1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 160
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/18/21 10:22 p.m.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/19/21 1:44 p.m.

Just messing around after fixing the gearing of the Stinger model (it had a weird combination of the two available boxes).  Autumn Ring is a fun track with a lot more gear changes than most real tracks. Driving it with a controller and a high rear view really brought back some memories.

This is also a subtle hint for everyone to come up with a car they either own, or previously owned so we can see if we can re-create them in the game and create some sort of race based on them (either all racing together, or some sort of individual races that involve the cars).

BTW - I do not own a Stinger, but my car uses the Stinger as a starting point.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/21 3:09 p.m.

I think that those photos are fantastic!!!!  I also like that vid of my run through the bus stop!!  

We should put something together from these and post up over in the main forum. Maybe we can get some more people to join in the fun. 

dean1484
3/19/21 3:12 p.m.
aircooled said:

Is this the pass you where talking about:

Yup. That was a fun one. Pounding the curbs and the correct line can net you a ton of time in the bus stop. 

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/19/21 7:19 p.m.

Has Sebring been modeled in AC yet? Might be an option to consider for next week, given that the 12 Hours is tomorrow, and I think it would work with the TC Legends car set.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/19/21 8:53 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

http://assettomods.com/sebring-international-raceway-reboot-project/

https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/sebring-international-raceway.html

Looks like a few variants.  Maybe in honor of the 12 hour, we do a longer race?  12 laps?

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/20/21 8:08 a.m.

I think the second one is better (sebring_rtb_v08) - the other one is much too smooth. Maybe 12 laps and a very low max fuel, so that cars would have to pit? If balance is needed, make it so smaller cars would have to pit once and the big bore stuff twice? Sort of a mini-enduro.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/20/21 11:24 a.m.

I put that version up on the drive.  The other tracks are in the Archive now.  We can probably jump back to Autumn Ring next week.

My guess is, if we go with set fuel and pit stops, the RX3 might not be the best choice...

So, if someone want to figure out what a good required fuel load is, that would be great.  Also, we all need to learn pit stops.  Should be easy, but we probably want to do a quick very short race with pit stops so we can practice.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/20/21 11:46 a.m.

Yeah, I need to learn how to do pit stops. I'll see if I can start getting some baselines for fuel consumption.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/20/21 11:50 a.m.

I'm assuming the server can set a max fuel load such that we are required to pit?  I'm guessing we want to target enough for 7/8laps as that would require everyone to pit once, but not twice

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/20/21 2:48 p.m.

I am actually not seeing any setting for fuel load.  There is a setting for rate of fuel burn, which could work if we can figure out a multiplier that works.  It does not look like there is a way to do that in CM offline.  So... maybe if we can figure out the fuel burn of a few cars... then based off of full fuel load create a multiplier that makes them run out in 7-8 laps.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/20/21 3:05 p.m.

You can (for a server), but its not super straightforward:

Looks like you need to set a fixed setup, and remove all values except fuel.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/allow-server-admins-to-set-pit-stops-as-mandatory.30950/

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/20/21 3:30 p.m.

I tested a few cars. It's not definitive yet, but I think the simplest solution may be to just have everyone start with 20L aboard. Here's what I've got so far in estimated laps per 20L:

Hillman Imp - 6.1

Alpine A110 - 7.3

Datsun 510 - 8.2

Ford Mustang - 5.5

Then everyone could simply plan how much fuel they want to take on in their pit stop, based on what they expect to need for the end of the race.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 9:41 a.m.

Cool, thanks.  I am guessing we should all try and pick a car as soon as possible, do a few laps and get a fuel estimate, so we can figure fuel.

Not a race you want to pick a car you have issues driving, a clean race could help you a lot.

I am assume we will allow all cars?  There is a good chance it will be all 911's.  Although the 2002's and Alphas might be a bit safer.  I obviously lean 911 and like the Imp, but It is likely not competitive on this track.  I would go A110, but that thing was a bit tricky as I remember.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
3/21/21 2:13 p.m.

I'm convinced that the 911, 2002, 2000GT, and Alfa are all the same speed, at least on Autumn Ring.  I think the RX3 and 510 get in the mix on other courses as well.

dean1484
3/21/21 2:29 p.m.

The A110 is just a looser 911.  :-)

dean1484
3/21/21 2:30 p.m.

So I need to change the server to Sebring?  

dean1484
3/21/21 2:49 p.m.

