1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 160
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/1/21 9:49 a.m.

Those are mod cars, right?  I don't see the Ghia or Anglia in AC.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/1/21 10:16 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Yes, they are. I think they both came from Assettoland.

Edit: Whoops, the Anglia was at Assettomods.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/1/21 11:29 a.m.

If we can get Darwin (which I suspect he is doing now) to do a lap time comparison on the cars you mentioned, it could make for some good learning races (handicapping if necessary).  The F500 where fun, but where actually a bit tricky to drive in some circumstances.

Any track suggestions?  It seems like a smaller US track might be appropriate.  Anyone have one they would like to try (maybe local)?  VIR or Mid-Ohio are always good fallback of course.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/21 11:35 a.m.

I like the glen but that is for bigger faster cars.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/1/21 12:12 p.m.
aircooled said:

If we can get Darwin (which I suspect he is doing now)

Hey, some of us work during the day!

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/1/21 12:14 p.m.

What was the weird twisty track that is on a hillside?  In New Jersey? or somewhere back east.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/1/21 12:28 p.m.

I've been using Highlands Short and Magione. I think the latter is more interesting, as it's a bit longer, though the Anglias tend to freight train everything else on the back straight (relatively speaking). They'd probably need a little ballast. I also added the 70 Beetle (the 67 is set up with slicks and is just too fast), which works pretty well in the mix. If I could find a Mark I Mini and maybe a Morris Minor I think they'd fit as well, as would some silly 60's French things. Basically anything tiny with around 50hp. It would be really interesting to throw some heavy late 40s-early 50s US iron into the mix, but I haven't found anything like that in stock form.

Edit: I think Goodwood might be suitable for the small stuff as well. I haven't downloaded it yet, however.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/1/21 12:46 p.m.

There are a couple of candidates on this page:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/other

The Hillman Imp looks race modified, but the Reliant Robin (no guarantee in the turns!!), the Spitfire, the ZAZ 965 (?!) and the 48 Packard (luxery!) seem to have potential.

I also see the Morgan Super Sport under Morgan.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/1/21 1:40 p.m.

TDT did Reliant Robins.  It looks like a good time:

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/1/21 1:49 p.m.

OK, I pulled a few of those mentioned. The Packard won't download for some reason. I'll see how they stack up.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/1/21 2:40 p.m.

Only the ZAZ seems to be modeled on a stock vehicle that would fit the criteria. The Minor and the Imp are race versions, and the Spitfire is higher powered and will run away from the pack as it is. The ZAZ is every bit as slow and joyless as a Communist transport appliance should be. The best I could do (which isn't saying much) at Magione was 1:59, when the others I mentioned earlier are in the high 1:40s. Probably a backmarker in the best of circumstances, and a rolling chicane in the worst.

The Mini is a hoot, and adds the interesting dynamic of FWD vs. RWD, but it's too fast for the slow cars. I can see a couple of groups being formed. Imp, Mini, maybe a few other LBCs in one, and the Fiat, Bugeye Sprite, and the VWs in another. I'll keep experimenting.

Oh, and the Spitfire model seems to be a bit messed up. Not worth using in its current form IMO.

dean1484
3/2/21 1:30 p.m.

I am leaning towards the 370z for tomorrow.  Anyone else have there choice made?

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/2/21 2:01 p.m.

Probably the Skyline GTR. I tried the Audi and the BMW as well; the Audi is way beyond my ability to drive at this point, and the BMW is fine but doesn't feel as good as the Skyline.

Edit: OK, I lied. I tried the 370Z and dropped several seconds off my best time in the GTR. I'm still slow, just less slow.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/2/21 5:47 p.m.

My 370z, Z4, and Mustang times are all within 0.1s of one another.  Its a toss up.

The Supra and R34 are < 1 second off the pace, so I'm sure I will hop in those for a few laps.

The Audi is a unique, uncooperative beast.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/21 8:02 p.m.

I was able to download Mid Ohio but cant find the files for the cars. I'm sure I missed them somewhere.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/2/21 9:09 p.m.

All the cars for this week are included in the game*

Assuming you have the Ultimate edition/all the DLC.

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/21 10:41 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

ok no problem then

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 7:51 a.m.

Hmm my new brake pedal arrives at noon today.  Wonder if I can squeeze in enough time to install/test prior to our race.

dean1484
3/3/21 7:59 a.m.

Looking forward to tonight. I hope these cars mean close racing.  Next week I hope to set up the new server however I am in need of another decent graphics card (yes this is a first world problem). 

The issue is that if I use the same machine for both the server and to play on it makes managing the server easy. If I game on a different computer then I need to sort out some sort of remote access to the server from the one I am gaming on.  Temote desktop is the obvious answer here. The new server will be more than capable of handling  playing on it and handling the server so that may be the way I go but the graphics card in it is less than optimal for gaming.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 8:11 a.m.

I can check my graphics card pile and see what I've got, but all of them are going to be power hogs.  Really for the server you should run the lowest power card you've got since none of the server processing is on the GPU.  Keep the heat load down.

dean1484
3/3/21 1:50 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

I can check my graphics card pile and see what I've got, but all of them are going to be power hogs.  Really for the server you should run the lowest power card you've got since none of the server processing is on the GPU.  Keep the heat load down.

Ya I realize that.  I have been keeping an eye out for 2060 KO Ultra cards as they are a bit less known to the masses that are looking for cards at the moment. People know about the standard 2060 and the super.  The KO card is interesting as it has the same chip as the 2080TI so for doing things like rendering it is only off a 2080ti by about 5 percent but for FPS it is a bit better than a 2060 Super.  And its power requirements are about 15 Watts less than the super (around 160 W if I remember). 

Here is hoping that the prices come back down some day for these cards.

dean1484
3/3/21 2:03 p.m.

My Current Card in the new machien is a MSI GeForce GT 710 Low Profile Passive Cooled 2GB DDR3 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card.  It was in the discount rack at Microcenter for half list (about $35).  Some one returned it for some reason.  I have not actually tried it to see if it can run AC.  AC is such a low overhead game that it may actually work on it at 1080p

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 2:05 p.m.

That's a perfect server card.  The only thing better would be onboard graphics.

(or run it headless and no GPU needed)

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 10:38 p.m.

Impromptu German mosh pit

Unexpected tandem Mustang drift

Skylines produced the cleanest racing I think.  Good fun.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/3/21 10:47 p.m.

When you gloat about moving into 1st, setting FTD, and having a faster yet predicted lap.  Oops.

Note the 'haze' effect on the Mustang's windows.  This is only present on the Mustang.  I have concluded that its some sort supernatural effect that makes Mustangs crash, but produces a visible aura.

1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IODuuP5u76ts6xrhyhea5TIeyCMfrdZEEZKtL5cwSnyix2wzFdHpHUW42i9ClOCm