideally) last night. Had more than a few corners where I just could not get the car to tighten its line and ended up running wider than intended and not carrying enough speed to know I was safely out of the way.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
11/3/23 11:02 a.m.

Definitely an area that I have been working on for a while.  Driving in a group and battling for position is where I used to have big issues.  Wednesday nights racing I was working hard, especially in corner 1 to give room for the faster guys as they were coming through to make sure no contact was made.  Time will tell, as well as Air's video montage of the races.  Great hard racing is always fun.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/4/23 8:06 a.m.

There was only one case that I remember where it caused the outside car to crash. Most times it was two wheels off but everyone survived. 

All in all it was great racing. Really fun to watch and see it unfold live. There were some great battles.  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/4/23 9:56 a.m.

Yeah I got destroyed in T2 on the second race I think?  Not ideal, but I berkeleyed up my own race in countless other ways so it doesnt matter to me.

dean1484
11/4/23 5:02 p.m.

Getting to watch it was really fun. The quality of everyone's driving is really good!!!  I don't have a problem going side by side with anyone. We as a group have really upped our race craft. It is really great to see this!!  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/5/23 12:18 a.m.

Some highlights.  In the Not Sure section, I was uncertain how I managed to hit the car off in front of me and only realized with the replay that he did a nice slide that not only slowed him down, but moved him toward me.  I don't think it was my fault in that case but, not sure.  The Pass For The Win... part is a bit of a question.  I suspect the car should have stopped and waited.  Fortunately it would have not made any difference in the standings, Colin would have won either way.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/5/23 2:23 p.m.

Hmmm, for some reason, I cannot edit the post above.    I just wanted to add, in the Take a Lap segment, Racebricks speed through the first corner (end of clip) is very evident.  Obviously a key to speed on that track.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/5/23 8:25 p.m.

Definitely something wrong with this thread.  Can anyone else edit old posts here?  I see a grayed out Edit button.  It does work in other threads though.

Anyway, wanted to thank Gameboy for his Discord post on AC weight distribution adjustment that I just noticed.  WAY easier then I was told it was.  Still not super easy of course.

https://youtu.be/UJyRgiADG28

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/6/23 2:12 a.m.

My edit button is greyed out as well...

I've also had a lot of weirdness with thread notifications this weekend... posts not there, double notifications, etc.

dean1484
11/6/23 7:58 a.m.

Nope. Same here. No edit button. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/6/23 10:19 a.m.

Looks like the edit button thing is not just this thread.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/6/23 10:23 a.m.

Edit now goes away after 2 hours of OP. Keeps scammers from coming back and editing posts to include spam/crap.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/6/23 10:24 a.m.

More incentive to just use Discord as the primary means of communication for this.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/6/23 10:26 a.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Bummer.  The unlimited edit was one of the few good things about this forum software, especially if you have long term build threads.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
11/6/23 11:22 a.m.

In reply to aircooled :

Wow the video almost makes it look like I know what I am doing with these cars!!.  Great video Air.

As for the edit of old posts, haven't tried, but if I said it, I guess I meant it!  LOL

dean1484
11/6/23 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Rodan :

Ya I have updated posts that were much older than 2 hours that is for sure.  That is going to greatly change the dynamic of this board.

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/6/23 7:40 p.m.

Got my sim rig set up in the new house.  It's still surrounded by boxes and crap, but I should be race-ready.  Going to try to practice a bit later tonight.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/6/23 9:08 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Yeah, it pretty much kills the utility of this single thread.  I cannot update the first post anymore to show the current season, or add links to previous seasons, or update rules, or setup suggestions.

The only option is to copy the first two posts to every new season thread.  One thread is a lot cleaner of course, and far easier to peruse history.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/6/23 11:16 p.m.
aircooled said:

In reply to dean1484 :

Yeah, it pretty much kills the utility of this single thread.  I cannot update the first post anymore to show the current season, or add links to previous seasons, or update rules, or setup suggestions.

The only option is to copy the first two posts to every new season thread.  One thread is a lot cleaner of course, and far easier to peruse history.

If only there was another tool we all had access to that was a better, more flexible platform for this type of thing.  Maybe even one where we controlled the administrative aspects....

IMO this thread is a valuable recruiting tool, but an inferior onging engagement tool.

dean1484
11/6/23 11:26 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
aircooled said:

In reply to dean1484 :

If only there was another tool we all had access to that was a better, more flexible platform for this type of thing.  Maybe even one where we controlled the administrative aspects....

IMO this thread is a valuable recruiting tool, but an inferior onging engagement tool.

You ain't wrong Pro.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/7/23 12:36 p.m.

We are getting close to finishing up with this season, which means, talk of next season.

I have heard talk of a P71 model out there.... clearly has some interesting potential for livery fun.... 

One concept I had was we each use a livery of the closest large city, except for Sauce... Sauce gets a Vermont State Trooper car.  cheeky

Here is a link to some other options.  I am of course a bit partial to the 71 Dodge Monaco.  Car links in the description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BIv8lTTZc&ab_channel=SirSpatsGaming

dean1484
11/7/23 1:00 p.m.

Ohhhh  I will use the MA State poliece BUT around here the ford explorer is the vehicle of choice for the police

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/7/23 1:57 p.m.

Yeah, no way we are going with current designs.  A LOT of those are SUV's now.  We need to be at least a bit retro.

Colin and I can argue over LAPD or CHP.  The advantage of going LAPD is if you pass a car, you get to beat the crap out of it.....  laugh

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/7/23 2:26 p.m.

The new Exploders will smoke a Crown Vic around the track.  I was a driving instructor at our regional academy, so I have a bit of seat time in both... laugh

+1 for retro if we can find the cars.  

1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JwHAdttr696Nnloyxe6OyWHn2L3bOESlX0DAc3ZVfwISId3tpD0MFYua4a84PekO