Ok So the server is update to Sebring and this is a REALLY nice looking track!!!  I took the A 110 for a quick spin and it is not bad at all.  The slower cars are are going to be a bit of a chalenge but who ever said racing was easy  LOL 

dean1484
3/21/21 2:58 p.m.

Hay I was thinking.  We could put GRM and or CMS liverys on cars.  Air do you have the power to do this?  I assume we have to load it with the car packs and I have to have it on the server?  If you have to pick one do the A110 and the 911 and maybe the mustang?  I am probibly going to run either the 911 or the A110.  I can see the Toyota being fast here as well.  The Alpha with a GRM livery BUT use the darker Alpha red as the background or put it on a white car.  

dean1484
3/21/21 3:00 p.m.

I really need to lean how to do liveries

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 3:09 p.m.

Some are easy, some are harder.  Just adding stickers should be pretty easy with these.  Changing colors can be hard.

If I do, we will all need to have the exact ones I believe.  Not sure if that is easier just reloading the whole pack?  That might delete any setups though?

I can provide a quick tutorial of what I know.

02Pilot
02Pilot UberDork
3/21/21 4:45 p.m.

I'd love to see a real mix of cars, but I can see why people may gravitate to certain choices. I'm not even remotely fast, but even not pushing hard I find the Mercedes (for one) almost undriveable at Sebring. But it hauls and it would be great to see one out there. I'll probably be in an A110 or an Imp, or possibly a Mustang; of the cars I've tried so far, those are ones I seem to manage best. I'm not going to be fast in whatever I drive, but I would like to stay mostly on the track.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 8:32 p.m.
dean1484 said:

I really need to lean how to do liveries

I still don't know how to deal with the cars without a .dds file, but these do have them (generally the more basic looking cars).  There are areas in CM where you can define maps, but I have not had much success with messing with those.

The stock Kunos cars have layered Photoshop files included with the game, those of course are the easiest to modify because they have layers that define the contours and shadows.  The ones with only a .dds file, which is flat file, so if you paint over any thing with a shadow or a body line, you need to add it back.  Simply replacing the file with a modified one of the same name will update it (the preview in CM needs to be updated manually though). 

With a flat file there are also no boarders for the body and other parts depicted, which can sometimes be defined by careful selection.  It's not critical in a way though since any overflow should have no effect unless it goes into another part of the map.

Photoshop will not open .dds file natively, I believe Gimp will.  I did put the Photoshop plugin for .dds files in the Resources folder linked on the second post.   The only way to get it to work apparently is to manually put it in the appropriate plugins folder, then double click it and open it in Photoshop.  There are online options to convert, then convert back, but they are of course cumbersome.

There are sometimes other detail paint chips or patterns in the skins folder (e.g. the rollbar color for the Mini I did), so you can change those also.  I am pretty certain those are defined in the 3D file (.kn5 I believe), which also can be extracted in CM (super useful program it is). 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 8:35 p.m.

dean1484 said:

The A110 is just a looser 911.  :-)

In reply to dean1484 :

Might I remind you that it has the exact same engine as the Ferrari Dino :p, and it is an extremely small car.  I stood next to one once and it make my Ghia look large.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/21/21 11:55 p.m.

I found this guide for tuning (nothing terribly unique that I see on a quick browse).  There was a good chart for tire temps, which in general seems to be around 90 deg C for most tires.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

• Road legal tyres: mainly affected by thermal degradation, no exact value applicable
  • Street tyres: 75 - 85°C, easy to overheat
  • Semi-Slicks: 75 - 100°C, keep in that range for optimal performance, have linear wear
  • GT2 Supersoft: 90 - 105°C, very high wear, keep in that range
  • GT2 Soft: 90 - 105°C, high wear, keep in that range
  • GT2 Medium: 85 - 105°C, low wear
  • GT2 Hard: 80 - 100°C, after some laps stay stable for a long time
  • GT2 Superhard: 80 - 100°C, same as Hard
  • GT3 Soft: 80 - 110°C, very high wear
  • GT3 Medium: 75 - 105°C, same as GT2 Hard
  • GT3 Hard: 70 - 100°C, same as GT2 Hard
  • Hypercar tyres (Zonda R / 599XX), no exact value applicable
  • Vintage F1 '67 tyres: 50 - 90°C, low wear
1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 160

You'll need to log in to post.