1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/24/21 5:04 p.m.

Yeah, it's a pretty obvious conclusion.  Those are stock, as installed in cars, power numbers.  The 454 makes way more power and has a fatter torque curve.  It's just a bigger motor.  The only question was if the extra torque would overpower the stock tires making it hard to drive, but the very good weight distribution (almost 50/50) makes that pretty unlikely.

Now... if you took those same engines, with stock internals, and set them up to make maximum NA power...

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/24/21 7:27 p.m.

Ah, for some reason I thought you took the 454 SS motor and the Group A Jag Motor, which are both ~500hp.

When I preview the car it doesn't show power information: 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/24/21 7:41 p.m.

FWIW, I ran a 1:17.2 with this beast.  No brakes!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/25/21 7:19 a.m.

That wad great fun last night. The M3 racing was great fun!!!

dean1484
2/25/21 7:22 a.m.

I hope we can somehow capture that final lap with three wide in to the last corner. A bit of pinball action made it interesting. 

dean1484
2/25/21 7:29 a.m.

I may have a way to get video all in the pc. Not sure if it gets sound or not. windows 10 has a utility for it in the game bar. I have never messed with this. 

https://betanews.com/2019/01/14/windows-10-screen-recorder-ultility/

wae
wae PowerDork
2/25/21 7:32 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

I don't know how the stewards will rule officially, but I'm going to have to go with "racing incident" on that one laugh

dean1484
2/25/21 8:15 a.m.

Posted up a thread in the main forum with clips made with the windows screen capture from the replay

dean1484
2/25/21 12:08 p.m.
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 1:08 p.m.

I'm wondering if I should adjust the power tables for the ND to make an ND2 Miata.  Should be closer to the E30 and BRZ.  Or maybe adjust the power tables to make standard US Spec E30M3.

ending all ND1 vs. ND2 debates - Page 2 - MX-5 Miata Forum

dean1484
2/25/21 1:18 p.m.

I think if I record while we are racing I will get all the conversations we are having and I can still then go back and get the replay vid.  I can then edit it all  together and make a really cool race broadcast video.  The down side is that doing that plus the server plus me racing will probably max out the little compute of mine.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 1:23 p.m.

Audio only recording of Discord through OBS should have very low requirements.

Then you can play back the replay @ max quality settings and record.

Then combine the two.

Could be a lot of work though.

wae
wae PowerDork
2/25/21 4:47 p.m.

This is weird....  Everything was fine last night and I didn't shut down or reboot or install or knowingly change anything, but today I can't get the game to load:

Anybody seen that before?  I've tried turning it off and on again and fiddling with the video settings with no luck.  Happens in multiplayer and single player mode and whether I launch the game from Content Manager or Steam.  I guess my next step is to uninstall/re-install.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 5:04 p.m.

Did you try a car other than the Z4?  The Z4 gave me issues with the shader patch.  You can turn the shader patch off, or run a different car.

dean1484
2/25/21 5:05 p.m.

I had a game crash last night but I think it was content manager that crashed. Restarted content manager and it worked 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 5:16 p.m.

This is what happens when I use the Z4 and the shader patch:

wae
wae PowerDork
2/25/21 8:42 p.m.

Ooohh...  I didn't try a different car.  Oops! 

dean1484
2/25/21 9:02 p.m.

Server will be down tonight for a while. I am cloning the drive for installation in the new server. The new server should be able to host much larger races as it will have 32 gb of cl15 ram.  It will also free up my little gaming pc for gaming only.  

On another note I am looking to pick up a test bench that the new server will be installed on. If anyone has any suggestions for good test benches I would appreciate them. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 10:04 p.m.

Someone put a skidpad/drift pad in the middle of this weeks track.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/25/21 10:05 p.m.

Also, a short story in 3 pictures (center your wheel before you launch)

dean1484
2/25/21 10:52 p.m.

Server is back up

Air can you put this up on the 1st page?  This track is much better than what we had adn since we already ran it most of us should have it all ready.  I am hoping you still have the file for it to host in your google drive.

I am going to see about setting up a one drive where I can put stuff for you air in case I have content on the server that for some reason we can not find on line that you can just pull down from there for your google drive.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/25/21 11:35 p.m.

First page updated.   I also added a link to the archive folder of the cars and tracks we have used.

dean1484
2/25/21 11:46 p.m.

@ Pro we can explore that track some more. This week is going to be a bit disjointed with the server since. I am hopefully swapping it over to the new machine.  It should be no problem BUT I will get back to you on that when it is done.  LOL

dean1484
2/26/21 8:42 a.m.

Ok the new server is running (not on line yet) I have some networking settings on it to do and I have to update some drivers but the clone of the drive worked perfectly!!!

The original server is back on line now and people can play on that. 

I hope to bring the other one on line over the weekend. 

Actually maybe as soon as tonight depending on if everything goes smooth. I need to mount it in some sort of case or test bench.  At the moment it is sitting on the motherboard box with the PSU sitting next to it LOL.  I will also want to get a better cooler the stock AMD one works great but it is RGB and that is annoying and the fan with out a case is quite loud so I may spring for a big boy Noctua one BUT I really like how the AMD cooler blows down and provides cooling for the VRM's and the M.2 Drive.  So if I go to a quieter cooler then I may want to add another fan and two fans will probably be just as much noise as the stock AMD.  

Oh and the Gforce 710 seems to be a solid choice for a server.

So for about $200 for some additional ram (16 GB added to bring it up to 32 gb) and a new evo 970 1 tb M.2 drive.  And spare parts lying around we got what I hope will be a very solid server that will let us have large fields with out any problems. 

dean1484
2/26/21 4:07 p.m.

Its Alive!!!  The screen on the Right is the new server running locally.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
emQoT0XikSjdsPU1kfCNPGw6FABo8H2Dhnn0zqowFJ34BDnDtLS02Clgn62FfUFp