1 ... 157 158 159 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/17/23 6:19 p.m.

FYI - The Logitech G29 Wheel and Pedal set are on sale in various places for $200.  They do not appear to have the shifter.  Aftermarket shifters are certainly available.  I have two of the stock (G27) shifters available (which I am pretty certain will work fine with a G29) if anyone wants one.  The stock shifter is not terribly realistic, but it is easy to shift quickly.

https://slickdeals.net/f/17069809-logitech-driving-force-racing-wheel-pedals-g29-ps4-5-pc-mac-or-g920-xbox-series-s-x-one-pc-200-free-shipping?src=frontpage_recombee_fallback

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/18/23 10:36 p.m.

Final Standings:  Colin pulls out a win with a 3rd place finish.  Sauce has a strong finish and takes 2nd even with his missed race (drop) and his 9th place finish in the 4th race.  Racebrick takes a 3nd even with his 8th place finish, which becomes his drop (he uses one of his 5th place finishes).    Gameboy faulters a bit in the final race and looses the potential for a podium finish.

Let me know if you see any issues.... maths is hurd.

Here is the Season chart used to calculate totals and drops for reference:

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/23 1:17 a.m.

Great testing tonight!!!  Thanks to those that showed up. We have a short list of cars to play with this Wednesday.  All cars tested are in the cars folder in the testing section on the google drive. 

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/20/23 4:14 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

There's a LOT of content in the testing folder right now... which cars/tracks should we have for Wednesday?

dean1484
11/20/23 11:25 p.m.
Rodan said:

In reply to dean1484 :

There's a LOT of content in the testing folder right now... which cars/tracks should we have for Wednesday?

I have not made up my mind yet. I would like to test as much of it as possible.  

dean1484
11/20/23 11:29 p.m.

I was also thinking we just do some 2-4 week races sessions with cars that I have in the testing folder. Or there is a car pack up there that I need to test more but my initial look at them is the Honda is a ringer. Or more like it is the easiest car to jump in and be fast. I would also probably eliminate the BMW because it is not a FF car and would most likely get much better starts.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/21/23 12:39 a.m.

Highlights from last race.  A pretty damn clean race in general.  The battle between Sauce and Colin was interesting to watch.

dean1484
11/21/23 8:32 a.m.

Great video Air!!!

dean1484
11/22/23 9:55 a.m.

Ok head count for tonight. Who is showing up?  

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/22/23 10:46 a.m.

Im 90% if we are having a race.

If we are just berkeleying around, 50%

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
11/22/23 12:00 p.m.

I'll be on.

I downloaded the BTCC cars, Mustang and 914/6.  Hope that's what we need for tonight?

dean1484
11/22/23 1:02 p.m.

I would like to try various cars. Do a shortened format of say a 10-15 min practice and strait in to a 4 lap race. Rinse and repeat. Going to keep the track the same so we are not dealing with that unless we want to test somthing on a short or long track. 

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/22/23 1:04 p.m.

I'll try to be there. Still fighting this infernal cough and congestion, running on pretty poor sleep, but I'll try.

dean1484
11/22/23 1:05 p.m.

Really it comes down to doing a BTCC series or we pick one of the other cars (or a BTCC car) and we do a short 2-4 week series (maybe two three week sprint series and then we get back to the longer series after the new year.  

The only change to that would be if we like the shorter series format we can continue with that.  

dean1484
11/22/23 1:06 p.m.

Oh and as far as I can tell the Honda in the BTCC cars is the ringer car. I am 2 seconds faster in it at GPD. It will probibly be eliminated or it will start with a weight HC in base form. That is unless you all test things and are as fast in the other cars. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/22/23 3:36 p.m.

I am likely out for tonight.  I do have some "special prizes" (probably 5) that I can hand out again.  Dean can provide details, they will be in effect:  Monday, Dec. 4 – Sunday, Dec. 17

I will check in again next week and finalize the list.  I can add names up the 9th if necessary.  I just need a name and an email to send it to.

dean1484
11/26/23 8:36 a.m.

So I will be choosing next weeks car tonight. I was thinking of re visiting a series we did years ago. We raced the BMW M5 in GT 5 or 6. It was great fun. I want to see if there is a M5 similar to that in AC. Maybe add sticker tires to it. I will see.   

DarkMonohue
11/26/23 12:03 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I might want to talk to you, or anybody else who knows their way around, about how to modify these cars. I've been looking at a few that might make for either a fun spec series or a very entertaining special event. Some of them are pretty good but have something that could be improved, like exterior engine sound, etc.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/23 4:00 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Sounds are one of the hardest things to mod on a car in AC, especially if you want to add new sounds or bring in sounds from another car. One thing I was able to do fairly easily was copy sounds from the same car. On my custom virtual Toyobaru the exterior sound had a loud Subie rumble noise like my real car, but the interior sound was a quiet inline-like noise like a stock model. So by swapping some GUIDs I was able to replace the interior sound with the exterior sound, it still sounds more muffled in the interior as it should, so it should be possible to do the reverse as well.

moto914
moto914 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/27/23 5:16 p.m.

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Hi. My 914-4 is similar to the stock 914-6 for AC. Wanted the engine of the AC 914 to sound like a modded 914-4 w/ITBs, so used a 356 sound instead. Used content manager, -> the content tab at top then selected the car and clicked the replace sound at the bottom. 

DarkMonohue
11/27/23 6:06 p.m.

Thanks, guys. I've half-watched a video on how to do it. Looks like there's a lot that can be tweaked if you get into actually editing the sounds. I have downloaded a whole mess of cars in hopes of finding one with the exterior engine sounds I want. Success has been mixed. If we can actually shape and mix the sounds at all, rather than just replace files, then we may end up with a pretty good result.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/29/23 12:08 p.m.

Have we figured out a car?  Is there a nasty sounding M5 in our future?

If not, I do have a few other cars to throw in if needed.  A super Bug (not sure if it's a V8 or not) and the 289 Cobra (both of which we have at least tried before).

Also, if you take a look around your garage and find your self in need of some things, let me know, I have some "prizes" to give out.  

dean1484
11/29/23 3:31 p.m.

Yes the Mustang GT will be the car for the next 3-4 weeks (unless we get sick of it)  The track is what is on the server at the moment.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
11/29/23 4:27 p.m.

OK, cool.   I will see if I can find a track that is just an exit from a Cars and Coffee parking lot and we can see who can get out of the parking lot without getting wrapped around a tree!

dean1484
11/30/23 1:57 a.m.

Mustang V 1.02 is up on the google drive in the season 12 cars folder. It is much better while still being a street car. It is what is up on the server

1 ... 157 158 159 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6hyjYoiroPjoBdon6brPXjBVhiDZthMaToj8veFNQcVUFOR05Ni1gt7Hq7leDBWs